The Paul Warne Poll

Day

The Paul Warne Poll  

612 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Archied said:

What I’ve seen is periods where we have got better then worse , then better then worse , it’s a long season and these teams that are being touted as the holy grail of football , eg Bolton ect will hit they’re poor runs and they’re fans will be saying they are predictable, have no plan b , have a soft underbelly ect ect ect ,

warne is nowhere near producing on the pitch the type of football he says he wants at the moment and if he doesn’t he will be gone and rightly so , where is the front foot pressing is my biggest bug bear , we saw it at times under warne last season and I loved it , we just gave teams no space to breath in some games and we’re all over them , that’s not happening just now and warne needs to figure out why it’s not happening 

Would you not agree 51 games is a long time? We won 12 of his first 20 games against L1 opposition, but only 7 of his last 20 games. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

We had times last season where we ran a lot, pressed, and made it difficult for the opposition. If you enjoy that, that's your opinion, but I didn't. We never played good football. I'd rather be like Bolton and play good football and just accept we might be out of form sometimes. I'm not sure what you mean by "the type of football he [Warne] says he wants", but if its what Rotherham were playing like all those years, I don't want it. 

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Change the tactics and this summers' signings will look better than they currently do. We'll also get more out of the existing players too.

I agree, but it was Warnes decision to completely change formation this season. He knew in doing that we'd need to sign more players than if he'd just kept the current formation, and he hasn't managed to get all the players he wants. It was well known that there was a lack of strikers on the market, yet Warne insists on playing a system with 2 strikers. 

1 hour ago, HorsforthRam said:

City play like they do because most teams park the bus against them. They have to move the ball side to side, forwards and backwards to try and find the gaps. Might seem boring but anytime they play a team going toe to toe, they pick them apart beautifully. 

Vulcan Ram was saying the types of questions he’d wish Ed Dawes asked of Warne…. After Saturday, I’d just wish he’d asked a very open question… why do we struggle to put more than three passes together?

Teams park the bus against them because they can’t compete with the quality of players they have and an extremely good manager , that’s why there has to be all different types of teams and pretty much has to have been for many many years , even teams have done the same against us ,it’s kind of like why a usyk doesn’t go in the ring and have a toe to toe slugfest with a wilder🤷🏻‍♂️,

mere mortal clubs have weak link players who aren’t great on the ball as well as being good in they’re positions and that’s where it falls down , also pep has the knack of and respect from these best of the best technical players to be Uber fit and have a phenomenal work rate on and off the ball so is he half a PE teacher ?

8 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I agree, but it was Warnes decision to completely change formation this season. He knew in doing that we'd need to sign more players than if he'd just kept the current formation, and he hasn't managed to get all the players he wants. It was well known that there was a lack of strikers on the market, yet Warne insists on playing a system with 2 strikers. 

JCH was going for 800k.

29 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

We had times last season where we ran a lot, pressed, and made it difficult for the opposition. If you enjoy that, that's your opinion, but I didn't. We never played good football. I'd rather be like Bolton and play good football and just accept we might be out of form sometimes. I'm not sure what you mean by "the type of football he [Warne] says he wants", but if its what Rotherham were playing like all those years, I don't want it. 

10 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Fine, lets say Elder is better than Roberts. My original point was the transfers were overall better last summer than they were this summer. Wouldn't you agree?

Rosenior did a great job on recruiting in a short period of time.  I’m not willing to write of any new players at all yet as it’s early days.  When the injuries clear then we can assess the team and Warne better.  The new players are still integrating etc . 
David Clowes made a decision on Rosenior and appointed Warne on a 4 year contract.  No amount of criticism will change things at the moment as we couldn’t afford as a club to change the manager and all the new staff. 

Just now, Rammy03 said:

My god, is that the level we're at? Where people are using games against Accrington effing Stanley to argue that we played good football? The team relegated to league two, with an average crowd of under 3,000 and a budget lower than my weekly shop at Lidl? Found our level then haven't we.

1 minute ago, oodledoodle said:

My god, is that the level we're at? Where people are using games against Accrington effing Stanley to argue that we played good football? The team relegated to league two, with an average crowd of under 3,000 and a budget lower than my weekly shop at Lidl? Found our level then haven't we.

See this is what I knew would happen. You are moving the goalposts. The original poster said we never played good football last season. That is false. Doesn't matter who it's against. We are in League one now. We have to beat what's in front of us.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

See this is what I knew would happen. You are moving the goalposts. The original poster said we never played good football last season. That is false. Doesn't matter who it's against. We are in League one now. We have to beat what's in front of us.

Maybe if we moved the goalposts more often we'd score more goals.

17 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Would you not agree 51 games is a long time? We won 12 of his first 20 games against L1 opposition, but only 7 of his last 20 games. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

And there’s the rub , we both enjoy different approaches to the game ,

I always had in mind that last season was not the benchmark for me though there were games under warne I really enjoyed , for me we are 6 games and 1 window ( I don’t count last Jan) into figuring whether warne can bring success and a style I’m happy to drive the 6 hour round trip to watch,

im certainly never a happy clapper and will call for a managers head if I feel strongly that that’s what’s needed , im not there yet ,, some are and some were before he even got his feet under the table ,

I love the emotion of football , the rollercoaster emotions of being in the ground watching derby live and as such go more with my gut , I have zero interest in possession stats , xg states , ppdf , rgk, mmpd ect ect ect , it’s just so bloody sterile and too much of life is heading down that road these days , nope I’m just gonna turn up at games , sing , shout , jump about a bit stick my head in my hands at times and just be the same old derby fanatic I ever was 🤷🏻‍♂️, sorry if that doesn’t fit with those who want to tell me what I should be looking for or how I should enjoy my football to be or look like but it ain’t changing any time soon folks

5 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

26 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Fine, lets say Elder is better than Roberts. My original point was the transfers were overall better last summer than they were this summer. Wouldn't you agree?

Ok at this point last season would you say Mc goldrick was a better transfer than waghorn ? at this point spearman v Nelson ? Do I have to go on ? Or do you accept we need to give these players the same time each ie a season to judge rather than the first 6 games ?