Jason Knight - joined Bristol City

IlsonDerby

36 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

£2m plus this full back, happy with that - Knight is a player who had a decent season in League One but nothing special, that's a LOT of money for someone like him. 

Dont think its that 

sounds more like 1.75 and then a price for wilson … separately 

9 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Warne’s comments from last week’s video were clearly on the back of a deal 95% done.

Warne seems to have a little trick of teasing news before it comes out. 

How many times did he say we were ‘close’ to signings knowing damn well they had already signed (was it Ward or Vickers that had already completed their first interview weeks before their reveal?). 

Even in his interview this week where he said he doesn’t expect to see Knight in the squad it may have been the price had already been agreed. 

It’s a shame for Derby and for knight, nothing against Bristol city at all but he deserves much higher than that really, I hope they go well with Pearson and knight and challenge for top 6 because he deserves that aswell as Roberts, they could be dark horses this year in the champ be nice to see a team without parachute payments go well again 

6 minutes ago, Topram said:

It’s a shame for Derby and for knight, nothing against Bristol city at all but he deserves much higher than that really, I hope they go well with Pearson and knight and challenge for top 6 because he deserves that aswell as Roberts, they could be dark horses this year in the champ be nice to see a team without parachute payments go well again 

Just out of interest, what do you think Knight deserves?

He was very average, in a team that failed to make the League One play offs.

Don't get me wrong, I like him but not sure he will ever make an impact at higher than Championship level.

24 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Warne seems to have a little trick of teasing news before it comes out. 

How many times did he say we were ‘close’ to signings knowing damn well they had already signed (was it Ward or Vickers that had already completed their first interview weeks before their reveal?). 

Even in his interview this week where he said he doesn’t expect to see Knight in the squad it may have been the price had already been agreed. 

Which is exactly what quite a few of us agreed.

35 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Don't get me wrong, I like him but not sure he will ever make an impact at higher than Championship level.

I get you he wasn’t a stand out in league one and I’m probably wrong saying he deserves better but thought he might get a better move

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The article says the the following;

“as the Robins squad flew to Austria last week for a training camp, technical director Brian Tinnion remained behind in Bristol to get the deal done.”

I take that as being that the people who negotiate the transfers (not Pearson and Warne) were doing so last week. The club has a valuation they set for Knight and Bristol have met that valuation. Regardless of what any of us fans think, the people in charge at Derby think it’s an acceptable amount. As mentioned the other day, I really don’t believe Warne saying what he did in a local press interview had any bearing on the transfer negotiations, I know you think otherwise. 

It says the offer was improved by 100-150k  That's derisory and I believe he fuelled it.  Others are welcome to believe that's not the case.

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

Grass is green, waters wet, Derby let a youngster go for peanuts.

Peanuts? Interested to know what you'd think he's worth...

He's 22 years old, wasn't really a stand-out player in League One, and averages about 3 goals per season. He doesn't have a role he's nailed down and has a year left on his contract.

I think he is a good player, but that price is fair. His international manager is obviously hammering in the need for him to play at a better level to continue his international career, which is having an impact. Just like with Bielik. Personally, I don't see how playing for Bristol City is going to propel him to the level that Ireland want him to be, as opposed to us, but each to their own.

If we re-invest the money well, then it's an excellent deal for us. He's a good player, but at this level, that sort of money needs to get you the difference between promotion and no promotion. Jason Knight isn't that player.

1 minute ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

It’s not derisory if they met the asking price.

Don’t you get it? Clowes and Pearce simply couldn’t negotiate the price any further with Bristol’s technical director because that no good so and so Warne undermined the whole process by giving his club sanctioned interview with the local media… 🙄 

52 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He deserves a move to a club who will make use of his 'engine' without that coming at the cost of developing the rest of his game.

We've spent the last 2 and a half to three years playing him positionally and tactically, whether through necessity or choice, in roles which do anything and everything but allow him to develop his skillset toward becoming a player who impacts games, and then blaming him when he doesn't make an impact, devaluing him, reducing him to naught but a dogsbody.

Unfortunately I'm not sure Pearson's Bristol will really be a team who do much different.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

I like him, as u say his energy is infectious.

A player that puts in that level of effort will always be loved by fans.

But (and this is under the caveat of that hes young with his best years ahead of him) but his prodcution is v average 

hes craig bryson without the goals and nigglyness. 

Hes not a rwb or rb .. we know, imo hes no where near good enough on the ball to considered the man in the hole, other that he can press, and press hard for 90 mins.

hes not a wide man as he neither possesses the pace or trickery to play there

his position is centrally where he can get a team up the pitch where he can get the ball on the turn and drive from deep.

Argubly a ball player like bird or CH can do that just by being a bit better on the ball though

sad to see him go but if it means we can bring in someone whos a better fit with production or who offers more obvious physical assets then ill be more than happy

reiterate the fact this is all in the knoweldge hes a good player for his age and will get a lot better 

its just right for all parties and wish him all the best and thank him for his services to our club

Knight scored 6 in his debut season (only 1808 minutes played) and is still only 22. Bryson only bettered that once, when in his prime at 27.