Who bought these players?

sage

34 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I'm not saying do all your scouting on Google, or take anything opposing fans say as gospel or anything. But 5 minutes Googling revealed a bunch of red flags about all those players, and so far they all seem bang on to me.

Ward has looked fine at wingback to me, and his crossing has led to 1/4 of our goals so far this season, so I'm not sure what they were saying is accurate, to be fair?

12 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Ward has looked fine at wingback to me, and his crossing has led to 1/4 of our goals so far this season, so I'm not sure what they were saying is accurate, to be fair?

I explained it better in one of the (many) other posts - basically, I think he's a good crosser when he's got space and time to cross, but he struggles to create that space for himself, because he hasn't really got a burst of pace or a trick to get clear of a fullback.  So a huge number of his crosses end up getting blocked by the first man.  And playing at wingback makes that worse, as he has no support to draw defenders away, he's often doubled-up by their winger and fullback.

2 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

He played 44 games in 17/18. You Davies was a good signing but there were periods where he didn't play much while being on a high wage. 21 league goals isn't even 'good' to you?

thats not what im saying. vydra was an ok signing but nothing more in my opinion. High transfer fee, high wage, often went hidin in games, but for all the pens he would only have got what 13/14 goals. Is that really worth the fee we paid? We were very very lucky to sell him on for a profit.

Davies was signed on a free though wasn't he? I would expect an £8million signed to play every game in the championship.

I have doubts about some of the recruits but I think it's better to wait until we are 10 league games in to pass judgement, everyone needs time to settle in to a new club at this level.

The time it takes them to settle in could be the difference between an automatic promotion place and a play off place but on paper I don't think we have a squad which you can look at and say we are guaranteed automatic promotion candidates, you need to spend a lot of money for that, so for me, finishing in the play off's at the end of the season will be a good achievement.

16 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

thats not what im saying. vydra was an ok signing but nothing more in my opinion. High transfer fee, high wage, often went hidin in games, but for all the pens he would only have got what 13/14 goals. Is that really worth the fee we paid? We were very very lucky to sell him on for a profit.

Davies was signed on a free though wasn't he? I would expect an £8million signed to play every game in the championship.

He won the Golden Boot and then sold for a profit, takes a fairly pessimistic lens to now view that signing as a success! 

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

First season wasn't good but he was stuck on the wing.  a bad move all round.  

Second season he was really good.  Scored, lead the line and won a lot of penalties and free kicks which he dispatched. Taking into account wages we had a good season from him and made 1.5 million or thereabouts. I think we should have got more but needed the cash to pay for Jozefzoon, Waghorn and Malone.  I'd rather have kept Vydra.

Davies and Huddlestone were 1.5mil and 750k or the other way around.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

First season wasn't good but he was stuck on the wing.  a bad move all round.  

Second season he was really good.  Scored, lead the line and won a lot of penalties and free kicks which he dispatched. Taking into account wages we had a good season from him and made 1.5 million or thereabouts. I think we should have got more but needed the cash to pay for Jozefzoon, Waghorn and Malone.  I'd rather have kept Vydra.

Davies and Huddlestone were 1.5mil and 750k or the other way around.

not for me sorry. it wasnt like clubs were lining up to sign him, we got more than he was worth. Look how terrible he's been outside of that one season for us. Didn't we also get Marriott with the money aswell or was that seperate? 

Just now, Chris_Martin said:

not for me sorry. it wasnt like clubs were lining up to sign him, we got more than he was worth. Look how terrible he's been outside of that one season for us. Didn't we also get Marriott with the money aswell or was that seperate? 

We should have pushed Burnley further.  They offered 10.5 after he agreed to an 11 million Leeds move and was actually up there all over their twitter accounts but he turned round and came back when a premier league move to Burnley transpired.  We let him go at 500k less I think to get those moves finalised.  To be honest the 500k loss was worth leaving those Leeds nobbers with faces like a slapped arse.  The Marriot money was from elsewhere.  We sold Weimann for 2.7 and we had the Rowett compo of 2 million.  We got more for a manager than Knight and  more for the next one than we'll be getting for Bird and Cashin .  Crazy and a clear indicator of the s******* we're now playing in.

18 minutes ago, Topram said:

Who’s to say Thomas and co have been brought it to start working on next summer when we can are not tied up by the EFL and we can start spending a little more? Clowse is a good business man he’ll be looking into the future more than just now 

Also been suggested that Thomas is the one recruiting for the academy/U23 squad, including the lad from Rangers etc. they could turn into solid players in a season or 2

Wearing my newly washed pedant's hat, the answer to the question posed in the title of this thread is, nobody as they have, with 1 exception come in on frees. Washington being the exception where, although there is no fee up front, there might be an add on fee payable dependent on how well he performs and how well the team performs over the season.

56 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Also been suggested that Thomas is the one recruiting for the academy/U23 squad, including the lad from Rangers etc. they could turn into solid players in a season or 2

Exactly pal, we all knew this was a long term project, next year when we spend he can then be judge on who he brings in

27 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

I'm intrigued to know how many of the signings made by Rosenior would have come last summer if Warne arrived earlier. I can remember in one of the We are Derby videos he claimed 'I've tried to sign most of you at Rotherham'. I really doubt any of them would be here maybe Wildsmith at a push?

Yes that is an interesting point. Is the disparity caused by the style of play, the style of the manager, the money offered or what?

Who sells players?

"Cashin's future will undoubtedly be the centre of attention for the final two weeks of the window while Max Bird is also wanted by Championship side Hull City.

Warne believes none of the clubs that are tracking both players will want to leave it to the last day of the window which is September 1.

Asked whether he has set his own deadline for their futures to be resolved, Warne said: "The clubs that bid for your players don't want to bid on the last day because there is a good chance nobody answers the phone.

"I know that sounds ridiculous. But if at 6pm on deadline day we've done all our business, I will turn my phone off because I won't want to sell anyone that is my argument.

"But It's not my position to ask for deadlines or anything like that. That is above my pay grade. All I do is 'are these the players I've got today? Great I'll work with them.'

"I don't run the football club, I am the football manager. I can't dictate to clubs when they bid, how much they bid and if we accept the bid. I am just a small part of the process as to whether we accept any bid."

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who sells players?

"Cashin's future will undoubtedly be the centre of attention for the final two weeks of the window while Max Bird is also wanted by Championship side Hull City.

Warne believes none of the clubs that are tracking both players will want to leave it to the last day of the window which is September 1.

Asked whether he has set his own deadline for their futures to be resolved, Warne said: "The clubs that bid for your players don't want to bid on the last day because there is a good chance nobody answers the phone.

"I know that sounds ridiculous. But if at 6pm on deadline day we've done all our business, I will turn my phone off because I won't want to sell anyone that is my argument.

"But It's not my position to ask for deadlines or anything like that. That is above my pay grade. All I do is 'are these the players I've got today? Great I'll work with them.'

"I don't run the football club, I am the football manager. I can't dictate to clubs when they bid, how much they bid and if we accept the bid. I am just a small part of the process as to whether we accept any bid."

Probably Pearce with sign off by Clowes, perhaps with some input from Warne and Thomas.
I’ve alluded to this before, I think that ultimately the sale of Cashin will potentially come down to a business decision rather than a footballing one, you’d hope both of those things are intertwined always, but if a bid for an asset is too much for the business to ignore he’ll be sold. That’s where we are as a club. All players have a price in football.