Summer Rumour Mill

sage

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

We have been linked with a Arsneal player swiss international begins with a X but I cant spell his name.

58 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

B4, this account is a joke account on Twitter, they make up transfer rumours that are (in theory) too hard to believe;

We are NOT going to be signing a Swiss International midfielder who has played games week in week out during Arsenal’s premier league title challenge and is likely moving to a big club in Germany when his contract expires. Don’t believe everything you see on Twitter. 

If thats the rumour you have believed @B4ev6is, it’s time to delete Twitter and just wait for signings that appear on the club website. Seriously.

I could write on Twitter that we’re signing Neil Armstrong and building a stadium on the Moon, it would be on par with the “link” above.

Have a word with yourself mate.

I love a good rumour, but I blocked that Twitter page this morning the moment I saw the post.

I would have thought the B&Q bit would be a bit of a giveaway though...everyone knows Xhaka went to Wickes for his Granite work tops.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

Just now, jimtastic56 said:

Walker and Waghorn have been released by Coventry. Ben Osborn has his Sunday dinners at Bartlewood Lodge so if someone could ask him what he knows at the weekend.

I wouldn't be surprised to see interest in Walker or at least a conversation. A decent track record at this level. 

On 29/05/2023 at 10:22, Gerry Daly said:

IF Cashin is staying, we still need another two central defenders as well as 2 wing backs if we are going 3 at the back . Fozzie only played central last season because we had nobody else, Chester had been pencilled in to play and Curtis wasn't fit either. Rooney isn't quite ready to play week in week out and at the moment we don't have Roberts. I think we will get Roberts but I'm not sure if he will play in the 3 or at wing back  

I think Rooney will step up. He made occasional errors but I can’t remember him having a bad game. On top of that he’s got physical presence 

Just bumped into Old Trampie in the outer recesses of my mind. You’ll be pleased to know he’s been happily ensconced in a romantic interlude with a tea lady in someone else’s head for the last eighteen months but he’s back for at least a couple of weeks. As long as I keep him in cheap cider.

Anyway, it seems he’s been keeping his ears and eyes open…

Apparently, given the play off result yesterday Trampie’s is swearing on a can of White Lightning that Derby are planning to contact Barnsley about the availability of Kitching and Anderson. Kitching is now our number one target and Warne see’s Kitching as the central defender leader to lead the Rams to glory in this division and the one above. Initial bid will rise to a Barker sized fee with add ons, but this does represent roughly half of our transfer budget / war chest.

Anderson is the more achievable, with the player keen on the move and would provide height and steel alongside Harding as Warne is fearful of playing Harding and Cashin in the same back three as neither are six footers. Trampie expects us to drive a hard bargain on this one though. Meaning that both transfers require ‘work’ and could drag on later into the window.

The oracle has spoken.

2 minutes ago, MarsdenRam said:

How much of this is just agents trying to create interest?

That’s a good point. Didn’t Mel stop dealing with Agents? They are good at playing teams off against each other and getting the best deal for their client. But McGoldrick seems quite capable of doing it himself.