Knight, Bird and Sibley

Bris Vegas

57 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

'Acute'? Seriously....

Pass from NML was overhit, so when he caught up with it he's got two choices : try to clip it back across the keeper, or control it, shift it onto his left and then beat both keeper and defender. I'm wondering why NML didn't track the defender's run more than why Bird chose to shoot with his weaker foot.

IMG_20230508_161805178-01.thumb.jpeg.d527f1ffd782dc77b14f986ee0f1ef20.jpeg

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Pass from NML was overhit, so when he caught up with it he's got two choices : try to clip it back across the keeper, or control it, shift it onto his left and then beat both keeper and defender. I'm wondering why NML didn't track the defender's run more than why Bird chose to shoot with his weaker foot.

You want your midfielder to be shooting hard and low from there. It's hardly ever Birdy's first thought unlike if it had been Sibbo there.

7 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

If im being honest ive never ever seen what people see in jason knight , whats the use of tanking around the pitch all day if you dont do nothing with it . 

Sibley not good enough .

Bird to lightweight and not good enough 

Hourihane for me has been a disgrace .

Cashin is respectable and has quality but he is just to damn slow , sell if offer comes in . Just keep 3  McGoldrick, roberts and Wildesmith 

wtf GIF

27 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You want your midfielder to be shooting hard and low from there. It's hardly ever Birdy's first thought unlike if it had been Sibbo there.

Hard and low, on his weaker right foot (same difference for Sibley), with his body pointing towards the corner flag, without taking a touch? He shot first time anyway and beat the keeper, but not the covering defender, so let's get rid because some fans have been on his case all season?

Come to think of it, why would he want to stay?

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Hard and low, on his weaker right foot (same difference for Sibley), with his body pointing towards the corner flag, without taking a touch? He shot first time anyway and beat the keeper, but not the covering defender, so let's get rid because some fans have been on his case all season?

Come to think of it, why would he want to stay?

Where did I say that - you just want to take pops at posters who don't agree with your viewpoint? Look where he is in the box, he should be wanting to shoot.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Where did I say that - you just want to take pops at posters who don't agree with your viewpoint? Look where he is in the box, he should be wanting to shoot.

I'm referring to other posters with the same criticism as you who've also said "get rid".

Don't you class that as a shot though?

4 hours ago, Crewton said:

It was actually less acute than I recalled. 

He could take it closer and slip it in low, or shift it to his left foot or lob the keeper, or take his time and slip NML in... or instead weakly pea-roll it with no conviction in the general direction of the goal.

He certainly wasn't the only one at fault so that's not really my point. I'm just saying I had no belief he would score, none at all...and I'm not sure he did. In my frustrated state of mind it epitomised his safety first mentality, lack of top-drawer skill or class to chip it, or ability to do something different or even to just bloody blast it.

Look obviously it doesn't sum him up, I totally get that.. but it did for me in that moment. 

47 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

It was actually less acute than I recalled. 

He could take it closer and slip it in low, or shift it to his left foot or lob the keeper, or take his time and slip NML in... or instead weakly pea-roll it with no conviction in the general direction of the goal.

He certainly wasn't the only one at fault so that's not really my point. I'm just saying I had no belief he would score, none at all...and I'm not sure he did. In my frustrated state of mind it epitomised his safety first mentality, lack of top-drawer skill or class to chip it, or ability to do something different or even to just bloody blast it.

Look obviously it doesn't sum him up, I totally get that.. but it did for me in that moment. 

What a still doesn't show is he is running away from goal at an angle when he strikes it. If he had dragged it back onto his left the defender would probably have got to him. I think he did the right thing but didn't get enough pace on it.

The pass was worse than the shot.