Billy Sharp

Dartmouth Ram

13 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

Or trying to lamp a pensioner… nasty nasty nasty…

I rather suspect he didn’t actually try to lamp him but just squared up to him as players often do on the pitch.

Regarding the “pensioner” I don’t think he was some poor innocent old man but rather he probably tried to goad Sharp with some rather provocative comment.

I don’t think it would be a marriage made in heaven if Sharp did join us but, in his defence, he has had to take some carp from an element of our support. It’s bad enough when unsavoury chants are aimed at him from a crowd but it’s a whole lot worse when it’s an individual shouting something as he’s trying to board the team coach (I assume that is the incident folk are referring to).

12 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

This, you mean?

207E8870-789B-4AF0-8B06-DDEB7682DC94.jpeg

😂

Yeah Pretty much.

irrespective of what the old guy said, it was pretty classless to square up to him…  if he’d simply calmly said “pack in it old fella” and put him down verbally rather than squaring up to him then the old bloke would have looked the plonker instead.  For me his reaction just showed a nasty streak and a lack of any of intelligence.

Edited by Guest

16 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I rather suspect he didn’t actually try to lamp him but just squared up to him as players often do on the pitch.

Regarding the “pensioner” I don’t think he was some poor innocent old man but rather he probably tried to goad Sharp with some rather provocative comment.

I don’t think it would be a marriage made in heaven if Sharp did join us but, in his defence, he has had to take some carp from an element of our support. It’s bad enough when unsavoury chants are aimed at him from a crowd but it’s a whole lot worse when it’s an individual shouting something as he’s trying to board the team coach (I assume that is the incident folk are referring to).

For me it was his utter lack of class when BBC interviewed him after last years FA Cup replay v Wrexham. 

2 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

😂

Yeah Pretty much.

irrespective of what the old guy said, it was pretty classless to square up to him…  if he’d simply calmly said “pack in it old fella” and put him down verbally rather than squaring up to him then the old bloke would have looked the plonker instead.  For me his reaction just showed a nasty streak and a lack of any of intelligence.

I can’t comment as I don’t know the facts but sometimes views are distorted by a public image.

I think players get a lot of nonsense to deal with. I’ve heard some pensioners near me shouting some pretty offensive things. 

On a bad day we might all react badly (though hopefully not violently).

I’d take Sharp, as long as we keep this guy away from him.

IMG_1480.jpeg

So you want this bloke wearing our shirt, and representing our club saying this sort of crap?

sorry not for me, nil class, not one iota

17 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

He is 37 years old. He was past his best three prime ministers ago. I’d rather we didn’t sign anyone and just gave Brown a chance than waste a space on the bench with a bloke who absolutely would not want to be there anyway.

I really, really, still can’t see it, but If Warne does actually sign Sharp it will only reinforce my belief that he has seriously limited managerial and coaching abilities, that will only ever get him personally as high in the footballing pyramid as that of a ‘bottom 6 Championship scrapper’.

19 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I really, really, still can’t see it, but If Warne does actually sign Sharp it will only reinforce my belief that he has seriously limited managerial and coaching abilities, that will only ever get him personally as high in the footballing pyramid as that of a ‘bottom 6 Championship scrapper’.

My thoughts exactly.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

3 hours ago, Andrew1 said:

Or trying to lamp a pensioner… nasty nasty nasty…

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/sport/sheffield-united-striker-billy-sharp-argues-with-derby-fans-outside-ground-b2189587.html

Over the last ten years or so Derby fans have;

Falsely accused and repeatedly chanted about/at him being a sex offender, paedo and rapist. "She said no Billy...she said no", "Derby boys are on a bender, Billy Sharp is a sex offender" and "Paedo paedo paedo". These were even sung on Saturday without him on the pitch or even playing for them anymore.

Openly mocked him for his baby son dying on social media and aimed similar themed chants at him. This, despite the club wearing black armbands for his family grieving and Sharp thanking the club. 

Taken any chance to send abusive messages to him on social media (see recent tweet examples), and in the open (see video) due to his dislike of the two above points.

He's well within his rights to dislike this and give back. I'm sure 99% of people if given the same torrent of abuse he's had off a loud but small minority here for many years, would react similarly as he has. To hate him as he simply has human feelings is quite harsh. 

Screenshot_20230801_004703.jpg

I agree that behaviour on social media is unacceptable, as are the chants related to his personal life.  Completely of limits for me.  Please note that I don’t do social media (this is as close as I get) i had a short stint on Twitter but found it so toxic I left.

Although having said that your recent examples are rather weak, if I had a few quid for every time someone called me a fatty I would be quite well off…

But what was his excuse for what is the potential run of the mill “sledging” that the Wrexham players (allegedly) gave him and his team mates?  It’s not just Derby he doesn’t like.

if he can’t cope with that (and his interview suggested not) then like I said he does not have the correct temperament or intelligence.

I played my first senior game at 16 or 17.  When I shook the hand of one  (very large) player, he pulled me towards him and said in low tones “I am going to break your ducking legs in about 5 minutes”. What did I do?  I kicked him first within 3.

Beat them on the pitch and you don’t need to do what he does, they’re is such a thing as a bad winner, and he is one…