Bobby Clark

Jubbs

11 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

Im in two minds about it. Them players were incredible but it really did paper over the cracks. As soon as mount was injured we couldnt score. I dont like getting attached to loan players either 🤣

It’s a difficult one , im kinda with you but in todays game having loans is almost essential for non prem clubs to be able to compete at the top level of they’re division without constant risk of bankrupting the club 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Archied said:

It’s a difficult one , im kinda with you but in todays game having loans is almost essential for non prem clubs to be able to compete at the top level of they’re division without constant risk of bankrupting the club 🤷🏻‍♂️

depending on the quality of the loan player could be a tool to get out the league. i dunno i just rather have permanent players as it means we can get money for em at the end instead of driving up the price for someone elses player. 

9 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

depending on the quality of the loan player could be a tool to get out the league. i dunno i just rather have permanent players as it means we can get money for em at the end instead of driving up the price for someone elses player. 

Although sometimes they fall in love with the club and decide to stick around... and then spend most of the next 3 years on the treatment table 😢

As has been said elsewhere, we can only get money for them if they have resale value (including the issue of age), and 2-year contracts don't lend themselves to guaranteeing an income before the contract runs out.

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Never heard of the lad until yesterday, but I hope this happens.

Looks a good player.

I was hoping for 2 or 3 through the door and at least 1 big signing, but I'd be happy with this lad.

I’d agree but I’m really not convinced PW would play him. 
He likes tough characters who will run and graft all day and only really gave Rooney his chance when circumstances made it pretty unavoidable.

I can see him using the phrase ‘bless him’ whenever it’s suggested he gets a start.

43 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

Anya

Blackman

Butterfield

etc

etc

etc

41 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Never heard of the lad until yesterday

Neither had we until he made his Liverpool debut against us in the cup last year.

So that's how Warne knows of him by the way. Don't want you going away thinking we'd done any scouting or legwork with our recruitment team finding a player who fits what we want.

He played well against us last year in one game so we want him

Incidentally, this is not any sort of comment on Bobby Clark as a player or his quality. He is highly rated by Liverpool and I would be excited to see how he gets on here. Would be a positive signing

5 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Neither had we until he made his Liverpool debut against us in the cup last year.

So that's how Warne knows of him by the way. Don't want you going away thinking we'd done any scouting or legwork with our recruitment team finding a player who fits what we want.

Incidentally, this is not any sort of comment on Bobby Clark as a player or his quality. He is highly rated by Liverpool and I would be excited to see how he gets on here. Would be a positive signing

Do we have to use every available thread to slag off Warne, good grief.

Those saying that they don’t like loan players are not keeping up with modern life.

We don’t own anything anymore.

We buy cars on monthly credit, we buy houses, owned by the bank, on ridiculously long mortgages. We don’t buy CD’s and DVD’s anymore because we pay monthly to streaming services  such as Spotify and Netflix.

Apart from the clothes on our back, for many in the U.K., we own surprisingly little and, even then, some of it is on the credit card.

It’s the same with players at lower league levels; if you can’t afford top talent, you HAVE to rent them.

I recommend, therefore, a new mindset for loan naysayers.

Relax, enjoy and support the team on a Season-By-Season basis, I.E., if Clark signs, fully support him because he IS a Derby player for this season and NOT a Liverpool player (Unless he’s recalled in Jan 😞)

I follow NFL and they have such a stupid turnaround of talent every season, through trades etc, fans have adopted a saying: ‘Don’t get addicted to the talent’

In other words, accept a player is playing for you THAT season, marvel at their skills but DON’T fall in love with them, because they may be off elsewhere next season.

So, if Clark signs, or whoever we may loan, and they turn out to be the next messiah, be thankful that we had a season to enjoy them and wish them all the best at the end 😎

8 minutes ago, Tombo said:

At least Warne knows that Clark might be a player we could attract.

Seem to remember thread after thread being taken up with suggestion of Borges from man city on loan as he destroyed us in one u23 game that a few fans saw. Got  to get him on loan. Must sign on loan........ ended up going to Ajax for 20mill. Lol.

Seems Warne might not be the only one who rates a player after 1 match against us.

Would we see him as an impact sub?

I’m assuming Fornah is a starter, Hourihane the Undroppable Sex Machine (as PW sees him) will always start and we have Bird to come back as well as Thompson.

If Vaulks comes it complicates the situation even further.

Similarly up front I can see a fit J-J pressing for a starting berth, ousting maybe Wash.

I’m struggling to see how we’ll keep Ward and Wilson involved as neither is suited to a 4-3-3.

13 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

If Liverpool want him to start playing man's football week in, week out, at a big club with good facilities, in front of big crowds, we'd be a perfect destination.

Agree with this. He looks a very good prospect. However, I am sure Liverpool will want some guarantee of game time if this move is to be a runner.

13 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

Those saying that they don’t like loan players are not keeping up with modern life.

We don’t own anything anymore.

We buy cars on monthly credit, we buy houses, owned by the bank, on ridiculously long mortgages. We don’t buy CD’s and DVD’s anymore because we pay monthly to streaming services  such as Spotify and Netflix.

Apart from the clothes on our back, for many in the U.K., we own surprisingly little and, even then, some of it is on the credit card.

It’s the same with players at lower league levels; if you can’t afford top talent, you HAVE to rent them.

I recommend, therefore, a new mindset for loan naysayers.

Relax, enjoy and support the team on a Season-By-Season basis, I.E., if Clark signs, fully support him because he IS a Derby player for this season and NOT a Liverpool player (Unless he’s recalled in Jan 😞)

I follow NFL and they have such a stupid turnaround of talent every season, through trades etc, fans have adopted a saying: ‘Don’t get addicted to the talent’

In other words, accept a player is playing for you THAT season, marvel at their skills but DON’T fall in love with them, because they may be off elsewhere next season.

So, if Clark signs, or whoever we may loan, and they turn out to be the next messiah, be thankful that we had a season to enjoy them and wish them all the best at the end 😎

And it's not like loan players make up a large or integral part of our team.

If this one comes off, we'll have two loan players - one being TJJ, who I suspect will be made permanent in January.

1 hour ago, CodnorRam said:

Stoke got promoted to the Prem almost entirely through loan players…