Who bought these players?

sage

Warne I'd have thought. It's not like they're unknowns who've been scouted, after all and he's talked on numerous occasions about building 'his team'. Hard to imagine he's been told to get them in, unless I'm missing something. Clowes would have veto in terms of what he'd pay (fees / wages), but otherwise I'd say Warne would be calling the shots. 

When we sign players, I normally have a look at what the fans at their previous clubs are saying about them, maybe skim over their pages on whoscored, transfermarkt etc to get a feel for what they might be like.

Luton fans said Bradley's legs had gone.

Peterborough fans said Ward struggles to beat the first man with his crosses, and isn't comfortable at wingback.

Elder seems to have never played wingback before in his career.

Nelson was part of the (I think) worst defence (by goals conceded) in the Championship last season.

And that's just from 5 minutes googling.  You do have to wonder who's scouting these players.

Edited by duncanjwitham

13 minutes ago, sage said:

As it says on the tin, who was responsible for bringing in these summer 23 signings?

I don't think Derby have any pulling power anymore. 

but when you have a small budget why have we bought in 3 players who play in similar position in wing back . If we have limited spend surely we should strengthen in all areas of the pitch 

14 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Warne I'd have thought. It's not like they're unknowns who've been scouted, after all and he's talked on numerous occasions about building 'his team'. Hard to imagine he's been told to get them in, unless I'm missing something. Clowes would have veto in terms of what he'd pay (fees / wages), but otherwise I'd say Warne would be calling the shots. 

Warne talked in the summer about going to the recruitment panel wit who he wants and why he wants them. He specifically talked about how he wanted Bradley and Washington 

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My guess, Mark Thomas presented the players he thought we could sign and Warne gives the go ahead and Stephen Pearce does the negotiation.

I thought he arrived after we had done most of our business.

There is a 3rd party, who has been instrumental in recruiting players, Craig Forsyth. So far, he seems to have been the most successful one.

9 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

When we sign players, I normally have a look at what the fans at their previous clubs are saying about them, maybe skim over their pages on whoscored, transfermarkt etc to get a feel for what they might be like.

Peterborough fans said Ward struggles to beat the first man with his crosses, and isn't comfortable at wingback.

Nelson was part of the (I think) worst defence (by goals conceded) in the Championship last season.

And that's just from 5 minutes googling.  You do have to wonder who's scouting these players.

Or more to the point: who we'd have otherwise.

Warne all day long. 

Whilst Warne has to make sure they’re a good person it’s a waste of time having this Thomas bloke. Ironically I thought we’d done good business defensively. Either I’m wrong as are others or Warne’s tactics are shafting them.

Either way it doesn’t reflect well on Warne.

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

For what I considered to be a rhetorical question I was somewhat surprised to then see the number of replies to it

It wasn't rhetorical, though I was pretty sure of the answer.

39 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Elder has always been characterized as a typical full back in a 4 man defence…..

Bradley reminds me of Curtis in his last season with us…. Nice bloke, was a good player , but suddenly in a blink the legs have gone and they become a liability….

1 hour ago, secretsquirrel said:

Listening to the pundits on FL72 podcast they were saying what good business we had done getting them in 

Glad i have or won't listen to this podcast then. Couldn't tell a good signing if it hit them in the face. 

Edited by Barney1991