Freddie Ladapo - signed for Charlton on loan

Nuwtfly

He’d be a good addition, generally a 1 in 3 player at this level. He scored 17 for Ipswich last season so I’d hope for a similar return if we got him.

Ipswich have been linked to Ellis Simms for about £5m, no idea if they’ll get him but if they’re looking to spend that on a striker then they clearly have ambitions beyond Ladapo. I get the feeling if we did get him, it would be one of those that ran towards the end of the window whilst Ipswich assessed their options.

This is something that would probably need to happen later in the window, but it's whether we can wait around till then. I don't see Ipswich selling until they have replacements in and settled. I also don't think Ladapo and Warne were all that friendly(?) so not sure if it is anything other than a lazy link. 

He would obviously be a good option for us at this level. He fits the profile of what we need really well and had a good year at Ipswich last season. 

Did wonder on this and thought probably a matter of time before a link popped up. Surprised it's not claiming Knight swap deal.

Obviously did well for Ipswich last season and racked up 50+ games, scoring a decent amount.

Thing is though Ipswich aren't going to be content with just treading water, and unless they see Ladapo as a 20 goal championship striker they will be looking to keep improving that position.

Even at 30 I wonder if his value exceeds Knights?

48 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

They had a difficult relationship after Lapado said he wanted to leave..... Warne dropped him them only played him sporadically for the rest of the season. 

Which is strange seeing as PW always going on about he understands players wanting to achieve as much as they can and how he would never standin their way for a good move…

21 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Which is strange seeing as PW always going on about he understands players wanting to achieve as much as they can and how he would never standin their way for a good move…

I think it was to do with timing.  He announced it during their promotion run in and I think PW thought it was a bit off and it would upset the apple cart at a critical time.

40 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

He's definitely the type of player we need, but I imagine Ipswich will want a few bob for him and it sounds like he and Warne weren't best buddies after his transfer request, so I'm sceptical on this one. 

Ladapo plus a couple of mill in exchange for Knight….I would be tempted. I think he is just what we need.

Bidding big money on a player who will have no resale value. I doubt DC would allow that to happen at the club again. Most likely a lazy link.

I'm fine with Warne bringing in those peak footballers on freebies. We shouldn't be spending transfer fees on these kind of players though unless it's very small.

3 minutes ago, SSD said:

Bidding big money on a player who will have no resale value. I doubt DC would allow that to happen at the club again. Most likely a lazy link.

I'm fine with Warne bringing in those peak footballers on freebies. We shouldn't be spending transfer fees on these kind of players though unless it's very small.

I think resale value is seriously overrated, let’s get good quality players in who will get us up 😁

6 hours ago, Scott129 said:

Good player.

I would be uncomfortable with spending a significant amount of money on him though - he's another one that will have no resale value whatsoever.

We may only pay moderate fees this season. I've not seen any detail on what a "moderate fee" actually means but, at L1 level, I'd guess that to be £500K at the most. We won't be spending a "significant amount of money" on anybody in this or the next window. We can't.

I'd not be surprised if, come August 5th, Collo is still our only senior striker and I'd expect to see young Brown either up top alongside him or, if we play Collo as a lone striker, on the bench.