The Paul Warne Poll

Day

The Paul Warne Poll  

612 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

There’s a plan, but it is obviously more challenging to execute than we would have hoped it to be.

Sacking Warne now would fly in the face of everything Clowes seems to stand for and the way he seems to operate.

Sacking Warne would create more questions than answers and personally I’d be left thinking: what is the plan?

The plan is a high tempo passing game getting us promoted and he keeps signing old slow players.

My plan to trim my beard with a blowtorch seems sensible in comparison. 

8 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

People keep saying we're only 4 games in, while conveniently forgetting last season's collapse.

We're also 5 games in. Does getting spanked by Blackpool reserves not count for some reason?

I think calling it a collapse is hyperbolic. Our form was very inconsistent at the back end of last season but it was more like we ran out of steam. 

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

There seems to be a lot of Rosenior comments creeping in. Why? This subject/poll is nothing to do with Rosenior. It’s about the job Warne is doing. Can we stop muddying the water and focus on Warne’s performance over the last 11 months.

Isn't that what we're doing by voting?

Giving a little insight into the reasons for said vote is not really an issue is it?

14 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

People keep saying we're only 4 games in, while conveniently forgetting last season's collapse.

We're also 5 games in. Does getting spanked by Blackpool reserves not count for some reason?

Last seasons collapse was one (of many), poor refereeing decisons away from making the play offs.

28 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Over half the forum fanbase are currently of the view that Warne is underperforming, and has 4 months or less to raise his game. We are a more tolerant group than I imagined.

And David Clowes might be of the view that we are a bigger load of intolerant, entitled and impatient  t***s than he'd imagined.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

Just now, Brailsford Ram said:

And David Clowes might be of the view that we are a bigger load of intolerant t***s than he'd imagined.

Quite possibly. He can vote if he wants. Can’t see it will change though the current position that 50%+ are unhappy with his progress to date.

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Well, please give me a little insight into why it is an issue.

The question is quite clear. Where do you stand with Paul Warne? 5 options available.

The question is not how is he doing compared to how Rosenior was doing, or how is he doing compared with how Rosenior might be doing. Let’s not get sidetracked.

WHERE DO YOU STAND WITH PAUL WARNE.

I hope my little insight is of help 😉😂

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Quite possibly. He can vote if he wants. Can’t see it will change though the current position that 50%+ are unhappy with his progress to date.

There is only one vote that matters and that's David Clowes'. Why bother wasting it on here when whatever he decides he will win with a 100% majority in the boardroom?

Just now, Brailsford Ram said:

There is only one vote that matters and that's David Clowes'. Why bother wasting it on here when whatever he decides he will win with a 100% majority in the boardroom?

I agree. Over the last 9 years I have often thought why bother posting/voting on here as it won’t make a jot of difference. I could have used my time better volunteering for The Samaritans.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

That’s your interpretation of the poll. What it shows is that 24% are unhappy with Warne, as they’ve either chosen that they want him gone (6.74%) or that they’re close to wanting him gone (17.98%).

Two of the other three responses don’t have a determined positive or negative view attached to them, just that people believe Christmas or the season’s end an appropriate time to review where things are. You’ve attributed a perspective to those numbers that isn’t necessarily true of all people who’ve voted.

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

That’s your interpretation of the poll. What it shows is that 24% are unhappy with Warne, as they’ve either chosen that they want him gone (6.74%) or that they’re close to wanting him gone (17.98%).

Two of the other three responses don’t have a determined positive or negative view attached to them, just that people believe Christmas or the season’s end an appropriate time to review where things are. You’ve attributed a perspective to those numbers that isn’t necessarily true of all people who’ve voted.

You do like sitting on a fence don’t you.

Blue Mountains Sunset GIF by Sam Amidon

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

That's an optimistic view. Reviewing the manager as Xmas is negative, just not as negative as others.

1 minute ago, trappatoni said:

The guy that gave Rosenior until October (?) might think we are intolerant ? 

I'd be really interested to know Clowe's thought process when getting rid of Rosenior and bringing Warne in.

Was he always looking for an alternative? Or was he giving Rosenior the benefit of the doubt and something made his mind up to get rid? I think the answer will determine the likelihood of whether or not he'll pull the trigger soon.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

You do like sitting on a fence don’t you.

Blue Mountains Sunset GIF by Sam Amidon

I do when it suits me. 
Not sure my earlier response to you counts as fence sitting. You’ve clearly set your stall out in opposition to Warne, and are therefore assuming that other responses match your own view. I’m merely pointing out that there’s an assumption in your reasoning that you can’t determine. 
The timeline I opted for as to when it may be appropriate to review his position doesn’t determine whether I’m happy with the current performances. 

10 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

The question is quite clear. Where do you stand with Paul Warne? 5 options available.

The question is not how is he doing compared to how Rosenior was doing, or how is he doing compared with how Rosenior might be doing. Let’s not get sidetracked.

WHERE DO YOU STAND WITH PAUL WARNE.

I hope my little insight is of help 😉😂

I said in my post what i voted for. You dont have to read the comments, you could just make yourself comfortable and watch the poll votes trickle in with a box of popcorn and a glass of port. 👍🏿

5 minutes ago, sage said:

That's an optimistic view. Reviewing the manager as Xmas is negative, just not as negative as others.

Is it negative if the performances have improved at that point? It’s pessimistic to say that’s the case. 
All I see those polls as evidencing is the tolerance levels of people’s patience. Some aren’t willing to wait and see, as is their right down to some well explained points of view (and some less so). Others are more willing to wait. Two of the five responses don’t show whether someone is in favour of Warne or not, just how much they’re willing to wait to fully decide that or to tolerate it at least.