Charlton Athletic (H), 3pm Saturday 18th February.

Rev

22 minutes ago, Ramifications said:

Is a decent crowd expected for the game?

The match day thread seems a bit quiet, with the game being tomorrow. I feel a bit nervous but hopefully it will bring a better result than the last two games. 

About 2,300 tickets left for home supporters.

Charlton have sold about 1,300 so should be a decent attendance.

Thinking back to that game and the early part of the season. Rightly or wrongly, I have always considered that James Collins inability to put the ball in the net highly contributed to Liam Rosenior losing his position. My memory might be cloudy but I seem to recall he missed a glutton of opportunities, taking a while to get off the mark. 

Wildsmith

Smith          Forsyth         Cashin        Roberts

White

Knight                  Hourihane

NML                  McGoldrick              Barkhuizen       

40 minutes ago, sage said:

Wildsmith

Smith          Forsyth         Cashin        Roberts

White

Knight                  Hourihane

NML                  McGoldrick              Barkhuizen       

This, but Sibley for Roberts. Obviously, Knight a little more advanced than Hourihane too.

Need a reaction tomorrow. Far too many subpar performances against Lincoln. Cashin, Roberts, Smith, Knight, Collins, Dobbin etc were all way below average, particularly first half.

Sibley and White made the biggest difference, so have to start for me. Knight's energy with McGoldrick, and hopefully a less wide open midfield.

Hopefully we can cope better against pacey forwards unlike on Tuesday where we looked all over the place. 

Nothing to fear, with some better decision making in the final third and hopefully a much better performance from the officials, we'll get the result. 

???

Charlton have pace out wide so I dont think it is a game for Sibley to be playing full back. Also, cannot see McGoldrick starting a 3rd game in a week, looked off it on Tuesday night & Collins had 45mins of rest, similar for NML.

Wildsmith - Smith Forsyth Cashin Roberts - White Hourihane - Barkhuizen Knight Dobbin - Collins

McGee Davies Thompson Sibley Springett NML McGoldrick

White, Barkhuizen, Dobbin & Collins all only played 45 midweek so should be fresher.

4 hours ago, Ramifications said:

Thinking back to that game and the early part of the season. Rightly or wrongly, I have always considered that James Collins inability to put the ball in the net highly contributed to Liam Rosenior losing his position. My memory might be cloudy but I seem to recall he missed a glutton of opportunities, taking a while to get off the mark. 

Wouldn't that be on LR's head for signing him then? Feel it's harsh to blame a run of the mill L1 player, coming off the back of a 3 goal season, for the managers downfall. 

I don't recall Collins missing sitters but I remember Knighty missing two vs Charlton and Fleetwood that stick in the memory. That was back when he was a rusty right back though, I'd back him to put those two chances away now. 

For tomorrow I'm not bothered about the team, we just need to see a reaction. You'd like to think Dobbin, Collins and Roberts have reacted well to being dragged at half time on Tuesday so if PW thinks they've shown enough in training then I'll trust his opinion. 2-1 Derby. 

5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I wonder if anyone can help please? We are coming up for the game tomorrow and our usual car park is not available. I have booked DCFC general admission car park A the problem is nobody seems to be able to give me details of where it is! Anyone got an idea??

Thanks

Its the one to the side of the south east corner so just go up road that runs behind east stand. Seems to cover top level near velodrome and lower level to right and left where electric chargers are. 

Just getting ready for the journey from not so sunny Berkshire.

Petrol check

Derby Shirts check

Season tickets check

Money check

Win..........oh I hope so

See you soon guys...COYRs

ps.. For lunch I gave her the option on the Broadway or the burger bar in front of the East Stand, she went for the Burger bar, Pride Park, its where she wants to be and she is from London (but wears her Derby shirt with pride)

the mi

I'd go with:

Wildsmith
Smith  Forsyth  Cashin  Roberts
          Knight  Hourihane
 Mendez-Laing  Sibley  Dobbin
               McGoldrick

I'd still like to see what Sibbo could do in a more advanced role at this level for a few games in a row. COYR