Summer Rumour Mill

sage

11 hours ago, vonwright said:

(All this talk of Plange, Ebiowei and Ebosele having underperformed - not to mention Knight, Bird and Sibley - just makes it all the more remarkable how well we did in our relegation season. A tiny squad of maybe-not-as-good-as-we-thought players got enough points for a lower mid-table finish.)

Yes I think @Rich84 summed it up so well above "it was a unique set of circumstances with an obviously inspiring figurehead as manager". An emotional rollercoaster season for everyone - perhaps they havent kicked on as expected because of that. 

7 hours ago, S8TY said:

Yeah it is sour I guess tarnished maybe by the running battles in the streets outside kenilworth road back in the 80s after big Dave Swindlehurst scored a very late double to secure a 2-1 win we were second they were top 

ive never seen so many horrible nasty t**** as the blokes that day throwing milk bottles from peoples doorsteps in the terraced streets into groups of derby fans a lot of families and youngsters frightened for there life loads of blood on peoples faces that day that’s what I remember and before you say was ages ago blahdy blah not clubs fault yahdy yah ...it happened a few times as both home and away come out the same exit onto the terraced housed streets and although I loved the game I literally had to fight my way to the station and it was carnage and not nice ...big so called hard men picking on kids me included at 15.... nice 

it’s a s******* area and the ground is crap as are the fans and yeah they are two bob club and I couldn’t give a monkies about there loyal fans 

so yeah kinda sour I guess 

Yeah, but apart from that…..

8 hours ago, S8TY said:

Yeah it is sour I guess tarnished maybe by the running battles in the streets outside kenilworth road back in the 80s after big Dave Swindlehurst scored a very late double to secure a 2-1 win we were second they were top 

ive never seen so many horrible nasty t**** as the blokes that day throwing milk bottles from peoples doorsteps in the terraced streets into groups of derby fans a lot of families and youngsters frightened for there life loads of blood on peoples faces that day that’s what I remember and before you say was ages ago blahdy blah not clubs fault yahdy yah ...it happened a few times as both home and away come out the same exit onto the terraced housed streets and although I loved the game I literally had to fight my way to the station and it was carnage and not nice ...big so called hard men picking on kids me included at 15.... nice 

it’s a s******* area and the ground is crap as are the fans and yeah they are two bob club and I couldn’t give a monkies about there loyal fans 

so yeah kinda sour I guess 

Meanwhile, the saintly ascended beings of the DLF progress naturally to Nirvana, for as much as the trees and stars they have a right to be there

34 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Well we know that Warne was at their PO Final.

Didn't realise he was 26 though - I thought he was a bit of a wonderkid!

Chap I know has being watching him regular for a few years.  Reckons he's not the best in that division against the better sides where he goes missing for long periods of matches and will struggle at League 2.  Reckons the guy whose got a lot of goals could do well as he's quick.

11 minutes ago, jono said:

This thread is MUCH more fun than the transfer forum 🤣

just saying x 

Bet Didsy stays and if Knight and Cashin get nabbed we’ll get decent add ons, but they won’t. They will give us one more go. 

Happy Clappy is the way forward 

now I am tempted to add in Ebiowe and Feste but even I’m not that deluded

Thanks for saying just saying 😁

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Thanks for saying just saying 😁

I’m sorry, I  couldn’t help myself. A senior moment down with the kids clichee… but those things always need an out, just saying. It’s a bit like “Harry Potter gave Dobbie a sock. “ 

Right then, I like our squad, bit short on defenders and in dire need of an energetic killer striker. Sort that and we’re going up .. so gimme some rumours and gossip 🤣

Edited by jono

4 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Not a credible source so thought I’d put it on here. 

IMG_2521.png

Has anyone seen him play much and do we think he has what it takes to step up? I thought he was impressive in the play off final but this only one game I've seen him play.

1 minute ago, Ram1988 said:

Has anyone seen him play much and do we think he has what it takes to step up? I thought he was impressive in the play off final but this only one game I've seen him play.

Thing is, anyone we sign will be a risk .

Either young and unproven or older and injury prone.

Some will rise to the top, some will disappear into obscurity.

C’est la vie.