Derby v Portsmouth Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

28 minutes ago, Tombo said:

What do you mean "only" 3 points off the playoffs? At this end of the table, 3 points is a huge gap.

Not to mention that the team in 6th were not a few hours ago putting in an absolute stinker at Pride Park and could have easily walked away with a win if they could just about be bothered

We are 11th. Which means there are 4 teams better placed to take that 6th spot, should one of those playoff teams slip up and drop points.

And that's the task ahead of us to just get to 6th, the very last playoff spot. We are 6 points off the top two. Promotion this year is another dimension away. We are so far away from success, if we even dream about promotion we better wake up and apologise to the 10 teams above us in the league

Wake up. We are dead in the water. It's not wrist slashing to face the facts.

Bet you make a great motivational speaker 

Very unconvincing. Assumed having break and time to regroup on training field would have been noticeable. Not sure much point starting NML straight after international duty. Nothing seemed to work for Washington either inc legs! Embleton looked like he wouldnt commit to anything if he would risk injury - unimpressed - very half-hearted performance. Better after subs at end. Very flat though and still travelling home

11 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

We looked at our best when we had four at the back and tried to pass to someone in the same coloured shirt.

I'm all for reminiscences but could you keep on-thread please? We're talking about Derby-Portsmouth today! 😜

Most damning indictment of the whole thing was Dom Dietrich interviewing James Collins afterwards, he asked what directive Warne had given him before going on: “be busy, put yourself about and if a chance comes, take it” (probably a slight paraphrase there). If run around and try and score a goal is the extent of the tactical guidance they’re being given, what hope have we got.

Feel almost depressed after watching that, energy draining and flat watching that football is like watching something slowly die. Absolutely pathetic excuse of a football bought about by Warne,Waghorn, Forsyth and Sibley were decent but most players were bang average.  Thought Cashin was dog s*** on the ball and Washington is very average,  makes Sammon and Mason Bennet look class. Smith was poor as well. If we don't win the next few I want him gone.

12 minutes ago, cstand said:

Predicted a 2 nil defeat against a very good Pompey side so happy with a point after our performance. 
Thought Pompey fans were awful spent more time goading Derby fans than supporting their team. 

I guess you couldn't hear the "Play up Pompey, Pompey play up" then?  Sounded like a home game for them.

17 minutes ago, cstand said:

Predicted a 2 nil defeat against a very good Pompey side so happy with a point after our performance. 
Thought Pompey fans were awful spent more time goading Derby fans than supporting their team. 

What ?!?! One of the best sets of fans I’ve ever heard !!!

Even when we scored they didn’t shut up !!

3 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

Credit to Warne. We Have come out much better second half and subs have made a huge difference. Got away with it a the back a bit but that’s life, against a good team too. Just need to hold on now. 

That's the way to go? (Yes I know the result but still)?

35 minutes ago, Tombo said:

What do you mean "only" 3 points off the playoffs? At this end of the table, 3 points is a huge gap.

Not to mention that the team in 6th were not a few hours ago putting in an absolute stinker at Pride Park and could have easily walked away with a win if they could just about be bothered

We are 11th. Which means there are 4 teams better placed to take that 6th spot, should one of those playoff teams slip up and drop points.

And that's the task ahead of us to just get to 6th, the very last playoff spot. We are 6 points off the top two. Promotion this year is another dimension away. We are so far away from success, if we even dream about promotion we better wake up and apologise to the 10 teams above us in the league

Wake up. We are dead in the water. It's not wrist slashing to face the facts.

1) Last time I checked 3 points is just one win so, whilst any gap isn’t good, 3 points isn’t a huge gap.

2) “The team in 6th……..could have easily have walked away with a win if they could just about be bothered”. Are you suggested Portsmouth were not trying to win?

3) “The team in 6th…..could easily have have walked away with a win….” And they could easily have walked away with a defeat (albeit undeserved).

4) “Promotion this year is another dimension away” what does that even mean?

5) “We are dead in the water”. Seriously? We need to improve and improve pretty soon but to throw the towel in this early is crazy.

6) “We are 11th”. Well I can’t disagree with you there😀

I’m as disappointed as most and can’t really see any signs of improvement on the horizon at the moment but I do think you are being excessively negative. If we’re still 9th or below and/or more than 3 points adrift in say 4 or 5 games time then I’ll probably join your club of pessimists but until then, I’ll continue to hope improvements will come pretty damn soon.

3 minutes ago, Justa said:

I can’t even be bothered to make a comment on todays game - other than that it has not made be more positive about our chances of success under Warne.

Listening to his after match speech it’s no wonder the performance was shall we say flat ?

Shame on Warne for daring to sound bit down immediately after dropping points due to conceding in injury time.