Match Thread: vs Bolton (A)

Rampant

21 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Did it work like that then or are you putting your own spin on his decision process? Maybe it was a case of "in my firm opinion it hit his arm"

If certain decisions can only be made if you have 100% certainty that you are right and can't later, with the benefit of video replays, be proved to have got it wrong then I think we'd see a significant reduction in the number of sending offs, penalties and fouls given in important areas.

OK, you’re right Tamworth Ram. Discussion can end there. 

40 minutes ago, sage said:

It hit his chest, Nowhere near his arm. The ref had to be guessing. You don't give red cards on probabilities. 

Interesting that PW didn't criticise or even question the sending off in his post match interview. If it was as clear cut as you suggest then I'd expect him to be apoplectic or, at least, voice his frustration quite strongly.

I know managers need to be a bit careful about they say but most, Warne included, wouldn't have been shy about saying something if they thought it was wrong. He must have spoken to Wildsmith and I'm surprised he didn't say JW was adement it didn't hit his arm.

Still, we can't change it so, time to move on.

16 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Interesting that PW didn't criticise or even question the sending off in his post match interview. If it was as clear cut as you suggest then I'd expect him to be apoplectic or, at least, voice his frustration quite strongly.

I know managers need to be a bit careful about they say but most, Warne included, wouldn't have been shy about saying something if they thought it was wrong. He must have spoken to Wildsmith and I'm surprised he didn't say JW was adement it didn't hit his arm.

Still, we can't change it so, time to move on.

Looking again, I think he has sent him off for the tackle before the alleged handball.

You can see the ref signalling with his hand to play on before the shot. 

That looks like a very harsh decision.

4 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Doesn't look like handball to me, but without VAR and depending on the Refs angle you could see why he got sent off.  

Just one of those days that everything that could go wrong, did go wrong 🫤

But the ref only sent him off after speaking to the lino

1 minute ago, angieram said:

That arm is not in a natural position and deflects the ball away from the goal. 

I don't believe it strikes the arm at all, it strikes his body. Even if it did, then it's deflected off his body so it's not a foul so it's not a red card.

14 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

I still refuse to buy the idea that Rosenior’s squad was just some random bunch of players chucked together with no real thought.  Obviously it was put together under unusual circumstances etc, but it was absolutely a squad that was built with 433/4231 possession-based football in mind.

Hull beat Leicester away yesterday and are now in the championship play offs, playing good to watch, possesion based football. Yet Rosenior after putting in all the hard work of assembling a squad that can play that way, is deemed not good enough for us to get out of league 1

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Just watched the X clip of the Wildsmith incident and it doesn’t look like handball. Unfortunate but it’s easy to see why the officials thought it was.

A little bit of advice...they're there to get it right not wrong.

19 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Really? What answer could Clowes give that would satisfy fans without alienating Warne and the players?  

He throws the team/management under the bus by agreeing that the football isn’t good enough or he doesn’t answer the question which would get the fans’ backs up. 

Or he gives the answer that he gave to me at Alfreton, that it’s a long term project.

6 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Or he gives the answer that he gave to me at Alfreton, that it’s a long term project.

I think we could all get on board with a long term project but you’d hope to be seeing movements in the right direction. I dunno how anyone can look at what we’ve delivered this season and say it’s improved from what he walked into last season. 

Put it this way, we looked more solid last season with a back 4 of Smith, Foz, Cash and Sibley than we do this season. We don’t look any more energetic than last season or any more dangerous going forwards than last year either. For balance we do look better at set pieces than last season but is that enough of an upward trajectory to satisfy the long term vision? 

Edited by IlsonDerby