Angry fans/hourihane 😬

De22Ram

There was a mix in the fans, some angry , couldn’t hear what was said, others frustrated, some cursing the ref , some trying to encourage or clap, some trying to give constructive advice for Connor to pass on to Warne - but it’s all pointless as no one could probably hear anything😂

Watching footy for 40 plus years it’s nothing new , I’ve seen it at many clubs, especially those fallen from grace. All will calm until the next time.

Respect to Connor for coming over , lots wouldn’t and didn’t. 
I wonder if they are frustrated by Warnes tactics ? As much as I like him he doesn’t seem to like creativity ? 

1 minute ago, LN747 said:

There was a mix in the fans, some angry , couldn’t hear what was said, others frustrated, some cursing the ref , some trying to encourage or clap, some trying to give constructive advice for Connor to pass on to Warne - but it’s all pointless as no one could probably hear anything😂

Watching footy for 40 plus years it’s nothing new , I’ve seen it at many clubs, especially those fallen from grace. All will calm until the next time.

I wonder if they are frustrated by Warnes tactics ? As much as I like him he doesn’t seem to like creativity ? 

Yeah i was thinking the same! Hourihane probs want to dink some through balls through the middle but is told to go wide! Fans get frustrated, take it out on them, the players probably agree with the fans but have to do what the manager tells them!

24 minutes ago, LN747 said:

Hourihane was asked about tactics at the fans forum and said it was up to the players to adapt to what the manager wants. In saying today, we are trying, he's giving the same message.

I think it is his way of saying we're doing what we're told to do. My take on that (both times) is that it's not what he - and probably several others - wants to do. 

I'm maybe just thinking that because it's not what I want them to do, either.

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Hourihane was asked about tactics at the fans forum and said it was up to the players to adapt to what the manager wants. In saying today, we are trying, he's giving the same message.

I think it is his way of saying we're doing what we're told to do. My take on that (both times) is that it's not what he - and probably several others - wants to do. 

I think it's very brave to approach what are (quite rightly) unhappy fans at this time. Props to him

Also, a lot of love for CH for missing that penalty. Forest legend 😉❤️

Was at the game , big shout out for Conor for coming over to a toxic away end and trying to explain his frustrations , same again some shameful behaviour by some of our so called fans, don’t get me wrong it was not a good performance and the ref was a clown  but some of the abuse aimed at most of the players and manager was way over the top

1 minute ago, Premier ram said:

Was at the game , big shout out for Conor for coming over to a toxic away end and trying to explain his frustrations , same again some shameful behaviour by some of our so called fans, don’t get me wrong it was not a good performance and the ref was a clown  but some of the abuse aimed at most of the players and manager was way over the top

Agree with this. Wasn’t there today. But fair play to Connor coming over, looked toxic. But fair play. Warne got a lot to answer … or Clowes 

Fans always get the blame in these situations but how the Derby fans are acting is human nature. Not fair that Hourihane got the brunt of it. 

How can Warne be comfortable in a job when the atmosphere towards him is so venomous? Surely the players won’t want to play in front of that every week either. At what point do they turn on PW.

37 minutes ago, angieram said:

Careful. I was criticised for saying the same thing.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

100% Angie

Guy next to me today was even more anti Warne than me. Hurling abuse at him all second half.

The atmosphere is awful at the moment. Away end today was silent, almost knowing what was going to happen after the first 10 minutes. I’d say 80-90% of fans have totally lost faith now.

That said, there’s only one fan whose opinion really matters - and that’s David Clowes. And he has no intention whatsoever of sacking Paul Warne sadly. So we all need to buckle up for the toxicity to come.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Guy next to me today was even more anti Warne than me. Hurling abuse at him all second half.

The atmosphere is awful at the moment. Away end today was silent, almost knowing what was going to happen after the first 10 minutes. I’d say 80-90% of fans have totally lost faith now.

That said, there’s only one fan whose opinion really matters - and that’s David Clowes. And he has no intention whatsoever of sacking Paul Warne sadly. So we all need to buckle up for the toxicity to come.

You'll forgive me so saying but I do find that hard to believe