Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

Right now I hope Warne leaves before this go from bad to worse. I like him as a person even if his way of setting us up is not compatible with DCFC. I hate to see him getting abuse from the fans but I also hate to see how we get beaten by Shrewsbury and Stevenege et.al. I could never think that we would not make the top 6 in this poor league but now I actually fear we even might end up mid table if this continues. Horrible to watch right now, like a car crash. 

Vickers

Nyambe, Nelson, Bradley, Wilson

Ward, White, Fornah, Springett

Washington,  Waghorn

That is Warne’s team. His signings.

I think Nyambe and Nelson are excellent. Vickers we can’t really judge. Ward and Fornah, the jury is out. Waghorn is someone’s mate who makes the numbers up. But that is his team. Does anyone think that is better than an 11 that was already here? I don’t. I wouldn’t  want him spending any of my money.

15 minutes ago, InstaRam said:

Right now I hope Warne leaves before this go from bad to worse. I like him as a person even if his way of setting us up is not compatible with DCFC. I hate to see him getting abuse from the fans but I also hate to see how we get beaten by Shrewsbury and Stevenege et.al. I could never think that we would not make the top 6 in this poor league but now I actually fear we even might end up mid table if this continues. Horrible to watch right now, like a car crash. 

Warne is a top bloke in my opinion football aside he's a decent man even though some seem to not like his friendliness, nothing i'd like to see more than him getting us playing well and winning games regularly but it just isn't happening 

If we do sack off Warne, is that including all the people he's brought into the club? Warne got his head fitness coach and team from Rotherham via Lincoln, his head analyst and team from Rotherham, the recruitment guy and his team from Oxford. Then there's Warne and his three coaches. There's probably best part of a dozen staff, if not more there. 

Then with that, did Warne have a big say on the academy appointments? Could that be impacted? 

I'm right on the fence at the moment but I'm starting very quickly to fall into the Warne out side. 

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

The teams that seem to hit the ground running when getting promoted from L1 to the Championship don't play the archaeic  football drudge that we are watching ...lets get a good young side together playing good attractive football that we can all get behind 

a team that will not need major surgery in the championship 

exactly what i've been saying

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

The teams that seem to hit the ground running when getting promoted from L1 to the Championship don't play the archaeic  football drudge that we are watching ...lets get a good young side together playing good attractive football that we can all get behind 

a team that will not need major surgery in the championship 

So who doing to build this wonder team capable of playing good attractive football, who should we give the job to? Importantly from where are they going to acquire all these young players? 

More importantly how are we going to fund this.

May be all the Warne out brigade can start a go fund me page. Hell why not ask the Clowes detractors to chip in. Then buy the club and run it how they want it to be run.

I do hope there'll be a few million quid left over after acquiring the club. As I'm sure changing the manager and assembling a squad of talented youngsters won't come cheap.

And I wouldn't like to see fans turn on the new owners and manager, because they didn't spend money they didn't have and failed to get us immediately promoted. 

41 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

So who doing to build this wonder team capable of playing good attractive football, who should we give the job to? Importantly from where are they going to acquire all these young players? 

More importantly how are we going to fund this.

May be all the Warne out brigade can start a go fund me page. Hell why not ask the Clowes detractors to chip in. Then buy the club and run it how they want it to be run.

I do hope there'll be a few million quid left over after acquiring the club. As I'm sure changing the manager and assembling a squad of talented youngsters won't come cheap.

And I wouldn't like to see fans turn on the new owners and manager, because they didn't spend money they didn't have and failed to get us immediately promoted. 

You're a bundle of fun aren't you ? lol

No I'm not saying spend millions , thats the point, we had a reset where we had no choice but to shop in the bargain basement, get our scouts looking at certain types of players, look harder for bargains both here and yes...maybe even abroad one day

Get the right man in who will buy into the long term project and have a vision of what he'd like DCFC to look like in say 5 years then try and implement the plan...its not an easy task i get that ...but there is also plenty of scope to have got us some good untried maybe at this level youngsters in with a few older heads and said...right this is where we are going and we will stick with it because its a vision we can achieve,,,Brighton is a perfect example...we beat them in the play off semis not that long ago and look how far apart we are now , one in Europe and one in div3 !!

If you think its all about spending lots of money then yes it is not achievable but we have the biggest scare of our lifetime and the club was only saved by a proper fan and i totally respect Mr Clowes 

all I am saying is maybe just maybe if we could turn back time was Warne and more importantly, was Warnes football strategy where we wanted to be starting from ? Because teams like Brighton for example when they lost/changed a manager didn't go from one extreme to another

Warne has tried his best but I seriously cannot see this being turned around and the problem is long term do we really want this type of football to succeed? 

Short term some may say yes and if Warne gets us up then change the manager but surely this is where the foresight would benefit us as changing managers, buying the wrong players to suit how we want to play etc etc is where money would get wasted 

have a clear idea how and where you want the club to go , get the right people in to implement that , scout and try to get the sort of bargain players and how the academy is to mirror the first team and then and only then .....give it time to flourish 

The problem I see is Warne is not the right person to have been tasked with it....not his fault he was the wrong choice and Mr Clowes was only doing what he thought was right , but now is the time to cut it as its not working 

Nothing wrong in making mistakes we all make them but when you do its best to act rather than letting it carry on even if that means paying what is needed to make a fresh start ...or is it better to let it go on another 3 years ?

Edited by S8TY

3 hours ago, Topram said:

Clowse won’t sack Warne for 2 reasons, 

1 Big big cost to sack him and his team 

2. This was his big first call and letting LR go to replace him with PW looks a disastrous decision and he as a businessman will be to proud to sack him.

as a successful businessman he should surely know not to let emotion get in the way of decision making...

4 hours ago, Topram said:

Clowse won’t sack Warne for 2 reasons, 

1 Big big cost to sack him and his team 

2. This was his big first call and letting LR go to replace him with PW looks a disastrous decision and he as a businessman will be to proud to sack him.

A stupid business man if he is ruled by pride ,you dig your own hole if you don't  know when to accept you made the wrong call. He keeps Warne longer and he will be getting abuse from some sections as well . Not saying that's right just how it is.

4 hours ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

A stupid business man if he is ruled by pride ,you dig your own hole if you don't  know when to accept you made the wrong call. He keeps Warne longer and he will be getting abuse from some sections as well . Not saying that's right just how it is.

And surely not accepting that you've made a mistake will affect his other businesses. His reputation must be taking a real hit in his property business?

10 hours ago, DazzaRam said:

Pay as in sacking him. And it was an horrendous error. 

As I say, it’s easy to say with hindsight but not many can have reasonably foreseen the appointment of someone considered a bit of a league one promotion expert as an horrendous error at the time. The bookies certainly didn’t seem the think so and, whilst I can’t be bothered to go back through the forum, I suspect there weren’t many of us who thought so at the time. Some may have had doubts, some may have been concerned about his style of football and his ability to keep us in the championship but I doubt many considered it an “horrendous” error. Even now, if DC’s expectation and budgeting were based on us getting promoted within three years (none of us really know), he may be disappointed but not yet considering it an error to have appointed PW. I just hope PW and DC talk about and can see how we’re going to improve because I don’t think many of us fans can at the moment.

Regarding making DC pay, you phrased it as you wanted him to be punished (as I read it). I’m not saying PW shouldn’t be sacked but, if he is, we can’t expect DC to keep dipping into his own pocked and I would expect some of the compensation would have to come out of the clubs reserves and future transfer budget (assuming we have built some up).

40 minutes ago, alfaskye said:

And surely not accepting that you've made a mistake will affect his other businesses. His reputation must be taking a real hit in his property business?

Not a chance. I think every reasonable person knows that running a football club isn’t really like running most other businesses. Also, people that have dealings with him (or his companies) will appreciate that he (and his management team) know the property business quite well. Any reputation he has established in that environment won’t have been damaged by his foray into a business environment that is alien to him.