Match Thread: (A) Peterborough United

Rampant

1 hour ago, Ipswich Ram said:

Hello doom-mongers and all those prematurely calling for the head of Warne!

Even before today (it's currently 1-4 H/T to the Rams at Peterborough) I was going to post that Wigan and Oxford, who beat us at home, have also beaten Bolton and Barnsley respectively (teams we expected to be challenging for promotion this season along with the Rams).

So before you next call for Warne to go, let's appreciate that it's a long season and there will be many ups and downs before the end. We're lucky we still have a team to support, and I for one like the look of what's happening at Pride Park, in spite of the occasional hiccough).

I'm new to this forum but I say keep the faith and come on you Rams!

Β 

Welcome. However, there’s no chanceΒ of that happening😎

After the first 20mins that was our best performance in a while, the most dangerous I have seen us look on the counter for a while.

2 wins from 2 away from home, a Waggy hattrick, goal from a set piece, a win away from home against a top team and also a win away from a losing position.

Brilliant performance from Waggy & Thompson. Nelson looking decent, NML did well & after Warne's tactical switch in midfield Smith looked good at holding mid.

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Question is do we stick with the same team to start next Saturday or switch up at right back? Not a moan Rooney is being asked to do a job but he comes unstuck at RB. Fornah in the middle Smith out to RB for me.

Got to keep the same 11 for me, cant change the 11 after 2 wins in 2

I was okay with that. England got beaten by Fiji at rugger for the first time ever, so moaning could take a new direction......

Β 

Β 

So what was responsible for our improvement from the early part of the game where we sounded disorganized? Was it a discernible astute tactical adjustment of the sort we haven't seen before?

Gotta give Warne some credit today.

I know I'm not his biggest fan, I can't deny how good of an away performance that was. The kind of football I've been waiting from him for 12 months. Devastating on the counter attack and a goal from a corner. Conceded a couple but that doesn't matter. Committed the bodies forward perfectly and got our rewards. Excellent, excellent result. Needed to get rid of that top team away form voodoo quickly and against Peterborough, haven't won there in 13 years, makes it sweeter.

Waghorn on fire. Confidence to hit a weaker foot curling shot shows why he'll get 15 goals minimum. Brilliant player. The two young lads who came on have some quality and energy too. Can't wait to see them more. Smith needs to watch out for the Tyreece from Forest, he'll take his spot no problem.Β 

Well done Warne and team. Great marker set.