Summer Rumour Mill

sage

46 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Agreed - Fornah and John-Jules were important to bolstering the squad. We now seem to have a plethora of options despite the injuries. Vaulks makes a lot of sense - a high end performer in League One who can fill a number of positions.

One or two more would be nice, of course. Vaulks would be a smart pick up. Realistically speaking, we now have enough bodies within the squad. We just need to find a solution within them. 

I like how we have six players - Rooney, Wilson, Fornah, Thompson, Sibley & John-Jules - now coming of age looking to nail down a first team spot. These six in particular are critical to pushing the experienced pros throughout the season. We've got what feels like a decent mix and now we've got to focus on enhancing performances within the group. I would personally like Vaulks to come in - I feel that he can compliment the likes of Hourihane, Bird, Thomoson and Fornah really well.

I have an awful feeling that this is just going to be one of those seasons for Sibs when it’s injury after injury and he doesn’t get any sort of run in the team … even off the bench. Think this could be dangerous for him career-wise as his development seemed to have stalked a bit beforehand anyway..

If we are trying to sign say Ladapo & Vaulks but there are hurdles to overcome. As in Ipswich and Sheff Weds need to sign a replacement before they let Ladapo/Vaulks go (at the time of Barker's interview Scarlett to Ipswich wasn't announced)

Sheffield Wednesday have put loan bids in for Isaac Hayden and Jeff Hendrick. If that gets done then you'd think that would free up Vaulks.

Barker has rightly tempered expectations by stating we have a couple of irons in the fire. Which would make sense for both of the players above. But we are relying on their clubs signing replacements before they go. Which obviously Richie Barker cannot guarantee.

So rather than coming out saying yes we will definitely have two in (then if it fails the meltdown of some of our fans will be epic) he has said look we've got a couple of irons in the fire. Might happen, might not.

And also quite rightly that unless they improve us when the injured players are back and we have a full squad then there's no point.

I think Vaulks and Ladapo would improve us.

But failing that and we don't sign anyone. Warne has already said he could utilise the free agent market.

Let's see what happens.

44 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Free agents can be signed after the deadline too right? So if there are a couple out there Warne has met who are holding out for champ moves, they could be added after the deadline.

Barker makes a very valid point that the deadline being tomorrow night is stupid. Lots of clubs and their players will have travelled for games etc, the deadline should be tonight 

Yes pal, think those free agents might get snapped up as panic buys from championship clubs, think most clubs have struggled this market, we’ve not done bad, I’d of liked another attacking mid but can’t be to picky, never thought of that it is a joke it’s tomorrow players will refuse to travel etc I bet 

15 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Squad is looking a good size these days, maybe lacking in quality but feel that to bring anymore in will require others to go out.

Is there a loan window anymore?

Heard Barks is of interest to Burton. 

Sibley and Bird won’t be fit for a while. Think two more signings would put us in the right place without anymore leaving. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Vaulks would be a good addition though a creative midfielder would have been nice.

If I was Barkhuisen I think I’d be looking for a move. Can’t really see regular football for him at Derby.

Equally, Barkhuizen has more than enough ability to stake a claim - just needs to consistently prove it.

Just now, Blondest Goat said:

You're assuming the manager gives him a chance.

Warne isn’t adverse to giving people a chance, but he’s definitely got old fashioned values when it comes to how he wants people to earn it. 

If Barkhuizen was the hardest trainer throughout the week and he was the fittest player going into a game then he would get a chance. Warne just isn’t one to throw players into games if they aren’t fit enough which is why I suspect Elder is having a long bedding in period. 

44 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Heard Barks is of interest to Burton. 

Sibley and Bird won’t be fit for a while. Think two more signings would put us in the right place without anymore leaving. 

Sibley due to train next week according to the assistant manager….

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-injury-update-sibley-8718324

3 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Possibly thinking of Zaid Al-Hussaini who appeared in 2018 (and didn't amount to anything)?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/zaid-al-hussaini/profil/spieler/619579

That's the one... cheers! 

Edited by Carnero
Ps. How the heck did you remember him from the vague info that I said 😂 👏