Freddie Ladapo - signed for Charlton on loan

Nuwtfly

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

When we talk about signing forwards I tend to set my standards much higher than those we are linked with - it’s going to be another interesting season 

Who are you thinking of?

6 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

We may only pay moderate fees this season. I've not seen any detail on what a "moderate fee" actually means but, at L1 level, I'd guess that to be £500K at the most. We won't be spending a "significant amount of money" on anybody in this or the next window. We can't.

I'd not be surprised if, come August 5th, Collo is still our only senior striker and I'd expect to see young Brown either up top alongside him or, if we play Collo as a lone striker, on the bench.

Well that's just semantics.

I would personally consider 500k to be a significant fee, especially considering the league we're in and how the majority of deals going on around us are either frees or loans.

I would not be surprised with that either, although I suspect Washington will come in.

13 hours ago, Scott129 said:

Well that's just semantics.

I would personally consider 500k to be a significant fee, especially considering the league we're in and how the majority of deals going on around us are either frees or loans.

I would not be surprised with that either, although I suspect Washington will come in.

Part of the point, which I didn't go into is what yardstick are they using to determine what "moderate" is? Is that relative to the fees clubs like Burton and Fleetwood etc can pay on their 3k to 4K gates? Relative to the average for L1? Relative to what Derby can afford. As I've posted in other threads on here, if I've understood last season's finances correctly, we have north of £6M in the bank. For us, paying £1.5M for Clarke-Harris could well be seen as moderate but it's around 30% of the entire budget of the 2 teams I mentioned earlier. What is "moderate". As stated in my my post to which you replied, we can only guess...

• 4 months later...
54 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Do we think FL might be a target again in January?

Ipswich are flying and he’s not a regular.

You’d think he’d be an obvious loan target if nothing else. Still, personally, wouldn’t really want much on a permanent given his age. 

16 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Gotta think of sell on value….even with a loan 😉

Not got anything to do with it, just we already have the older strikers, we don’t need another. I guess you could argue if Collins goes in the summer then it wouldn’t be so bad. But still, you’d ideally want your week-in week-out striker to be more prime age. 

17 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I would be fine with a loan if it can be done. He has played in half their games though, so think they would not want to weaken the squad.

Quite the opposite, In their position, I would be looking to strengthen the squad. That could mean looking to replace Ladapo with a better quality striker who will be able to perform in the premier league.

• 1 month later...