v Oxford United (H) Match Thread

Kernow

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Penalty shout for handball not given, whatever the defender did then looked very weird. Would like to see a replay. Sort of stooped down to shoulder it.

Poor performance, interesting to hear what’s said post match. I’m still not of the opinion Warne should be sacked as the season is still very early on, but tonight was really poor and he has to own this and show he can adapt. His 3 at the back isn’t working, I thought it would but it’s not. Back to basics, 4 at the back on Saturday, start Waghorn and Washington up top, Thompson needs to be in the midfield. It’s not working, change it.

Absolutely spot on. When he made his first subs (other than Wilson for Ward) I assumed he would change the shape because it was so predictable and everyone seemed not to know where they should be. Then he put Thompson at LWB and kept the same system! (To be fair, Thompson did OK there, before moving to the centre). The urgency some of our players showed didn't necessarily help - we looked desperate but not especially sure what to do about it from very early on, and Oxford - as we saw so often from PP visitors last year - were very savvy.

Not being naive about how easy it is to sign a player even if we're interested in them but unfortunately Mark Harris did to us what he could potentially have been doing for us. Not being wise after the event - a few on his thread noted that he had looked a handful for Cardiff and he looks a very good player at this level.

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Penalty shout for handball not given, whatever the defender did then looked very weird. Would like to see a replay. Sort of stooped down to shoulder it.

Poor performance, interesting to hear what’s said post match. I’m still not of the opinion Warne should be sacked as the season is still very early on, but tonight was really poor and he has to own this and show he can adapt. His 3 at the back isn’t working, I thought it would but it’s not. Back to basics, 4 at the back on Saturday, start Waghorn and Washington up top, Thompson needs to be in the midfield. It’s not working, change it.

But his whole philosophy is 3 at the back, his signings are all about 3 at the back…just can’t see him changing. I wish I could find some positives but struggling after tonight 🤔

1 minute ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Poor game, but a few good things stand out, like the look of Thompson and Wilson, but we really seem to lack a midfield general. What’s happened to Mendez-Laing? He seems to be a shadow of how he started last season. Should we go back the fuzzy and Cashin as two centre backs?The new ones seem to be struggling! I think Washington when fully fit with Waghorn might be a tough pair of forwards to deal with?

Mendez-Laing is a winger. He’s played out of position.

1 minute ago, inter politics said:

I'm sorry but I want to watch football 

Agreed because only one side tried to play football tonight 

embarrasing when a team like Oxford come to PP and there fans sing you’ve only come to watch the Oxford that performance was clueless