Jordan Rhodes - gone to Blackpool

Topram

Now why would he still be training at Championship Huddersfield if he's not good enough for little 'ol league 1 Derby County? (According to some.....)

As has been said previously, it seems that until they have a replacement they see him as part of their plans, which makes perfect sense as why leave yourself short? In which case, he needs to build his fitness like every other player, including getting game time to get match fit.

If he does come, I'm glad he's going to be fit, if he gets injured he still has a contract at Huddersfield so no loss to him, he could come and get injured in the 1st training session here !

Just now, falconram said:

Why not have Waghorn, younger lives local be OK for a season, Rhodes will do a good job but will want more than a 1 year deal

Because, if we do indeed want Rhodes, it's because he's a known good finisher - it's literally his prime attribute. Whereas Waghorn needs roughly 27 chances to perhaps shin one in off a defender.

13 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Nope, not me. We’ve never argued.  But I bet you’re wrong and that the business plan allowed us to make a loss. Two reasons why I would conclude that. 1) because even the efl would recognise that it would be impossible for us to suddenly decrease our expenditure and remain competitive (given that our main outgoings are players wages) to such a degree that we make a profit, which is what you’re suggesting and 2) because the EFL’s own ffp rules explicitly allow clubs to make a loss year after year after year. The rules just try to limit the level of loss. It would be perverse - even for the efl - if they suddenly insisted that any business plan was predicated on us making a profit in our first year out of administration.

we have been prudent; we have probably exceeded our income targets/plans; we have managed our budgets and persuaded the EFL that we are no longer a financial basket case. But I bet our expenditure exceeds our income.

Well we can suspend further discussion on this but remember it for when the accounts are published. Then we will see. If I am proved wrong I will be happy to say so

I think there’s a misconception that pretty much anyone who has played in a higher league would score hatfuls of goals in League One.

For one, you’re either a finisher or you’re not. Rhodes is, Waghorn and several others on here aren’t (including ones in the current squad).

It’s not something you can coach to someone in their twenties.

We have a few useful forwards but no natural finishers. 

Rhodes has been but whether he still has the desire is open to debate. I’ve not been impressed with him recently but who knows?

Without a Godden or a Ladapo this season I think we’ll really struggle to score enough goals.

Rhodes would be the bare minimum.

Personally, I think we need a CF, a wide player and an attacking midfielder to get the goals we’ll need.

I wonder whether the ins depend on a few outs to balance the wage budget?