Derby v Carlisle (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I heard you like polls  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Don’t be deliberately obtuse. I want the manager to accept blame for the horrific performance, which 9 times out of 10 would result in a Derby loss, and focus on improving it. Wilfully ignoring the performance just because we got a fortune 3 points (largely as Carlisle were crap) will lead us nowhere but down.

And who the f*** do you think you’re calling the sky generation?! I left my apartment in London at 7am this morning, won’t get back until midnight, and spent 8 hours and £100 in travel to watch that game today. Im gonna hazard a guess and say you probably didn’t do the same, as you prefer to spend your time on here bullying other forum members. 

Nothing annoys me more than that stereotype about “my generation”. We’ve been through hell and back with this football club, with almost no success in the last 20 years. But because we dare question the s**** performances of the team, we’re the problem? As I said to your other half on here, you keep your head in the sand, the rest of us won’t. This team is going nowhere playing like that, absolutely nowhere.

FWIW, I remember you making similar comments to me when I was critical of Mel Morris’ running of the club a few years back. Think that tells everyone all they need to know about you. 

'The rest of us'?

Sorry wasnt aware you had been appointed to speak on the behalf of the forum.

Can you please pass my sincere apologies when you chair your next meeting 😂

I would like to apologise to what appears to be a good number of my fellow Rams fans on these pages.  I have driven for about 5 hours today, spent £40 on petrol, £25 on a ticket and another £10 odd on sundries like the best pie I’ve had in ages, parking and a programme. The weather was fantastic, the scenery only matched by the Peak District and the ground was a proper old football ground with, from my seat, the wierdest view in football.

Oh, and although it’s hard to gather from these pages, my, our, team won. 2-0 away from home against a team in good form according to their manager, late of this parish, and with some excellent individual performances, an improved overall team performance, in front of a vociferous and supportive away following.

I’ve had a cracking day. Sorry.

1 minute ago, ilkleyram said:

I would like to apologise to what appears to be a good number of my fellow Rams fans on these pages.  I have driven for about 5 hours today, spent £40 on petrol, £25 on a ticket and another £10 odd on sundries like the best pie I’ve had in ages, parking and a programme. The weather was fantastic, the scenery only matched by the Peak District and the ground was a proper old football ground with, from my seat, the wierdest view in football.

Oh, and although it’s hard to gather from these pages, my, our, team won. 2-0 away from home against a team in good form according to their manager, late of this parish, and with some excellent individual performances, an improved overall team performance, in front of a vociferous and supportive away following.

I’ve had a cracking day. Sorry.

You missed out some key information, what filling was the pie?! 

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

'The rest of us'?

Sorry wasnt aware you had been appointed to speak on the behalf of the forum.

Can you please pass my sincere apologies when you chair your next meeting 😂

That’s what you take from that post. You really are something, aren’t you? I’d say what that something is, but you’re not worth the warning point.

3 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Really pleased for Collins. 
Impressed with Nelson, Forsyth, Nyambe. 
Enjoy watching Fornah. 
Glad to see Barkhuizen get more minutes. 

Was happy with the first 15-20 minutes. Wasn’t perfect but we were taking it to them and playing it in their half. 

From 30 minutes onwards though we were clinging on to dear life. Woodwork hit twice. Again we looked like the underdog against a team with a budget that’s a fraction of ours. The players in the starting XI should be good enough to put in a convincing performance against this Carlisle side so I’m not letting him off with ‘injuries’. 

We had 2 shots on target and scored twice. You cannot rely on that level of efficiency all season. 

Steele hit the nail on the head. A team with the quality like Oxford have would have utilised all the possession Carlisle had much better and we may have lost. 

You are entitled to your opinion but don’t start giving factual information you cannot possibly know is correct! What is Carlisle budget and expenditure and what is ours?

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That’s what you take from that post. You really are something, aren’t you? I’d say what that something is, but you’re not worth the warning point.

No I actually take it that you are wasting your Saturdays, and a lot of money, doing something that has made you extremely miserable for the whole time you have been on this forum.

Find yourself a new hobby.

And I'm not precious by the way, if you want to get the 'something' off your chest, you can dm me, I don't take offence. 

15 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

………exactly……..

I apologise to Collins, I didn’t really mean that as a slight on him. I actually think he’s harshly treated, and he was MOM for us by some margin today. Worked really hard with the absolute scraps he was given, and thoroughly deserved the two goals he got.

It’s more the fact Barkhuizen didn’t start that irked me. We looked so much better when he came on again, pity he only had 10 mins compared to the 80 mins of utter turd that Mendez-Laing churned out.

55 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Don’t be deliberately obtuse. I want the manager to accept blame for the horrific performance, which 9 times out of 10 would result in a Derby loss, and focus on improving it. Wilfully ignoring the performance just because we got a fortune 3 points (largely as Carlisle were crap) will lead us nowhere but down.

And who the f*** do you think you’re calling the sky generation?! I left my apartment in London at 7am this morning, won’t get back until midnight, and spent 8 hours and £100 in travel to watch that game today. Im gonna hazard a guess and say you probably didn’t do the same, as you prefer to spend your time on here bullying other forum members. 

Nothing annoys me more than that stereotype about “my generation”. We’ve been through hell and back with this football club, with almost no success in the last 20 years. But because we dare question the s**** performances of the team, we’re the problem? As I said to your other half on here, you keep your head in the sand, the rest of us won’t. This team is going nowhere playing like that, absolutely nowhere.

FWIW, I remember you making similar comments to me when I was critical of Mel Morris’ running of the club a few years back. Think that tells everyone all they need to know about you. 

Come on. That's so over the top that nothing else you say can be taken seriously.