Angry fans/hourihane šŸ˜¬

De22Ram

I keep seeing this make the ball do the work , far more passing game needed ect because of aging players , well that passing we long for doesnā€™t come magically, itā€™s needs massive energy by the players Ā using constant motion off the ball , always at least two options available to the man on the ball , little triangles ,Ā 

im not knocking that , in fact I love to watch that if itā€™s geared to getting the ball forward ( probably my fav type of play to watch ) but letā€™s not kid ourselves itā€™s easier on the players because it isnā€™t , itā€™s harder , and Iā€™m not seeing that movement off the ball or players really supporting the man in possession,

My wife has recently started to come to games regularly after never being much interested in football and its really refreshing hearing the comments of someone who is newish to the game ,

her comment over this season is that we never seem to have anybody to pass to but the other team have always got people near enough to pass to šŸ˜‚,Ā 

itā€™s pretty simple , movement off the ball but that takes energy in games and practice on the trading ground too

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't know the stats but why do you think Collins is better with his head than his feet? He seems to have a decent shot on him but we rarely get the ball in the box on floor it seems? But either way if we created enough chances we have enough attackers who can score goals, either by being in the 'right place', or by running into the box, or by shooting from outside the box.

Why didn't Nat shoot yesterday but fluffed a pass to Waggy and then Sibs tried to score with the rebound? Why isn't Barks getting into the box more to attack, he's shown he knows were to be. Waghorn knows how to score but is played as a 10. Oh there's lots of players who can score given decent chances, actually there's less players who can score from balls slung into the box. It's no longer anything but exasperating from the manager.

I say crosses because that's explicitly the thing Warne seems to want us doing, and we're not even doing that very well (because we aren't setting up to do it, as much as anything).Ā Ā He's probably as good with his feet, but what he needs is lots of balls played in and around him - crosses, cutbacks, loose balls rattling around whatever.Ā  You can't just stick him up front and use him like Steve Howard or Chris Martin or David Nugent and expect it to work.

The truth is, we aren't really setting up to get the best out of any of our squad, especially in forward areas.Ā  And while that is true, we're going to struggle to score goals.Ā  You can absolutely set us up differently to benefit Sibley, Barkhuizen etc (and I'd probably prefer watching that tbh), but what matters is that you're getting as many of your players doing what they're good at as possible.

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

her comment over this season is that we never seem to have anybody to pass to but the other team have always got people near enough to pass to šŸ˜‚,Ā 

itā€™s pretty simple , movement off the ball but that takes energy in games and practice on the trading ground too

Its down to the whole way the system is set up.Ā  If you want lots of passing options, you need the team to be compact (i.e. keep the distance between your backline and forwards relatively small), so there are always lots of players with 10/20/30 yards of the guy on the ball. The team then progresses up the pitch as a unit - everybody goes forwards together, everybody goes back together.

WarneBall is the exact opposite - get the ball forward as quickly as possible, which results in the team being very stretched.Ā  You have much fewer passing options because so many of your players are still chasing to catch up with the play (or not going with the play at all), or you're trying to play the ball to the guy 50 yards in front of you, not 10 yards.

In both systems, you are still using energy (moving into space, vs getting up and down), but normally you would use a lot less in a possession team.Ā  You only need a few guys moving into space at any given point vs having the whole team running between both boxes for the whole game.

2 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

We've got someone with the potential to be a good striker (at least at this level) sitting in the youth team unable to get a league minute. We know what we get with Collins and Waggy (who IMO are both past their best...)... why not give the unknown a chance when we obviously need to try something different... and it baffles me that PW seems so against the idea!

PW would only use the academy if the system was changed so we had an U35s team.Ā 
Ā 

In fact, if the rumours are true, he watches more of the VETS teams around Derby than he does the U21s.Ā 

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I don't think they would have been moaning about the fans. The players know the score. This is simply unacceptable for a club of this size.

And that could be part of the problem. Us Rams fans talking about getting in the Prem Ā  yet signing strikers like Collins . The first step would have been getting someone like Jordan Rhodes.

3 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

PW would only use the academy if the system was changed so we had an U35s team.Ā 
Ā 

In fact, if the rumours are true, he watches more of the VETS teams around Derby than he does the U21s.Ā 

What rumours, isn't that what this forum is about?! šŸ˜„

44 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

And that could be part of the problem. Us Rams fans talking about getting in the Prem Ā  yet signing strikers like Collins . The first step would have been getting someone like Jordan Rhodes.

I would have been happy to get Rhodes, but so far this season his ā€œMinutes per goalā€ is only slightly better than who we got instead - Waghorn (97 v 115 according to BBC).

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I expect they both moaned about the fans, some of whom would not have been the nicest people.Ā 

Player explains to fans "we're giving it our best but this is how the Manager wants us to play"...Manager says to player in the changing room "what went off out there" player says "it's your crap formation, Your why wall, You buying mugs for a players 1st goal instead of coaching intelligent players and putting them in their best position, It's about setting up a formation where we dictate the play and not letting the opposition, It's about you calling out some players for having their heads turned, It's about you giving poor post match interviews, But you never had the balls to go over so I as your Captain did and took a bullet for you...never again mate"Ā 

37 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Player explains to fans "we're giving it our best but this is how the Manager wants us to play"...Manager says to player in the changing room "what went off out there" player says "it's your crap formation, Your why wall, You buying mugs for a players 1st goal instead of coaching intelligent players and putting them in their best position, It's about setting up a formation where we dictate the play and not letting the opposition, It's about you calling out some players for having their heads turned, It's about you giving poor post match interviews, But you never had the balls to go over so I as your Captain did and took a bullet for you...never again mate"Ā 

Where you in there listening!? šŸ˜„

Slightly OT, did anyone else see just how frustrated Cashin was at the end of the game? He was on the grass on his knees and beat the ground with his fist very hard about 5 or 6 times. Not a happy bunny at all.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where you in there listening!? šŸ˜„

Slightly OT, did anyone else see just how frustrated Cashin was at the end of the game? He was on the grass on his knees and beat the ground with his fist very hard about 5 or 6 times. Not a happy bunny at all.

I have a spy in the camp, I'll not tell you who but his nickname is MinceĀ šŸ˜

Yes I read where a poster said this, Maybe...just maybe not all is rosy at Moor FarmĀ šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

1 hour ago, Bessie1 said:

I would have been happy to get Rhodes, but so far this season his ā€œMinutes per goalā€ is only slightly better than who we got instead - Waghorn (97 v 115 according to BBC).

Hindsight is brilliant - Mel wouldnā€™t give Exeter Ā£4 mill for Ollie Watkins but stumped up Ā£10 mill for Beilik.

I hope that eventually the players do what happened under clement. He played the counter-attacking game with Mogadon. And it was Tedious with a capital "T". But suddenly, in the home cup match against Manchester United, George Thorne and Chris Martin got the ball just outside our area, and two or three passes between them and the ball was in the net, in just a matter of seconds. Brilliant. Showing what we were capable of if we were allowed to. It was rank disobedience, and we never saw it again, but by did it make a point!

Come on, you lads, do something really naughty and play football for long enough to go ahead, and then see what Warney boy does.