Pre-Season Friendlies 2023/24

Really looking forward to the trip to Matlock, actually. I was there earlier in the season with my pals from FC United and had an absolute belter. Looking forward to some scenic views, two-pinters in the sunshine and 2,500 fans packed into Causeway Lane - one of the most charming non-league grounds in the country. 

It doesn’t get much better, for me.

3 hours ago, Vimto Enjoyer said:

Really looking forward to the trip to Matlock, actually. I was there earlier in the season with my pals from FC United and had an absolute belter. Looking forward to some scenic views, two-pinters in the sunshine and 2,500 fans packed into Causeway Lane - one of the most charming non-league grounds in the country. 

It doesn’t get much better, for me.

Is that the away end mate

I wander if get over 3k derby fans.

On 15/05/2023 at 17:14, sage said:

Personally I go jam first if whipped cream, jam second if using clotted cream.

Whipped Cream on a Scone --sacrilege!

Clotted Cream is a form of butter. You wouldn't put Jam on your bread and then butter it, so why jam a Scone first!

P.S. I'm Devonian by birth

3 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Whipped Cream on a Scone --sacrilege!

Clotted Cream is a form of butter. You wouldn't put Jam on your bread and then butter it, so why jam a Scone first!

P.S. I'm Devonian by birth

As i mentioned earlier i am a fan of the Clot aka @Van der MoodHoover but occasionally whipped cream is foisted upon, a crime, but still edible.  

I agree when using clotted cream, its cream then jam. It's works better in terms of spreading.

Edited by sage

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

It’s definitely jam first, then cream. Spread the jam then dollop the cream on top. Remember, I do have the ability to issue permanent bans so be careful what you say on here. I take rule breaking very, very seriously.

Totally agree.

I'd like to see some viscosity stats for cream not sliding around if you try to spread jam on top of it. Big no no that! #jamfirst

3 hours ago, Kernow said:

It’s definitely jam first, then cream. Spread the jam then dollop the cream on top. Remember, I do have the ability to issue permanent bans so be careful what you say on here. I take rule breaking very, very seriously.

I'm prepared to put jam on top of clotted cream on Cambourne Hill.

I laugh in the face of rules

5 hours ago, Kernow said:

@Kernow is obviously Cornish. The Cornish invented the pasty by putting meat at one end and Jam at the other. So the question is do you trust their judgement on a scone?

P.S. I love Cornwall and am partial to a pint or two of Doombar.

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I like Leigh, but he's way off with his follow up tweet on how it's meant to be competitive for both clubs.

That is not true at all, it's a game where his team mates come back, have a kick about and raise money.

Feels like Forsyth has been shafted with this.

Dundee v 13/14 team would have made a lot of sense, this just stinks.

Disappointed with this, a testimonial should be a celebration, it should be fun, it should be a reflection of ten years' great service to the club with cameo appearances, tricky skills, some dodgy defending and improbable goals! 

None of those things come to mind when you think of Stoke's dour, physical football. They don't even like us and I can't imagine their fans entering into the spirit of the occasion.