Who bought these players?

sage

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

When we sign players, I normally have a look at what the fans at their previous clubs are saying about them, maybe skim over their pages on whoscored, transfermarkt etc to get a feel for what they might be like.

Luton fans said Bradley's legs had gone.

Peterborough fans said Ward struggles to beat the first man with his crosses, and isn't comfortable at wingback.

Elder seems to have never played wingback before in his career.

Nelson was part of the (I think) worst defence (by goals conceded) in the Championship last season.

And that's just from 5 minutes googling.  You do have to wonder who's scouting these players.

i often ignore what other clubs fans say, they often have a bias opinion on said player and the enviroment is different at every club

but you could see from a mile off we were signing a poor calibre of players just by doing 5 minutes of research on each player

1 hour ago, sage said:

Warne talked in the summer about going to the recruitment panel wit who he wants and why he wants them. He specifically talked about how he wanted Bradley and Washington 

I thought he arrived after we had done most of our business.

There is a 3rd party, who has been instrumental in recruiting players, Craig Forsyth. So far, he seems to have been the most successful one.

He also stated he wanted pace and signed the opposite and now we have less pace than pace. Basically what we should do is let warne hand in his suggestions and do the opposite. 

I would imagine that Curtis Nelson was a signing Mark Thomas had some part to play in meaning as he signed him for Oxford from Plymouth but it still goes against the grain that the only centre backs 30 or over that signed for Oxford since 2014 under him was John Mousinho and Mike Williamson.

57 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

It’s the set up. Nelson’s ball out last night was intended for a midfielder who was 30 yards away. 

The setup is wrong but Nelson's decision and execution were the problem in that instance. Watch it on the highlights - he tries to pass to midfield but there's an Oxford player stood about 2 yards to one side so an easy interception. Awful decision making but was one of many. Ball was moved out too slow. 

2 hours ago, eddy779h34 said:

I don't think Derby have any pulling power anymore. 

This is the biggest problem for me, and why Warne MUST go.

He can't sell a vision of success to players because he has no reputation in developing players careers and has had no real experience of what it takes to be successful at a higher level either as a player or manager.

Recruitment was so much better last year because of the pull of Rooney, then Rosenior and their contacts at other clubs.

We need a manager with a reputation as a top coach and a black book to call on.

If we can't afford that, the best thing we could do is put Hourianne in as player manager to the end of the season.  He would have contacts he can use and a reputation based on his playing style that would hook potential new signings in.

21 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

image.thumb.png.cdf57af22093b83e62671252c77ca7b6.png

So Jon Howard has been chief scout since 2015. Isn't that around the time our recruitment became terrible. I could almost name all our good signings since 2015 on one hand.

pretty much our only good signings since 2015 have been ironically when we didnt have a recruitment team and it was just Liam and wayne...

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

pretty much our only good signings since 2015 have been ironically when we didnt have a recruitment team and it was just Liam and wayne...

Since October 2015, I can think of 9 signings that could be classed as 'good', and some are a bit of stretch at that:

Vydra, Davies, Shinnie, Byrne, Jagielka, McGoldrick, Wildsmith, NML, Hourihane.

and 4 of these were signed through Rooney/Rosenior as personal contacts as you say.

12 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

He also stated he wanted pace and signed the opposite and now we have less pace than pace. Basically what we should do is let warne hand in his suggestions and do the opposite. 

The pace/fitness thing is really weird. I would get it more if they were quick bombing up and down to match his words

15 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Since October 2015, I can think of 9 signings that could be classed as 'good', and some are a bit of stretch at that:

Vydra, Davies, Shinnie, Byrne, Jagielka, McGoldrick, Wildsmith, NML, Hourihane.

and 4 of these were signed through Rooney/Rosenior as personal contacts as you say.

NML & Hourihane, Wildsmith, what have they acheieved ?

Vydra, cost a lot of money, had one good season but 50% of his goals were pens

Davies, Shinnie, Jagielka, Byrne, didzy, the only good ones since 2015 for me (not including loan players)

10 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

NML & Hourihane, Wildsmith, what have they acheieved ?

Vydra, cost a lot of money, had one good season but 50% of his goals were pens

Davies, Shinnie, Jagielka, Byrne, didzy, the only good ones since 2015 for me (not including loan players)

I'm not sure how you can't class Vydra as a good signing. Golden boot. sold for a profit. 7 assists as well, and only about 1/3 of his goals were pens not 50%. 

21 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

When we sign players, I normally have a look at what the fans at their previous clubs are saying about them, maybe skim over their pages on whoscored, transfermarkt etc to get a feel for what they might be like.

Luton fans said Bradley's legs had gone.

Peterborough fans said Ward struggles to beat the first man with his crosses, and isn't comfortable at wingback.

Elder seems to have never played wingback before in his career.

Nelson was part of the (I think) worst defence (by goals conceded) in the Championship last season.

And that's just from 5 minutes googling.  You do have to wonder who's scouting these players.

As long as you remember the heavy tinge of negative bias in these comments, thanks to the fact fans rarely want to speak positively about departing players. It's like a confirmation bias of ''we didn't need him anyway'' and then finding ways to justify that sentiment.

I also tend to have a look at general opinion online ,and regarding Ward, they also said how hard-working he was, great attitude etc. It wasn't exclusively negative. Forsyth hadn't played fullback before signing with us and that turned out okay...

I've not been impressed with the new signings yet, but I would try and argue that they made sense on paper (as individual signings, not whether we should have got a striker instead etc.)

11 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

As long as you remember the heavy tinge of negative bias in these comments, thanks to the fact fans rarely want to speak positively about departing players. It's like a confirmation bias of ''we didn't need him anyway'' and then finding ways to justify that sentiment.

I also tend to have a look at general opinion online ,and regarding Ward, they also said how hard-working he was, great attitude etc. It wasn't exclusively negative. Forsyth hadn't played fullback before signing with us and that turned out okay...

I've not been impressed with the new signings yet, but I would try and argue that they made sense on paper (as individual signings, not whether we should have got a striker instead etc.)

I'm not saying do all your scouting on Google, or take anything opposing fans say as gospel or anything. But 5 minutes Googling revealed a bunch of red flags about all those players, and so far they all seem bang on to me.

39 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

there were times when he didnt even make the starting line up...

He played 44 games in 17/18. You Davies was a good signing but there were periods where he didn't play much while being on a high wage. 21 league goals isn't even 'good' to you?