Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It may sound backwards, but instinctive passing is coached. The more you repeat it in training, the more instinctive it is when you are in the same situation during the match. We have a coach who doesn't value passing, so very little emphasis will be on that during training sessions, and in turn, there is no instinctive passing during games. Players will take extra touches before making the pass, get dispossessed before being able to spot a pass, make the wrong pass or pass to the opposition, etc..

There's also the receiving the ball side of things. When someone is making those instinctive passes, the rest of the team will also instinctively know where the pass is going before it's even played.
The midfielder knows where to go to pick the ball up off the defence... The forward knows when to come deep to pick up the ball from the midfielder... The winger knows when to make that run behind the full back... The forward knows which area to attack for the cross or pull back, etc...

How long will it take the squad to get back to this style of play? It's all so depressing. 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Or the same number of players, but on less wages. More Wilsons and Fornahs... fewer Bradleys and Elders?

Whilst Warne keeps saying we didn't sign anyone for a fee in the summer, Wilson, Fornah and Washington all joined for *undisclosed*. It was inferred that they will cost us if we win promotion and/or sell them on.

Not a fee to another club but a bigger signing on fee for themselves.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

How long will it take the squad to get back to this style of play? It's all so depressing. 

Until we get a new manager I'd say...I don't dislike Warne at all in fact he seems a decent bloke but can anyone seriously see us go from how we are playing now to playing with more possesion and utilising our midfield to be creative and getting  beyond our striker?

You are asking a manager who has been succesful in this division to rip up his blueprint and change and get us playing in style which is alien to him.

In many ways this is not Warnes fault, this was his big oppurtunity and he said he couldn't say no but hes not a good fit for us and its not working, the only way I see it changing with PW at the helm would be to bring in new coaches but thats not going to happen 

Bryson was good at breaking the lines and getting forward but our setup seems bereft of any midfielders getting forward except for Korey Smiths goal this season we should be doing much more of that from midfield.

I respect and think David Clowes is our saviour but I think he's got this appointment wrong, not lambasting him for that we all make mistakes, I think he'd be seen as doing the right thing now if he was to give Warne only a few games to get us ticking and then a parting of the ways...it happens its football ...its not like Warne wouldn't get another job he would ...

18 minutes ago, S8TY said:

You are asking a manager who has been succesful in this division to rip up his blueprint and change and get us playing in style which is alien to him.

Apparently his 'blueprint' revolved around waving a magic stick...

"I'd like to say I'd come in on a horse with a magic stick and just get 40 wins, but it hasn't been the case," Warne said.

"It has probably been a bit harder than I anticipated.

"There have been really good signs, but Saturday really pulled the curtain back a little bit and I thought we are probably a little bit further off than I'd like to be.

"I don't think we are in a bad spot. If we scored in the last minute and got a point at the weekend it wouldn't feel so dramatic.

"And its not the lads' fault, but when they are the pre-season favourites to win the title, it comes with something and when you lose a game it is a bigger catastrophe. And no-one feels it greater than me."

I think the Derby fans do Mr Warne.

8 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Are you David Clowes? Or in the know? Or like everyone else, a speculation master? Hoping one of your little snippets comes true, so you can say, "I told you so".

Perhaps I should have prefaced each of my comments with IMO, which I did towards the end.  I stand by my OPINION that unless we are back in the top 10, and not too many points off the top 6, by 6pm on Saturday, having taken at the very minimum 3 points, or preferably 4 or 6 points, from the next 2 games, then Clowes will, with reluctance, in my OPINION, have to make a change.  Even 2 draws and remaining in 11th won't be enough.  In my opinion.

No one expects to win every game, but to be surprised week after week by teams that PW supposedly knows inside out as a "League 1 expert", is both disturbing and depressing.  I thought the idea of hiring a League 1 expert was that this person would usually have an answer to the players, formation and tactics of most opposing teams.  If that's the case, then where is that expertise and why do we see so few signs of it week in week out?

I for one would like to see what someone like Steve Mac would get out of this bunch.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It may sound backwards, but instinctive passing is coached. The more you repeat it in training, the more instinctive it is when you are in the same situation during the match. We have a coach who doesn't value passing, so very little emphasis will be on that during training sessions, and in turn, there is no instinctive passing during games. Players will take extra touches before making the pass, get dispossessed before being able to spot a pass, make the wrong pass or pass to the opposition, etc..

There's also the receiving the ball side of things. When someone is making those instinctive passes, the rest of the team will also instinctively know where the pass is going before it's even played.
The midfielder knows where to go to pick the ball up off the defence... The forward knows when to come deep to pick up the ball from the midfielder... The winger knows when to make that run behind the full back... The forward knows which area to attack for the cross or pull back, etc...

Now you see I find the above as talking football and I can get on board with the idea there may be nowhere near enough of this kind of work going on in training, I want us to get the ball forward with urgency MOST of the time when we have it but not by lumping it but rather passing and moving , that involves the team working as a unit , moving forward as one , having shape , drilled on the training ground to the point where players know where others will be and also the options they need to provide for the man on the ball and I agree it’s not happening, if that persists then warne either doesn’t want it or can’t coach it 

From the outset: I want Warne to succeed and do not want the merry-go-round of manager to take another trip.

I wasn't at the match on Saturday and listen to some of the commentary on Radio Derby. Eric Steele said that the second half was one of the best and most entertaining he had seen this season. The result was a bit of a disaster for a team (and its fans) hoping to make up some ground on the teams above. I get the fans at the ground were disappointed with the result but the behaviour and reaction at the end of the game was embarrassing (I know I didn't pay my money to go and watch it). The comments on this website were predictable with the anti-Warne posters making full use of this latest setback.

I watched the game on RamsTV this morning expecting to see a terrible performance of the so-called Warne Hoof Ball. With my rose-tinted glasses (some may say - I call it balanced and realistic) I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. The first half wasn't great but neither was it a disaster. At times we passed the ball quite well, along the ground, until it came to the final important pass to create any opportunity. It then became more of a hope than an expectation. Our midfield (Fornah & Smith) struggled to get into the game , with Bird further upfield doing well. There was little backtracking from the players upfield to help the defence, who in fairness, despite a couple of scares coped quite well. Having seen the game I thought there might have been more criticism of the referee (who at the very least needs a visit to SpecSavers) who I thought had an horrendous game, much to Derby's disadvantage.

The second half was much better and we put together some very good moves and occasionally some defence splitting passes. All to no avail as our finishing was extremely poor again. But we should have scored at least a couple (if not 3). They too had the chance to score and missed 3 easy chances, as we pushed forward in search of an equaliser. From what I saw we deserved at least a point from the game. We were not outplayed, in my opinion, as many said on this forum. Having said that we could have lost 3 0r 4 nil as we abandoned defence at the end.

It was a very disappointing result but not a dreadful performance! Hoof-ball it was not - if you disagree I suggest you watch the game again in an objective way.

I understand the clamour for Warne's dismissal but I also think this is a sad situation. Had it not been for McGoldrick's goals last year, we would have been no where near the playoffs. Yet having lost last year's talisman, people expect automatic promotion this year. The Transfer Window during the summer, currently looks disappointing, in that we have not replaced Mc Goldrick. No one on this site knows what happened duding the window, in terms of how much money was available for transfers/wages, who we tried to sign, why they didn't sign for us (insufficient wages, transfer fee not enough etc etc etc. All I would guess is that it wasn't for lack of effort.

Pre-season matches went reasonably, apart form injuries to Barkheizan, Sibley and Elder, with Collins scoring a few from Joe Ward's Crosses which were a feature of these games. Bradley also played well with a colossal performance against Stoke. The defeat to Wigan was disappointing but we played well and but for 2 errors (Bradley & Wildsmith) we would have won against a better that expected Wigan side. Further injuries to Bird, Ward & Wilson added to our woes, followed by Thompson & Rooney.

At this same stage last year we had 20 points, as opposed to the 18 we have today. We lost our 13th match away at Ipswich, but then went an unbeaten run of 15 games. So hardly any difference, despite our home results being very poor.

The performances are not quite as bad as some people are making out. We are attempting to pass the ball and only "hoof" it out when under pressure, unless its a Cashin "world" ball, which hasn't been as good this year.

Things are not as bad as they seem, in my opinion. I, for one, am prepared to see where the next 6 weeks take us. We should virtually have a full squad (apart from Rooney and maybe Thompson) shortly, so there will be no excuses. What the fans cannot do is turn on the players, as they did on Saturday. They appear to lack a bit of confidence at the moment and need our help. If they are unfortunate to read this Forum then there is no hope for them.

I get Millenniumram, DanS1992, G Star Ram, Bald Eagles Barmy Army etc etc etc view that they want Warne sacked Now - but please give it a rest for a bit - we know your vies only too well. Let's all give the team (even if you can't give it Warne) our full support for the next 6 weeks and see where we are then.

David Clowes will make his own mind up what he wants to do, based on results and performances - not by Football Forums constantly trying to undermine the manager and now some of the players.

28 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

From the outset: I want Warne to succeed and do not want the merry-go-round of manager to take another trip.

I wasn't at the match on Saturday and listen to some of the commentary on Radio Derby. Eric Steele said that the second half was one of the best and most entertaining he had seen this season. The result was a bit of a disaster for a team (and its fans) hoping to make up some ground on the teams above. I get the fans at the ground were disappointed with the result but the behaviour and reaction at the end of the game was embarrassing (I know I didn't pay my money to go and watch it). The comments on this website were predictable with the anti-Warne posters making full use of this latest setback.

I watched the game on RamsTV this morning expecting to see a terrible performance of the so-called Warne Hoof Ball. With my rose-tinted glasses (some may say - I call it balanced and realistic) I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. The first half wasn't great but neither was it a disaster. At times we passed the ball quite well, along the ground, until it came to the final important pass to create any opportunity. It then became more of a hope than an expectation. Our midfield (Fornah & Smith) struggled to get into the game , with Bird further upfield doing well. There was little backtracking from the players upfield to help the defence, who in fairness, despite a couple of scares coped quite well. Having seen the game I thought there might have been more criticism of the referee (who at the very least needs a visit to SpecSavers) who I thought had an horrendous game, much to Derby's disadvantage.

The second half was much better and we put together some very good moves and occasionally some defence splitting passes. All to no avail as our finishing was extremely poor again. But we should have scored at least a couple (if not 3). They too had the chance to score and missed 3 easy chances, as we pushed forward in search of an equaliser. From what I saw we deserved at least a point from the game. We were not outplayed, in my opinion, as many said on this forum. Having said that we could have lost 3 0r 4 nil as we abandoned defence at the end.

It was a very disappointing result but not a dreadful performance! Hoof-ball it was not - if you disagree I suggest you watch the game again in an objective way.

I understand the clamour for Warne's dismissal but I also think this is a sad situation. Had it not been for McGoldrick's goals last year, we would have been no where near the playoffs. Yet having lost last year's talisman, people expect automatic promotion this year. The Transfer Window during the summer, currently looks disappointing, in that we have not replaced Mc Goldrick. No one on this site knows what happened duding the window, in terms of how much money was available for transfers/wages, who we tried to sign, why they didn't sign for us (insufficient wages, transfer fee not enough etc etc etc. All I would guess is that it wasn't for lack of effort.

Pre-season matches went reasonably, apart form injuries to Barkheizan, Sibley and Elder, with Collins scoring a few from Joe Ward's Crosses which were a feature of these games. Bradley also played well with a colossal performance against Stoke. The defeat to Wigan was disappointing but we played well and but for 2 errors (Bradley & Wildsmith) we would have won against a better that expected Wigan side. Further injuries to Bird, Ward & Wilson added to our woes, followed by Thompson & Rooney.

At this same stage last year we had 20 points, as opposed to the 18 we have today. We lost our 13th match away at Ipswich, but then went an unbeaten run of 15 games. So hardly any difference, despite our home results being very poor.

The performances are not quite as bad as some people are making out. We are attempting to pass the ball and only "hoof" it out when under pressure, unless its a Cashin "world" ball, which hasn't been as good this year.

Things are not as bad as they seem, in my opinion. I, for one, am prepared to see where the next 6 weeks take us. We should virtually have a full squad (apart from Rooney and maybe Thompson) shortly, so there will be no excuses. What the fans cannot do is turn on the players, as they did on Saturday. They appear to lack a bit of confidence at the moment and need our help. If they are unfortunate to read this Forum then there is no hope for them.

I get Millenniumram, DanS1992, G Star Ram, Bald Eagles Barmy Army etc etc etc view that they want Warne sacked Now - but please give it a rest for a bit - we know your vies only too well. Let's all give the team (even if you can't give it Warne) our full support for the next 6 weeks and see where we are then.

David Clowes will make his own mind up what he wants to do, based on results and performances - not by Football Forums constantly trying to undermine the manager and now some of the players.

Jennifer Lopez Applause GIF by NBC World Of Dance Great post mate, I feel exactly the same

31 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

I'm unfortunately now strongly in the Warne out group. 

Its a shame because I was excited with the appointment at the time and everything apart from on the pitch I really like about Warne.

I do agree that we probably aren't doing as bad as some fans would have you believe and before the start of the season after an underwhelming transfer window i had us down to finish between 4-8, so not out of my own expectations either. However, I guess the issue is that the football does seem to have become less entertaining. As i remarked in another post, last season we showed glimpses of what Warneball is about e.g. Bristol R and Morecambe, maybe the league isn't as weak this season but how we're playing at the moment i can't see us dismantling anybody. 

If you was to give Warne the full season and if every fan was bound to support the team and wasn't allowed to boo or slag off the players I imagine we'd finish top 10 maybe top 6. But assuming we'd falter at the play off stage would Clowes then want to go all in on backing Warne for another summer? 

If the answer is no, then I do see sense in not dragging out the sorry affair and making a change now in the hope that whoever we bring in can either get us up or be be trusted with next years rebuild (assuming we stay down).

Personally I think the atmosphere around the club has become too toxic and it would take a lengthy set of good results to start to turn the tide back in Warne's favour. If we continue to meander on with this win one week, draw the next and lose the week after that football i can only see the atmosphere continuing to worsen. 

Ultimately Warne's current demise appears to be down to; General lethargic and negative play, arguably poor transfer windows and Portsmouth and Oxford starting the season like robots thus making the top 2 seem unlikely after just 11 matches. The final point is completely out of Warne's control in his defence.  

Hopefully we get a win tonight and we can springboard off the favourable fixtures. However, a defeat tonight and the pressure will turn up on PW and DC again. 

Does warne inspire confidence that this team is ready to turn things around and beat 90% of the teams in this division.

I'm concerned about the Stevenage game but I'm concerned about he would win against the top 5 teams.

Warne doesn't inspire confidence

48 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Does warne inspire confidence that this team is ready to turn things around and beat 90% of the teams in this division.

I'm concerned about the Stevenage game but I'm concerned about he would win against the top 5 teams.

Warne doesn't inspire confidence

And he won’t unless we put a run together and surge up the table , some think it can happen,others don’t 🤷🏻‍♂️

19 hours ago, The Last Post said:

image.png.0aa62de9e9fb39e9fee394ebe079762c.png...😁

I have driven along that road or very similar from Vegas to the Grand Canyon.  You can see for miles forward and backwards.  I watched as a car was approaching from behind for what appeared to be hours. As he sped passed me, a police car appeared from nowhere.  I swear he must have popped up from underground.  Any way, back on topic.