v Oxford United (H) Match Thread

Kernow

9 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

The really worrying thing is, Wigan, Blackpool and Oxford have all tried to play football against us, play out from the back and through midfield and stuff.  Those are the sort of games we *should* be good in - we’re supposedly setting up to press teams that do that.  I was more worried about how we were going to break down the teams that just sat deep and tried to stop us playing.

Stop us playing? I’m still waiting for that 3 games in 🤣

29 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Groundsmen have done a cracking job of the pitch in close season. 

Waste of time though cos it only benefits the away teams who want to play proper football. 

I have disagree with the pitch condition . There is a patch by the home end that was so turned over that resembled a cabbage patch and made it very difficult for Bradley to play through the trench . The grounds man needs to get a grip . It cost us 3 points tonight. Tbh I fell asleep half time so my testimony can be accepted as conjecture. Don’t worry about the tactics get the patch in order Warne . Sort it out .

In fairness to our back 3 I think their performances would improve immeasurably if they had literally anyone at all to pass to. As it is the only CM we have who is capable of taking the ball under some pressure is fannying around as a number 10 alongside a winger who can only run in straight lines

Could stick Ruben Dias back there atm and he would look dog muck

11 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

To reiterate: Oxford were two points from relegation last season and have 3 wins in seven months. Truthfully, they’re s****, it’s what makes tonight even more disappointing. Like watching two teams with brain injuries kick a ball with a bell in. It didn’t look like a professional football game. 

In fairness, Oxford have been improving since they appointed Manning. The reason they finished so low was because of the previous manager. Also, Brannagan especially is a very good player at this level. No excuses though, we should still be beating them. They're not outstanding.

Agree with the game summary. Its actually bizarre. I'm struggling to recall any detail of the game at all, and I watched the whole 90mins. It's just a blur of players running into and pushing each other, around the centre circle, with he ball in the air 😆

What did Warne mean in his post match interview on RamsTv when he said "there are possible reasons for the poor performance but that (he) couldn't go into them, obviously"?

Is he again alluding to possible outgoings?

Has he lost the dressing room?

He's lost the fans? On here but also the boos are getting stronger at the ground.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

What did Warne mean in his post match interview on RamsTv when he said "there are possible reasons for the poor performance but that (he) couldn't go into them, obviously"?

He's lost the fans? On here but also the boos are getting stronger at the ground.

These comments aren’t doing him any favours, he may as well come out and say what he means unless he’s just trying to stir up a distraction as a way of an excuse for our poor football this year.

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I personally thought it was more about not having the right personnel (more pace etc.)to play how he wants to

9 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

well he can't exactly tell everyone he has messed up again and doesn't have enough tactical knowhow, he'll never get a decent job again😅

That was poor tonight, no hiding from that, 3 at the back does not seem to work, need to get our home form back asap, we looked like we had no tactics apart from putting it into the box, and hoping something would fall for us, don't like to over react, but we need to see something happening on the pitch, we need to see players talking to each other, we  need to see, players moving into space, playing 1, 2s around the box we need to mix it up, go through the middle at times, it just seems very static at the moment, hope something clicks soon, as sacking a manager every year is not something we want to keep doing, i thought getting rid of Liam so quickly last season was a strange idea as it was a team he put together, we need patience from everyone, but we also need to get a grip on the trainung ground, and start to play some football, and have a few different ways of setting up, it's time that our coaching staff get to earn there money, and get us performing as a top of the table team, as that is where we need to be come the end of the season.  Rant over, just feeling so down at the moment. 

Edited by DerbyAleMan