Forest Green Rovers (A) Friday 7th April, 3pm KO

2 minutes ago, Miggins said:

We can look at this negatively or positively. I think we should have won more convincingly, but it's 3 points and I think we played well. Let's celebrate a win. Well done to players and fans.

My thoughts exactly. We needed the win, and got it. 3 points on the road, no goals conceded, Chester back from injury, no other injuries and a couple of rested bodies, Collins and McGoldrick scoring (they all count)….so hopefully a good confidence boost going into Monday. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

Well done Rams. Avoided a banana skin today. Shame about Peterborough winning though, and Bolton. But provided we get enough wins we should make the play offs. 

Yes.  It was a scrappy hard fought win, the others will drop points, although not strictly true, you feel that our fate is still in our own hands.  Good to see The Wendies dropping into the playoff positions, would rather play them than Ipswich….

20 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Winning whilst playing poorly means it can only can better…. right? 🙏 

Would be lovely to think yippee we won 3 points who cares if we win ugly. Lots of people will be saying that. But so long as we still haven’t found a shape and style that creates a team that exceeds the sum of the parts, I don’t see how we go up. And the frustrating thing is this: look at those ‘parts’; in Knight, Bird, White, McGoldrick, Forsyth and Cashin we have players who are decent/strong players in the championship any day of the week.  Exactly half of those players didn’t even start today ! 

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I'm thinking autos...

Congratulations, your faux fur rabbit foot charm is in the post along with an inclusive free horseshoe made in China from genuine baseball ground railings*.    (*or used slot machine parts depending on availability) . AND for you only … a genuine “lucky 4 leaf clover” manufactured in special ecological ABS ( otherwise known as greenish looking plastic)

Great to get a win finally, still long way to go but if we manage to snatch a play off place now it will feel like we have everything to win and nothing to lose. That's a great feeling. COYR keep it up!

On a side note, nice to see Cashin back at his solid self again. Think he had a good game with some nice play. Also Bird looked more up to it in his brief spell on the pitch which is very positive.

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Would be lovely to think yippee we won 3 points who cares if we win ugly. Lots of people will be saying that. But so long as we still haven’t found a shape and style that creates a team that exceeds the sum of the parts, I don’t see how we go up. And the frustrating thing is this: look at those ‘parts’; in Knight, Bird, White, McGoldrick, Forsyth and Cashin we have players who are decent/strong players in the championship any day of the week.  Exactly half of those players didn’t even start today ! 

They didn’t start and yet we still won. There is a serious mini cup completion coming, Warne is rotating when he can because it’s intelligent to do so. Those players will be key if we have play off battles. Today we are still in that fight and they are fully charged for Monday.