Fit refs, we always get fit refs.....

IronRam 140.6

17 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It can't be long until woman are allowed to play in the men's league.

It would seem strange that woman are able to commentate on, offer punditry on TV and now officiate a sport that they aren't allowed to compete in .

It doesn’t matter how much we might think it’s a great idea to be that inclusive, men and women are not physically able to be equal. Mentally yes, physically not at all. 

9 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

It doesn’t matter how much we might think it’s a great idea to be that inclusive, men and women are not physically able to be equal. Mentally yes, physically not at all. 

Does that matter? Is Tommo as physically able as players like Kazim and Davies? They were both playing Championship football last season.
It wouldn't be likely to see a female compete with the elite men's level, but couldn't the best female play for a lower league side? Even if it's non-league, some females will be better footballers than the men.

When our youths play against non-league teams, the difference in physicality is often apparent. I'd expect exactly the same issues if women ever played at that level, unless the laws of the game were radically changed. 

Well in the past, I've played indoor football when good female players were involved, on the understanding that we played a "non-contact" game. Under those conditions, they weren't out of place at all. 

13 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Most of the women I know in similar positions of seniority say the same. Until we get rid of "targets" for things like gender diversity we can't claim there's true equality is their view.

And they're absolutely right (as well as being talented individuals).

There are loads of crap male refs and will prob be same for female refs the more they come into the game. Does not matter what gender you are as long as you are good.

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

When our youths play against non-league teams, the difference in physicality is often apparent. I'd expect exactly the same issues if women ever played at that level, unless the laws of the game were radically changed. 

Well in the past, I've played indoor football when good female players were involved, on the understanding that we played a "non-contact" game. Under those conditions, they weren't out of place at all. 

When our youths play against non-league teams, it's a team full of young, inexperienced, small and typically not very muscular players.

You have those types of players in amongst an experienced and strong team all the time. It's called balance.

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

When our youths play against non-league teams, it's a team full of young, inexperienced, small and typically not very muscular players.

You have those types of players in amongst an experienced and strong team all the time. It's called balance.

When a female player starts playing in men's football regularly, we'll perhaps revisit this debate, but when we have many threads bemoaning the way our players have often been "outmuscled", it seems unlikely to be anytime soon. We might see how realistic you're being if/when Transwomen are permitted to play in women's football. 

Edited by Crewton

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Does that matter? Is Tommo as physically able as players like Kazim and Davies? They were both playing Championship football last season.
It wouldn't be likely to see a female compete with the elite men's level, but couldn't the best female play for a lower league side? Even if it's non-league, some females will be better footballers than the men.

But these small, less developed players aren’t usually thrown into experienced teams, they’re carefully managed and slowly integrated. They grow older, fitter, more muscular etc. 

women don’t do that, they aren’t biologically able to match men with their physique 

On 01/03/2023 at 15:03, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Some of the comments in this thread are absolutely rank btw. I don't expect the female forum members will find it particularly pleasant reading.

On 01/03/2023 at 16:53, Ewe Ram said:

I’m female and I’ve got a sense of humour about these things. We’re not allowed to have a bit of banter? 

Ha ha absolutely brilliant!

But in all seriousness, us men will tell you women when its acceptable to laugh at sexist jokes.

Edited by G STAR RAM

Definitely the best ref we’ve had this season, physically fit and actually able to keep up with play which the majority of her male counterparts seem unable to do. Let the game flow, used her cards when she needed to, always had the game under control. Her Linos were s*** sadly, and she didn’t really clamp down on the time wasting but no male ref has done that this season.

She was excellent and hopefully the trailblazer for other female refs to follow her. Sadly I don’t think she’ll be at this level for long, she’ll be fast tracked to the prem and when she’s not reffing she can get in Stockley Park and sort those VAR idiots out. 

Women's football is awesome and I love watching it. Just as I love watching women's Tennis . Nobody in Tennis is ever thinking of merging the two games though, maybe only on pay, so women's and men's football should just coexist together and compliment each other.

I think it's great female officials are becoming more and more commonplace  in the men's game though. I would go so far as to say they are going to be better than a lot of male refs at this level just because they would have more rigorous tests ect just to prove themselves being female. 

We have had some laughably bad male refs at PP this season. Embarrassingly so.

On 01/03/2023 at 09:21, Hans Datdo-Dishes said:

I agree that gender shouldn't be an issue and we should judge on the ability of the referee. Anyway, considering the ref last night, marks out of 2...

I'd give her 1.

FWlg_dJXwAAuj-L.jpg

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm not speaking for anyone, although I'd be willing to bet more women found this thread depressing than funny.

Glad someone said it. This thread is a microcosm of the issue of women both partaking in football and attending it. I'm not about to get offended on someone else's behalf, because there's far too much of that in the world right now, just think we can do better here.

4 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm not speaking for anyone, although I'd be willing to bet more women found this thread depressing than funny.

4 hours ago, Srg said:

Glad someone said it. This thread is a microcosm of the issue of women both partaking in football and attending it. I'm not about to get offended on someone else's behalf, because there's far too much of that in the world right now, just think we can do better here.

I can only assume a number of posts have been removed because Ive just read the whole thread and could only see one post that I could see that some might deem offensive, on the whole it seems most people complimenting her performance. 

5 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Why are my "likes" not  being allowed ? 

I've  "Liked "  lots of posters but it keeps on saying not allowed ??

When did @DarkFruitsRam7get all woke?  I assume it was after the incident he posted on here about the Hillsborough away end toilet?

Women can give as good as they get, no pun intended.

Ive worked in a factory staffed predominantly by women, some of the banter flying about would make the largest snowflake melt.