Fit refs, we always get fit refs.....

IronRam 140.6

18 hours ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

Lady refs are the way forward. So much toxicity with men. Not once have they acted like idiots this evening, ganging up or haranguing the official.  I approve.  Amazingly.  Groundbreaking stuff.  

Let's not act like that's the male referees' fault, though. Football has a terrible problem with players' attitudes towards referees. It's good that she didn't get harangued, but that should be the norm, not the exception.

Some of the comments in this thread are absolutely rank btw. I don't expect the female forum members will find it particularly pleasant reading.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Let's not act like that's the male referees' fault, though. Football has a terrible problem with players' attitudes towards referees. It's good that she didn't get harangued, but that should be the norm, not the exception.

Some of the comments in this thread are absolutely rank btw. I don't expect the female forum members will find it particularly pleasant reading.

I’m female and I’ve got a sense of humour about these things. We’re not allowed to have a bit of banter? 
I’m personally not a fan of shoe horning women into roles just because it’s expected not to discriminate. But she did well and deserved to be there. Can’t say the same for one or two linos I’ve seen, but I’ll leave that. 
I’m really not keen on women commentators either, or interviewers. The good ones are very few and too many aren’t there on merit. (I get that this is subjective and just my opinion). 
Don’t give anyone a job just to tick boxes, and I’m sticking to that. 

9 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I’m pleased to read that we have moved on so significantly since our inception in 1884 and that women are now respected for being equally able to see if one man has kicked another.

Whodathunkit?

She only one been impressed with but women linesman not so much.

24 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’m female and I’ve got a sense of humour about these things. We’re not allowed to have a bit of banter? 
I’m personally not a fan of shoe horning women into roles just because it’s expected not to discriminate. But she did well and deserved to be there. Can’t say the same for one or two linos I’ve seen, but I’ll leave that. 
I’m really not keen on women commentators either, or interviewers. The good ones are very few and too many aren’t there on merit. (I get that this is subjective and just my opinion). 

Hear! Hear! @Ewe Ram If sombody is good enough that’s what counts, regardless of their gender/sex.  

Like I said the game was fairly low key to really test how she would go on under a bit of pressure. Maybe she helped keep it low key by not making any shocking decisions although pulling play up for a Cheltenham player, who was down, after we won the ball off them wasn’t really wrong but she should have done it while Cheltenham had the ball.

4 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

Most of the women I know in similar positions of seniority say the same. Until we get rid of "targets" for things like gender diversity we can't claim there's true equality is their view.

And they're absolutely right (as well as being talented individuals).