NEW KIT

REDCAR

My fave topic before the start of a new season… love all the ideas, mock ups and banter regarding new kit (black & white or blue & white, red numbers etc)… kits of old, Puma, Kappa 

I’ll get my crayons out and do a visual soon to whet the appetite.

Edited by REDCAR

How long does Umbro have left on their desk? Would like to see a bit of a change after a few years now. Some really nice kits being produced from the likes of Macron (not the French president) and Kappa recently, wouldn’t mind one of those but I have a feeling Umbro have at least 1 more year yet.

It’s also going to be interesting to see what kind of sponsor we go for given that Clowes seems to be a lot more interested in the way he wants the Club to portray itself rather than just taking whoever offers the most.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

It’s also going to be interesting to see what kind of sponsor we go for given that Clowes seems to be a lot more interested in the way he wants the Club to portray itself rather than just taking whoever offers the most.

I’ve heard new sponsor is already sorted. Prototype shirt below:

IMG_3571.jpeg

4 hours ago, Kernow said:

How long does Umbro have left on their desk? Would like to see a bit of a change after a few years now. Some really nice kits being produced from the likes of Macron (not the French president) and Kappa recently, wouldn’t mind one of those but I have a feeling Umbro have at least 1 more year yet.

Please, no, not Kappa! I still have PTSD from having to watch us play in that skin-tight Thunderbirds-esque number from a few years ago.

Anyway, I think this year's kit might be a particularly good one. There are tiers to which teams get allocated a certain standard of kit (a move away from the pre-fab templates, the overall quality receives an upgrade, potential for additional details like a woven jacquard in the fabric etc.) These are based on budget and potential revenue, and I think we'll be promoted to one of the higher tiers.

To add to this, I've heard on the grapevine that Derby have historically been pretty difficult to deal with under the old regime, with the club vetoing any design that deviated from the basic black and white, always opting for the "safe" option. I hope this is no longer the case!

Edited by Vimto Enjoyer

Just now, Vimto Enjoyer said:

Please, no, not Kappa! I still have PTSD from having to watch us play in that skin-tight Thunderbirds-esque number from a few years ago.

Anyway, I think this year's kit might be a particularly good one. There are tiers to which teams get allocated a certain standard of kit (a move away from the pre-fab templates, the overall quality receives an upgrade, potential for additional details like a woven jacquard in the fabric etc.) These are based on budget and potential revenue, and I think we'll be promoted to one of the higher tiers.

Think Kappa seem to be a lot better recently. I haven’t worn a football shirt in years though so I just want something that’ll look good on the players whilst lifting a League 1 trophy.

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Think Kappa seem to be a lot better recently. I haven’t worn a football shirt in years though so I just want something that’ll look good on the players whilst lifting a League 1 trophy.

Yeah, they're not for me either.

26 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

White socks.

The real reason we didn't get promoted was we had black socks for the home kit.

.......and why not provide a variety of sizes so players don't have to take a stanley knife to them in order to get them on?

image.png.e85203cbf67041969c0b35604102282e.png

Perhaps there could be a fishnet version?

7 hours ago, REDCAR said:

My fave topic before the start of a new season… love all the ideas, mock ups and banter regarding new kit (black & white or blue & white, red numbers etc)… kits of old, Puma, Kappa 

I’ll get my crayons out and do a visual soon to whet the appetite.

White shirts with black edging and flashing - but thin white lines around the neck and cuffs please. Together with Black shorts with white flashing. Black socks with a few thin white lines at the top. Numbers can be black or red (as a compromise).

I'd like black shirts as the away kit please, reverse of the home shirt, white shorts with black flashing

3rd strip a royal or navy blue - but may need something a bit more different to the black away kit i suppose.

Blue shorts and red numbers were OK, but that is in the past.

Thank you. When can I expect delivery?

I like, although take off the radiating dots and the led lights in the numbers and you have a winner.

maybe the brown, blue gold of the original retro shirt as some sort of flashing on the shoulder in a zig zag pattern. Bit like the centenary Bass shirt. But discrete.

For me, less is more