The Paul Warne Poll

Day

The Paul Warne Poll  

612 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

exactly, a manager has to earn more time. They have to show progress and have a clear plan of how we should be playing, whilst of course still picking up some results. You can't just keep saying give him more time because eventually it will come good. Right now it just feels like we're playing without any identity or tactics. 

Earning more time is a good way to put it, I really like that.

Edited by oodledoodle

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

so you prefer this now where we sit back and struggle to control games? 

your ok with desperatley holding on to a 1-0 lead whilst being outplayed at home by Fleetwood town?

Prefer ???? I don’t give a stuff whether it’s so called warneball or so called roseniorball not being executed to a good enough standard to win games and excite/ entertain / satisfy the fans in the ground , it’s hilarious how you skip over some pretty dire turgid performances under rosenior against poor opposition too , don’t forget liam was very much a part of previous derby management teams that were turning out some pretty disjointed turgid toothless displays of the same style,

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who signed Didzy - we know Warne wouldn't have.

Let me swing this one by you Roy. Last season , when we were on our “Invincables” run , every thing went on the floor to McGoldrick. ( Fairly slow build up).Now he has gone , when we play the top 6 , would it have occurred to Warne to play counter-attack football sitting in a low block?

15 minutes ago, Archied said:

Prefer ???? I don’t give a stuff whether it’s so called warneball or so called roseniorball not being executed to a good enough standard to win games and excite/ entertain / satisfy the fans in the ground , it’s hilarious how you skip over some pretty dire turgid performances under rosenior against poor opposition too , don’t forget liam was very much a part of previous derby management teams that were turning out some pretty disjointed turgid toothless displays of the same style,

liam was also a huge part of the season we fought against the odds and almost overcame a -21 point deduction. He was then only in charge of Derby solely for 12 matches with a points per match of basically 2, which in most seasons is generally automatic promotion standard. Yes his tactics started with slow build up, possesion based football, but the reason for that was so we could control games. At least he had some form of tactics and we could see what he was trying to do. We as a club are now being overtaken in footballing terms by many of the teams in league one which to me is quite sad. 

4 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

I'm about to throw a massive spanner into the works of this whole thread...

There are more managers out there than just Warne and Rosenior.

On paper, replacing Rosenior with Warne was a good move. I personally couldn't believe we'd landed someone with such a good record at this level.

But this thread shouldn't be about what's happened in the past, it should be forward looking. Is Warne the man to take us forward? I loved Rosenior, but he doesn't have any relevance in us moving forwards now.

He kind of does though, as it shows us the type of manager we need to move forwards

57 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

liam was also a huge part of the season we fought against the odds and almost overcame a -21 point deduction. He was then only in charge of Derby solely for 12 matches with a points per match of basically 2, which in most seasons is generally automatic promotion standard. Yes his tactics started with slow build up, possesion based football, but the reason for that was so we could control games. At least he had some form of tactics and we could see what he was trying to do. We as a club are now being overtaken in footballing terms by many of the teams in league one which to me is quite sad. 

The bit your not getting is the we bit , no offence but you see the we as everybody or even the majority, I didn’t see Liam in the same way as you and at the time most people I spoke to felt similar,

I felt totally frustrated watching us break to the halfway line then turn back , had kittens watching us faff around and lose it constantly in dangerous positions leaving us wide open and can honestly tell you my early thoughts were thank Christ the standard of finishing in league one was so poor or else we would be getting battered every week , either liam was poor at coaching the players to do what he wanted or they wernt up to it , I see plenty saying warne is trying to get players to play a system/ style they aren’t suited to ,

as someone has already stated there really is no point in all this liam v warne stuff , warne either gets the results in a results driven business or he s out 

2 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

but surely to be manager of our club you should have to earn that?

I don't really understand what you're getting at.

The day he was appointed, although I knew very little about him, he had my support. Same with any player. As soon as they pull on a Derby shirt they have my support even if I've never heard of them before. Are you saying that's not the case for you? If DC had appointed a manager you'd never heard of (unlikely but possible if he wasn't a household name in England) wouldn't you support him? Sad if true. 

Edited by Tamworthram

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Let me swing this one by you Roy. Last season , when we were on our “Invincibles” run , every thing went on the floor to McGoldrick. ( Fairly slow build up).Now he has gone , when we play the top 6 , would it have occurred to Warne to play counter-attack football sitting in a low block?

Don't quite get your point.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

The bit your not getting is the we bit , no offence but you see the we as everybody or even the majority, I didn’t see Liam in the same way as you and at the time most people I spoke to felt similar,

I felt totally frustrated watching us break to the halfway line then turn back , had kittens watching us faff around and lose it constantly in dangerous positions leaving us wide open and can honestly tell you my early thoughts were thank Christ the standard of finishing in league one was so poor or else we would be getting battered every week , either liam was poor at coaching the players to do what he wanted or they wernt up to it , I see plenty saying warne is trying to get players to play a system/ style they aren’t suited to ,

as someone has already stated there really is no point in all this liam v warne stuff , warne either gets the results in a results driven business or he s out 

This is all part of the learning process Archied yes it was frustrating but when you’re introducing a possession based football tactic keeping the ball and going back wards is part of the initial keep ball process …there’s no point in saying there’s not a ball on so just go long into the channels as that is opposite to what a coach is trying to implement but yes I agree in its infancy and when players don’t move and support it’s frustrating going backwards to keep it ..but that’s just part of the learning curve if allowed to carry on it would’ve got better and players would’ve been more comfortable in tight areas …if not then the players would’ve been moved on to ones that can do it ….but I’m not arguing your point but just re iterating that it doesn’t happen overnight mate 

2 hours ago, Archied said:

1 - The bit your not getting is the we bit , no offence but you see the we as everybody or even the majority, I didn’t see Liam in the same way as you and at the time most people I spoke to felt similar,

2 - I felt totally frustrated watching us break to the halfway line then turn back , had kittens watching us faff around and lose it constantly in dangerous positions leaving us wide open and can honestly tell you my early thoughts were thank Christ the standard of finishing in league one was so poor or else we would be getting battered every week , either liam was poor at coaching the players to do what he wanted or they wernt up to it , I see plenty saying warne is trying to get players to play a system/ style they aren’t suited to ,

3 - as someone has already stated there really is no point in all this liam v warne stuff , warne either gets the results in a results driven business or he s out 

ok well we'll just have to agree to disagree on then😅

1 - i mean the 'we' as in all of those who were happy for liam to stay

2 - at least we made it to the halfway line then😅. Watching us lose it constantly in dangerous positions is exactly whats happening now, is it not? Judging on what he's now doing at Hull we can assume he's not a poor coach. In mine and several others opinion he coached more into the players during his 12 games in charge than warne has in 12 months. I agree with you some of the players don't suit warne's 'football'.

3 - yes he like all managers need the results, but when the results aren't there and the football is so poor, what does he have to fall back on? it doesn't have to be liam, i was just trying to highlight what a different manager could potentially do. Liam being our most recent, i thought it easiest to compare to him. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't really understand what you're getting at.

The day he was appointed, although I knew very little about him, he had my support. Same with any player. As soon as they pull on a Derby shirt they have my support even if I've never heard of them before. Are you saying that's not the case for you? If DC had appointed a manager you'd never heard of (unlikely but possible if he wasn't a household name in England) wouldn't you support him? Sad if true. 

of course i would support them, but after a certain amount of time with things gradually getting worse and worse, i obviously want whats best for the club. 

6 hours ago, Archied said:

Wow , you live in a different footballing world to me , i have next to no interest in possession stats , shots stats , xg numbers , iv no interest in dissecting games this way afterwards , I want to turn up at games and judge for myself in terms of how the game made me feel whilst watching it , I don’t buy a season ticket , drive 3 hours each way to then trawl the media for stats and numbers , I know when I like what I see and enjoy a match and I know when I reckon we were rubbish, 

It’s not just me then😂

38 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

of course i would support them, but after a certain amount of time with things gradually getting worse and worse, i obviously want whats best for the club. 

I would hope we all want what’s best for the club.

The jury is still as to whether he will be the success we all want but, he is our manager (like it or not) and he has my support. I confess I may feel differently if we’re towards the wrong end of the table come Christmas but we’re nowhere near me withdrawing my support.