Knight, Bird and Sibley

Bris Vegas

12 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

I dunno - I saw it the same as Jram in that it looked a bit more than that. It had a look of 'au revoir' about it for me.

Unless he goes for £3m (which transforms our summer signings (but is unlikely)) I sincerely hope we keep him. Proper grafter.

So you too think the restrictions will be lifted so we can sign players Raich 😁

12 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

You have to be kidding me all 3 are not good enough !!.

Wildesmith and Mcgoldrick and poss that haydon roberts i would keep all the rest can simply go . A few are just to old now Sorry curtis and craig forsyth both the latter good players but past their best .

Mr Curtis Davies is def a future rams manager .

But first let Mr Warne clear the garbage for next season , next season get promoted the money returns .

A wise rams fan right now would be backing for promotion NOT autos to much of a risk with a cheap squad . But warne will sign players in midfield with bite and players that can run and players that are around their mid 20's . 

Its NOT DOOM AND GLOOM !!

You will look back and at today and say thank god soon enough !! . 

He said in his after match interview that he hopes to keep the majority of the squad together, I can’t see sweeping changes.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's not been 'massive' for us, so if we can get a decent fee that's good.

I’d be surprised if we get much for him.  I think the dollar signs I for one had in my eyes when that U18 team won the league has not really materialised but, in fairness, that’s more to do with the clubs situation 

I’d be happy with 2 million for him

Out of our academy products:

Knight will go and should. He’s a full international, he should be playing Championship football at a minimum. He goes with our best wishes. 

Time to part ways with Sibley, fresh start for both.

Bird….still not seeing captain material. Needs some nasty/experience around him.

Cashin. Keep. Prob best performance this season from him. I fear he’ll have suitors though. 

14 minutes ago, Jram said:

I’d be surprised if we get much for him.  I think the dollar signs I for one had in my eyes when that U18 team won the league has not really materialised but, in fairness, that’s more to do with the clubs situation 

That's what I'd call a decent fee, with sell-on percentage.

23 minutes ago, Jram said:

Yeh I think our most talented youngsters all went for magic beans when the academy got gutted. The likes of Bird, Knight and Sibley are ok players with Bird and knight putting in a lot of good performances in particular, but I don't think we'll have many teams biting our hands off to take them. Maybe a lower end Prem team might take a punt on Knight, but Championship at best for the other two. 

If we got £2 mill for any of them I'd be delighted at this stage.

Knight is a player who can't or won't be played in his best position, out wide isn't him, think he will be off.  

Sibley is like knight in that positional issue, probably needs a fresh start elsewhere

Bird needs to add a nasty side to him in this league, bit too lightweight and doesn't tackle enough but think he will stay 

Need to negotiate a fee for bielik to utilize his wages if we can spend them on another note....

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

Yeh I think our most talented youngsters all went for magic beans when the academy got gutted. The likes of Bird, Knight and Sibley are ok players with Bird and knight putting in a lot of good performances in particular, but I don't think we'll have many teams biting our hands off to take them. Maybe a lower end Prem team might take a punt on Knight, but Championship at best for the other two. 

If we got £2 mill for any of them I'd be delighted at this stage.

I believe we turned down a bid of £4 million for Bird from Burnley in January - we couldn’t spend any of it even if we had sold him 

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I believe we turned down a bid of £4 million for Bird from Burnley in January - we couldn’t spend any of it even if we had sold him 

Why can't we? I could be wrong, but my understanding is that we can spend on transfer fees, but we have to sell players to do it

22 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Really? I’d be be surprised if we got that for him. I really rate Bird and think his ceiling is high but I’d be surprised if his stats impressed the still lazy scouting networks in football. 

31 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I would have snatched Burnley’s hands off and put the money in our “War Chest”. We need a midfield player that can tackle and score more than one goal a season . 

24 minutes ago, Jram said:

Really? I’d be be surprised if we got that for him. I really rate Bird and think his ceiling is high but I’d be surprised if his stats impressed the still lazy scouting networks in football. 

Ipswich scored 101 league goals this season. Their CM duo scored only 7 of those whilst Bird and Hourihane scored a combined 8.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ipswich scored 101 league goals this season. Their CM duo scored only 7 of those whilst Bird and Hourihane scored a combined 8.

Mostly Hourihane.   

Would be disappointed to lose Bird but feel we may as well get what we can for Knight as he doesn't have enough end product and for unknown reasons Sibley never gets a fair crack of the whip and deserves to be given a chance somewhere else.

Edited by Blondest Goat