Knight, Bird and Sibley

Bris Vegas

16 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's not been 'massive' for us, so if we can get a decent fee that's good.

I think anything less than £2.5/3m for a full international should be rejected. If he leaves for free then so be it. The time of us getting shafted on transfers should be over.

I also think he’d probably be wise to do a ‘matty cash’ and make the transition from midfielder to Wingback as he’s got a huge engine for it, loads of technical ability and I think a steady championship CM could be a steady lower prem RWB with the right training. 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Me and Hourihane scored a combined 7

The point is, CM isn't the area we need to improve in terms of goals.

Ipswich's breakdown of goal contributions (and players used) being:

GK - 0 (2)

CB - 12 (5)

WB - 38 (5)

CM - 20 (6)

F - 91 (10)

Compare that to us:

GK - 0 (1)

CB - 6 (6)

WB - 9 (3)

CM - 22 (4)

F - 75 (8)

We need wing backs who can play that killer ball into the box, and we also need more depth upfront. A few extra goals from out CBs would be helpful too.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The point is, CM isn't the area we need to improve in terms of goals.

Ipswich's breakdown of goal contributions (and players used) being:

GK - 0 (2)

CB - 12 (5)

WB - 38 (5)

CM - 20 (6)

F - 91 (10)

Compare that to us:

GK - 0 (1)

CB - 6 (6)

WB - 9 (3)

CM - 22 (4)

F - 75 (8)

We need wing backs who can play that killer ball into the box, and we also need more depth upfront. A few extra goals from out CBs would be helpful too.

I know I know - I was joking. We just need goals from everywhere rather than relying on McG. 

Cashin is the player I'd keep before any of those 3 tbh.

They are in League 1 and just don't stand out. A younger Jude Bellingham is striding around the European stage so 'if you're good enough you're old enough' and none of them have really kicked on in the last 2 or 3 seasons for me.

Bird's weak finish when he had a decent chance yesterday sums him up. Neat and tidy but pretty lightweight and just doesn't impact a game enough.

Knight is solid and reliable but hasn't shown the skill to rise above being a good utility player and Sibley is frustratingly hot and cold, and hasn't shown the end product to grab a role in the positions  upfront where it matters.

I wouldn't cry my eyes out if they all left. Decent servants who may go on to have better careers elsewhere but just haven't shown enough to be indispensable. 

T V money next year will be around £1.2 mill. That will pay our top 2 earners . Ticket sales will just about cover the rest. For Warne to bring in 4 decent players , some will have to go. Do we get value for money out of the “Fab Four” ( Bird,Knight , Cashin and Sibley ). Tough decisions to be made.

The truth is that all three have looked nothing more than steady League One players this season. None have stood out, to put it bluntly.

Jason Knight has shown that technically he can’t separate himself from players in this division. He’s got a big engine, can run a lot, but he just doesn’t have enough quality. I thought he could’ve been a difference maker in this league, I expected him to, but he’s not even been close. 

Bird has more quality but just hasn’t been able to put his stamp on games. He continues to be too passive too often - he’s still playing football like a 18 year old trying to make his way in the game. He hasn’t really developed much in terms of presence and impact on games.

Sibley, I fear, is going to become a cautionary tale. The best young player I’ve seen for Derby, watching him develop throughout the academy you would’ve thought there was absolutely no way this kid wasn’t going to be a star - he had everything. I’d like to see him move on to a good club who could develop him, because it isn’t going to happen for him here. 

All three can move on for me, providing the funds can be reinvested, but I wouldn’t expect good money based on their body of work this season. 

If im being honest ive never ever seen what people see in jason knight , whats the use of tanking around the pitch all day if you dont do nothing with it . 

Sibley not good enough .

Bird to lightweight and not good enough 

Hourihane for me has been a disgrace .

Cashin is respectable and has quality but he is just to damn slow , sell if offer comes in . Just keep 3  McGoldrick, roberts and Wildesmith 

Honestly if any of them were (say) 28 or 29 and they hadn't come through the youth system, we wouldn't be devastated to see them go if we got decent money and could reinvest the fees.

I'm sure they can all still get better, but they aren't kids any more and none of them look likely to make a major breakthrough. None of them looked far too good for League One (far from it). 

I suspect if they do go it'll be for a lot less than most of us like to think.

That said, if we can't spent the money there's absolutely no point getting rid. We need a bigger squad, not a smaller one. 

10 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Honestly if any of them were (say) 28 or 29 and they hadn't come through the youth system, we wouldn't be devastated to see them go if we got decent money and could reinvest the fees.

I'm sure they can all still get better, but they aren't kids any more and none of them look likely to make a major breakthrough. None of them looked far too good for League One (far from it). 

I suspect if they do go it'll be for a lot less than most of us like to think.

That said, if we can't spent the money there's absolutely no point getting rid. We need a bigger squad, not a smaller one. 

The point of letting go is , they have a mindset there bogged down with basically failure and use to it , you need to change that in the dressing room and only way is new players .

2 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

If im being honest ive never ever seen what people see in jason knight , whats the use of tanking around the pitch all day if you dont do nothing with it . 

Sibley not good enough .

Cashin is respectable and has quality but he is just to damn slow , sell if offer comes in . Just keep 3  McGoldrick, roberts and Wildesmith 

Hourihane was in team of the season… 

3 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Sibley not good enough .

Sure. 7 goals and 10 assists. An absolute disgrace. 😀