23/24 Home Kit

Kernow

Rate our 23/24 Threads  

212 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

He said he was happy with the designs, and he thought the fans would love them. That's also an opinion.

Obviously Clowes hasn't met you yet, or he might have downgraded his forecast! 

#toughtoplease

I won't be paying £50 for something that looks like an off-the-peg t-shirt so yes I'm tough to please. No doubt there are other Derby fans who aren't 'in love' with the kit either. That's truth.

I'm not surprised with what David Clowes said, that was never the point. I'm sure the sales of shirts will tell David Clowes how much the fans love the shirt.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm sure the sales of shirts will tell David Clowes how much the fans love the shirt.

I'm not convinced that is so.

I suspect a fair few buy and wear "this season's shirt", regardless of the design.  It's a statement for some.

Edited by Mucker1884

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

He said he was happy with the designs, and he thought the fans would love them. That's also an opinion.

Obviously Clowes hasn't met you yet, or he might have downgraded his forecast! 

#toughtoplease

Oh and the main reason I'm disappointed with an ordinary looking football shirt is that it represents Derby County Football Club. I'm proud of our football club, I wish I could say the same of the kit, not that that really matters of course.

#disappointednottough

Edited by RoyMac5

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It has been talked about previously that Mel didn't cut a great deal with Umbro.

Do you actually know what priorities Clowes will give to our next kit?

We have been told in the past that DCFC will make hardly anything from shirt sales. So does it matter if we like them or buy them? ( However teams like R. Madrid say shirt sales pay for the players 🤷🏻‍♂️).

8 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

We have been told in the past that DCFC will make hardly anything from shirt sales. So does it matter if we like them or buy them? ( However teams like R. Madrid say shirt sales pay for the players 🤷🏻‍♂️).

They might have a few more fans than us?

I think we did make quite a lot on Rooney shirts.  It's about reach, isn't it?

Someone on here jokingly said we should have Naill Horan on the shirt and we'd sell zillions. They are probably right! 

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I won't be paying £50 for something that looks like an off-the-peg t-shirt so yes I'm tough to please. No doubt there are other Derby fans who aren't 'in love' with the kit either. That's truth.

I'm not surprised with what David Clowes said, that was never the point. I'm sure the sales of shirts will tell David Clowes how much the fans love the shirt.

It's not an off the peg design though, the bits in the shoulder were specifically designed for use by us and I don't think I've seen another kit with the same collar design. There's some sort of print in the fabric too so it's not just plain white.

By all means be disappointed by the design but don't criticise it for being something it isn't.

It's not going to have been the cheapest option, simply because it has something unique to us on it besides the club badge.

Unless I'm wrong and  you can find it in their Teamwear catalogue of course, THESE are off the peg...

https://www.umbro.co.uk/customer-care/brochure

5 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

It's not an off the peg design though,

I said 'looks like an of-the-peg design'. It looks like a white t-shirt, they also have different fabrics. I repeat if we hadn't been told it was retro would be have known.

I think its ordinary, you don't. 

Say it every pre-season, as soon as we bin Umbro off the better.

It looks a bit Bolton to me, but couldn't care less if we win the league by 30 points.

16 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

It's not an off the peg design though, the bits in the shoulder were specifically designed for use by us and I don't think I've seen another kit with the same collar design. There's some sort of print in the fabric too so it's not just plain white.

By all means be disappointed by the design but don't criticise it for being something it isn't.

It's not going to have been the cheapest option, simply because it has something unique to us on it besides the club badge.

Unless I'm wrong and  you can find it in their Teamwear catalogue of course, THESE are off the peg...

https://www.umbro.co.uk/customer-care/brochure

The kit on the main picture on pg. 22 in the brochure should have been the kit.

Am alright with the one we have mind.

"A bit Fulham", "A bit Bolton"....

You mean it's a white shirt and those other teams play in white.

Uh oh, just thought of another team who have white shirts....and they used to play in (royal) blue shorts. Phew, we played - and should play - in Navy blue.

Edited by IslandExile