Match Thread: (A) Peterborough United

Rampant

38 minutes ago, lagavulinram said:

I think we were lucky. Roony got done too many times.

Wags did good. 

We didn’t get lucky. Thoroughly deserved win. Yes Rooney had his hands full and got done a few times but getting past the defender is only half the job. Incidentally, I thought Rooney, like pretty much the whole team, had a good game. Thompson was MOTM for me which is saying something considering Waggy got a hat trick.

55 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Indeed.

On another day our commitment to leaving the defence unprotected and the result at the whim of us simply being more clinical than the other team causes a reverse of today's scoreline.

At the end of this day though, it's a fantastic win, but it doesn't automatically prove people's concerns unfounded or register those who've had/got issues with Warne 'idiots' or any such term.  

All anyone wants is to see the manager learn from past mistakes and show us the reasons he's been successful in the past.

If Warne addresses something that's been called out as a problem and fixes it, brilliant, everyone's happy.

...except not everyone is afforded the opportunity to be happy, because there's always some dick trying to rub any positive result we do have in the face of other people who've had doubts, as if suddenly everything is fixed and everything negative they've said is wrong.

It always escapes their attention that Warne needing to make changes in order to get positive results proves that those who've expressed concerns were actually, probably, right to do so. Warne gets credit, the 'complainers' get treated like second class supporters.

f*** that.

One game can only do so much, but it's a positive sign that we will possibly end up on the right side of these big matches this season. We need to take on board what worked for us today and what didn't and alter our play to suit because we can't always rely on smashing in 4 goals in 16 minutes and an opposition willing to partake in such an open game.

I can't say I'm a massive fan of people using a win to rub it in the faces of people, at the same time it's far less irritating than the same posters using a loss to do the same thing as has happened several times this season. I understand why people react similarly after a win.

22 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Oh dear. This post just ooozes of pettiness and sour grapes.

Why even use the word "dick"? Any valid points you may have had are instantly diluted by using a classless comment.

I don't read any posters rubbing your nose in it after we win as you quote, you and others don't like Warne and that's your prerogative but why don't you show just a little humility when we do win. 

It doesn't take much honestly. Try it sometime. You may like it. 

I'm sorry for using the word dick, it clearly afforded you the opportunity to dismiss the entire post.

I'll try to follow your lead and post more like a lobotomised lab rat from now on without using any emotive words or mildly insulting phrases. 

Well, except for that time you slipped up and  branded a whole swathe of posters as plebs. Maybe I'll use that next time as apparently it passes your checks. Oh dear indeed.

Again you're wrong that I dislike Warne, I just find him very frustrating and his approach rather one dimensional. When it works, it works very well. When it doesn't, we can look beyond awful.

You may not see people using the victory as something to rub in others faces but the post I responding to and backing up, was itself responding to an example of that.

Edited by Kokosnuss

58 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Indeed.

On another day our commitment to leaving the defence unprotected and the result at the whim of us simply being more clinical than the other team causes a reverse of today's scoreline.

At the end of this day though, it's a fantastic win, but it doesn't automatically prove people's concerns unfounded or register those who've had/got issues with Warne 'idiots' or any such term.  

All anyone wants is to see the manager learn from past mistakes and show us the reasons he's been successful in the past.

If Warne addresses something that's been called out as a problem and fixes it, brilliant, everyone's happy.

...except not everyone is afforded the opportunity to be happy, because there's always some dick trying to rub any positive result we do have in the face of other people who've had doubts, as if suddenly everything is fixed and everything negative they've said is wrong.

It always escapes their attention that Warne needing to make changes in order to get positive results proves that those who've expressed concerns were actually, probably, right to do so. Warne gets credit, the 'complainers' get treated like second class supporters.

f*** that.

One game can only do so much, but it's a positive sign that we will possibly end up on the right side of these big matches this season. We need to take on board what worked for us today and what didn't and alter our play to suit because we can't always rely on smashing in 4 goals in 16 minutes and an opposition willing to partake in such an open game.

So if we lose ..then you're right ... and if we win obviously you were right!

AND you need feeling sorry for  ...

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

My uncle and aunt and numerous cousins live in Hedge End…all Saints and Hants fans 😊

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

My uncle and aunt and numerous cousins live in Hedge End…all Saints and Hants fans 😊

I only moved south on joining the Royal Navy and flitted between Plymouth and Portsmouth. Now that I have finally retired the current house is up for sale and I am moving back to Derby. The 160 mile drive for home games is becoming a of a pain.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I can't say I'm a massive fan of people using a win to rub it in the faces of people, at the same time it's far less irritating than the same posters using a loss to do the same thing as has happened several times this season. I understand why people react similarly after a win.

Hey at least you acknowledge it happens!

A loss may allow people to re-emphasise their negative views, but I'm not sure who's faces that's being rubbed in?

You know what the solution to it is though? Warne getting his team to win more games!

Today, as stated, was a very good start to turning around our form against other teams expected to be in and around us and long may it continue.

2 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

Imagine how dumb the people who doubted Warne must be feeling tonight. Lucky we'd never do that.

Of course a sensible Warne in or Warne out supporter shouldn’t get carried away with one result (good or bad) as there is a risk of it coming back and biting you on the bum. A bad defeat at Bolton and the Warne outers could quite easily say the opposite to your post.

What I particularly liked was the press in the second half. We just didn’t give them a chance to really get back into the game. COYR.

4 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

I'm sorry for using the word dick, it clearly afforded you the opportunity to dismiss the entire post.

I'll try to follow your lead and post more like a lobotomised lab rat from now on without using any emotive words or mildly insulting phrases. 

Well, except for that time you slipped up and  branded a whole swathe of posters as plebs. Maybe I'll use that next time as apparently it passes your checks. Oh dear indeed.

Again you're wrong that I dislike Warne, I just find him very frustrating and his approach rather one dimensional. When it works, it works very well. When it doesn't, we can look beyond awful.

You may not see people using the victory as something to rub in others faces but the post I responding to and backing up, was itself responding to an example of that.

The problem with your "argument" is that you say quite rightly that one win doesn't dismiss supporters fears about Warne but you don't also respect that by the same token one loss doesn't also reinforce supporters beliefs about Warne.

You can't have one without the other. It's called balance. 

So again as I posted earlier why not just enjoy the win when we do rather than trying to mitigate it which just smacks if sour grapes.

Then when you do this the rubbing your face in it comments might disappear a little when other posters see you're showing a little humility. Just a thought.

14 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The problem with your "argument" is that you say quite rightly that one win doesn't dismiss supporters fears about Warne but you don't also respect that by the same token one loss doesn't also reinforce supporters beliefs about Warne.

You can't have one without the other. It's called balance. 

So again as I posted earlier why not just enjoy the win when we do rather than trying to mitigate it which just smacks if sour grapes.

Then when you do this the rubbing your face in it comments might disappear a little when other posters see you're showing a little humility. Just a thought.

It's not an argument. I'm merely pointing out the behaviour some exhibit to backup the point made by another poster.

You're wrong again, I fully appreciate that one loss doesn't also reinforce supporters beliefs about Warne... but it contributes to a pattern, and when the same faults that saw us drop the points we needed to achieve a top six finish last season show up again so many months later, with lessons seemingly not learned then the issue remains relevant and ignoring it does no-one any favours, much as it seems to offend you that people dare discuss it.

When the pattern becomes victories of today's nature, the discussion will take the appropriate form.

Oh and I'm not taking lessons in humility from someone who habitually acts as if people expressing their opinions in a manner which doesn't fit his prescribed notion of how they should react to things are intellectually below him, thanks all the same.

Edited by Kokosnuss