Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

27 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Who is embellishing things? I’ve never said Warne is doing a perfect job or massively overachieving, just that many fans are overly critical.

To be honest, we are about where I expected us to be. 3rd or 4th and trying to outdo the teams that finished above us.

You are the one that is suggesting he has a simple, painfully easy job to do. All the evidence points to the opposite.

The failure of other teams is absolutely relevant because it highlights if it was such a straightforward league to navigate, other teams that have the ability to compete would not be as far back as they are. 

All the evidence?

All the evidence points to us being able to put in awful performances for a significant proportion of our games and still be one win away from top place. Imagine if we actually had to play well to win!?

That you seem to think the evidence points to it being a difficult league is an example of you embellishing the job done.

I've literally just said it isn't dead simple so please don't accuse me of saying something I haven't.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

"The idea that Warne is some impoverished coach with no resources and a begging bowl is utter nonsense. Our wage bill (even on our business plan), pulling power as a club (purely on size), facilities etc eclipse the rest of the division with maybe one or two exceptions."

Despite the above we were still outbid for a player by another team in this league.

So obviously all of the advantages you listed counted for nowt.

I'm sorry I don't understand what you are trying to argue here. You seem fixated on the idea that being outbid on a player negates everything I have put forward to back up my point that Warne has been backed and has got access to some of the most bountiful resources in the league. It doesn't.

Warne has been backed and we still look like less than the sum of our parts as a squad. We can and should be applying those advantages more effectively. That's on him as the manager, the buck stops with him.

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Are we calling each other tvv*ts and 🛎️ends now?

How very junior schoolish!  

Reminds me of that funny story back when I was nine years old... etc... etc... and then we all shouted "Boobies" and ran off!  Great days!  😁

I never knew what a Tw*t or a 🔔end was even tho I was sitting next to a image.png.12259ea93c228438fedf610de9a1ffbe.png

30 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Confidence going forward?

Roy did you actually even read my original post?

I’m literally saying I’m worried about us going forward.

Honestly think you could get into an argument with your own reflection sometimes 🤷‍♂️

Yes I read your post. I replied asking how could you say what you did but say you wouldn't sack the manager - you didn't really reply to that.

Just preferred to try and deflect, again.

So you said: After the “vote of confidence” from the club he changed formation ..." and I said (paraphrase) would we have to wait for the Management to prod him everytime?!

You're not very convincing with why you wouldn't sack the manager, even though you say you are worried about our future.

Edited by RoyMac5

37 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think we're under par in the league table - not by a huge amount because there aren't top sides away over the horizon like last season, but the pre-season poll on here was an expectation of promotion and with over half the season gone we're only 4th. We should be doing better.

We are three points off top and joint third on points!

I'd imagine if Liam had been in charge and we were in third place,it would like a plasterers radio on here.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We are three points off top and joint third on points!

I'd imagine if Liam had been in charge and we were in third place,it would like a plasterers radio on here.

1. Bolton 2.11 ppg
  2. Portsmouth 2.03 ppg
  3. Peterborough 2.00 ppg
  4. RAMS 1.93 ppg
  5. Barnsley 1.86 ppg
  6. Stevenage 1.81 ppg

You say we're 3 points off top, but that's a skewed view of the table without taking games played into account. To catch Bolton given this differential we probably need to win 6 or 7 games in a row, and there are only 17 games left. We will need 3 or 4 wins in a row from here to move into second place. We have never got over 2 points a game this season (even Warne talks about that) and it's clear we need to be above that to become likely for promotion.

PS There's no such thing as "joint third on points" ;)

6 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Sorry but that is just insane. So, if we managed to grab one of the top two places, or even win the league, you’d get rid of Warne? Warne’s record in the Championship isn’t good but surely any manager that achieved automatic promotion deserves to be given a shot at the next league up. No doubt someone will regurgitate the fact that LR wasn’t given the chance but, as has been pointed out so many times, he was never appointed as manager.

I agree, Peterborough played us off the park at our place and we’ve not achieved those levels of performance this season (or perhaps we have - away at Oxford excluding the first 20 minutes?) but they only beat us by a single goal (in the 94th minute) and they didn’t when we play us off the park at Peterborough. 

Out of interest, how many Championship games (full games, not just the goals on the EFL highlights) do you watch to know that Posh would be bottom six?

Warne’s objective is to get us out of League One. If that happens, there is no reason to keep him on.

We win games in League One because we have better players than the opposition.

But for the past 15 months, when we have come up against teams who are a match for us in terms of quality of player, we have struggled.

This season we have improved after the awful results against last season’s top eight, but we’re still unconvincing.

I’d get rid of Warne because that would be the necessary action to push on the Championship.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

When he left Rotherham for us, weren’t they in the top 6 or something?

It’s definitely something I worry about. If we are playing the football we are now next season we will go straight back down.

Question really is whether we think, with more of an opportunity to change the squad, it will get better?

It's a valid point but it's the reason I don't really want Smith here, don't want to be some kind Rotherham tribute act with Warne getting the band back together. Fact that it sounds like we were in for Goodwin gives me some hope though, bout time we actually started looking at prospects like that.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Warne’s objective is to get us out of League One. If that happens, there is no reason to keep him on.

We win games in League One because we have better players than the opposition.

But for the past 15 months, when we have come up against teams who are a match for us in terms of quality of player, we have struggled.

This season we have improved after the awful results against last season’s top eight, but we’re still unconvincing.

I’d get rid of Warne because that would be the necessary action to push on the Championship.

Warne's initial objective is to get us out of league one. If he achieves that then he will have a new objective. I would imagine every manager has short term objectives that are reset once achieved. 

I agree that we have rarely been convincing this season but you'd have to give him the chance to prove his worth IF we did well enough to grab one of the automatic promotion places. At the end of the day though, it doesn't matter what you or I think should happen. I'd say there is zero chance that he'll get sacked at this season if we got promoted even if it was via the play offs.

45 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You're not very convincing with why you wouldn't sack the manager, even though you say you are worried about our future.

I wouldn't sack the manager because it's January and we're three points behind first.

I wouldn't sack the manager because he's not had a fully fit squad to select from all season.

I wouldn't sack the manager because there's absolutely no other obvious alternative available who we could bring in.

I wouldn't sack the manager because even the better managers you could identify are all under contract and therefore out of our price range.

I wouldn't sack the manager because we're in a promotion race, not a relegation one.

And I wouldn't sack the manager because it would destabilise the club at this current time. 

You say I'm not very convincing but I'm not even sure what your point of view even is? I haven't seen you offer one alternative to Warne or offer any constructive feedback to how the club should do things differently. The only manager I have ever seen you fawn over was the one that was trying to take over the club with his dodgy mates. How did he get on at Birmingham by the way?

If you can offer 3 ways in which Derby could do things differently I'll take this back, but I am starting to think you actually just prefer us to be in crisis at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

If you can offer 3 ways in which Derby could do things differently I'll take this back, but I am starting to think you actually just prefer us to be in crisis at this point. 

Yes, I prefer us to suffer and struggle. You got me there. I figure if we get rid of Warne the turmoil this will cause will probably get us relegated and then we'll go into an even longer decline.

Damn! If it wasn't for those pesky kids...

You do make stuff up. 😄

I have already said elsewhere I'd get Warnock in. And shame we missed out on Mowbray.

14 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

It's a valid point but it's the reason I don't really want Smith here, don't want to be some kind Rotherham tribute act with Warne getting the band back together. Fact that it sounds like we were in for Goodwin gives me some hope though, bout time we actually started looking at prospects like that.

Agreed on that point mate, I'd like to see us cast our net a bit further than the ex-Rotherham pool!

But in fairness, to date, we've only signed a couple. Vickers, Washington, have there been any others?

I think perhaps some of the links to ex-Rotherham players are just examples of lazy journalism. 

If you're one for rumours, you might also stipulate that it's got something to do with a slightly discordant start to the new Head of Recruitments time in charge. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, I prefer us to suffer and struggle. You got me there. I figure if we get rid of Warne the turmoil this will cause will probably get us relegated and then we'll go into an even longer decline.

You do make stuff up. 😄

I have already said elsewhere I'd get Warnock in. And shame we missed out on Mowbray.

You have at least made one good suggestion - Mowbray would have been brilliant. Probably unlikely to ever happen while we are in this division, though! He has rightly deserved to stay managing Champ clubs.

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You do make stuff up. 😄

Warnock, no thanks.