Pre-Season Friendlies 2023/24

Paul Warne said they have been organised.

Last season the Rams kicked off their pre-season schedule away to League Two outfit Bradford City at Valley Parade on Saturday 9th July (3pm kick-off), before they hosted Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin at Pride Park Stadium on Saturday 16th July (4pm kick-off).

Three days later, the Rams took on League Two side Stevenage at the Lamex Stadium on Tuesday 19th July (7:30pm kick-off), before concluding their pre-season games with a home clash against Premier League outfit Leicester City at Pride Park Stadium on Saturday 23rd July (1pm kick-off).

The games were live on RamsTV.

Here’s hoping for some great fixtures and sunshine. ☀️

Whilst it may be nice for the fans, I’m hoping there are no games against foreign teams. I really don’t see what they do to help us prepare for another season in league 1. I reckon they should be against teams from the lower end of the championship or upper end of league 2. Maybe even Notts County away again. They may not be quite such glamorous games but preseason friendlies should be about preparation for the upcoming campaign not putting on a showcase for the supporters.

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Whilst it may be nice for the fans, I’m hoping there are no games against foreign teams. I really don’t see what they do to help us prepare for another season in league 1. I reckon they should be against teams from the lower end of the championship or upper end of league 2. Maybe even Notts County away again. They may not be quite such glamorous games but preseason friendlies should be about preparation for the upcoming campaign not putting on a showcase for the supporters.

Edit: I suppose games against random teams are better for match fitness than just more training but not (IMO) as useful as games against teams similar to those we’re likely to face in the league.

26 minutes ago, Srg said:

I get the feeling we will be going somewhere for a bit of a camp from what PW has said. Not sure if that will be UK or abroad though.

I'm sure on that Moment of Truth podcast he mentioned that he likes to take the players away to places like Iceland, rather than a sunny camp in Portugal or Spain.

41 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I'm sure on that Moment of Truth podcast he mentioned that he likes to take the players away to places like Iceland, rather than a sunny camp in Portugal or Spain.

Iceland? I wondered why  the players were singing "Freezer a jolly good fella, freezer a jolly good fella....." to Paul Warne at the end of season awards ceremony. 

download(7).jpeg.fa671060ac1ea0d67928bade85e49933.jpeg

7 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Love a Notts County away friendly.  So many decent pubs and a train from Lanky Bill if they're running 

Were would everyone like to go for pre season this season.

Me personal I would not mind going to lower leagues games that not been to before.

Such as heanor town as my old college was right next to it.

Or would not mind belber town as not been there yet.

But were else would you guys like to go.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Were would everyone like to go for pre season this season.

Me personal I would not mind going to lower leagues games that not been to before.

Such as heanor town as my old college was right next to it.

Or would not mind belber town as not been there yet.

But were else would you guys like to go.

Anywhere as long as it's not abroad.

Too soon?

13 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

What do you mean by jam?

Scones

Cornish people put jam on then cream, whereas people from Devon go cream then jam.

Personally I go jam first if whipped cream, jam second if using clotted cream. I have both feet planted in the Tamar.