Lincoln City (H), 7.45pm Tuesday 14th February.

Rev

3 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Regardless of their poohousery time wasting, they did a job on us.

We need to wise up to teams with strong arm or negative tactics, because the refs are consistently inconsistent in lots of games; ultimately  we lacked composure tonight, the final ball and crosses into the box not great, at times we made poor decisions with some below par performances.

But yeah the ref was crap.

Didn't have a plan B, even after the sending off unfortunately. Wouldn't be us without a wobble, just a  shame those around us that matter don't seem to be suffering the same.

52 minutes ago, David said:

Needs to sort his tie out, doesn't look very professional that.

And those sunglasses are from the Donald Trump supporter starter pack. I bet he wears a holster with a Nerf gun in when he goes to Tesco.

He's made that classic mistake of thinking having more titles makes him sound more impressive, rather than just making it sound like he's the only person who works on his website.

"I'm the owner. And the editor. And the social media guru. Also, I am director of facilities management. By which I mean I clean the office. Which is also my bedroom."

Edited by vonwright

1 hour ago, littleover ram said:

It’s a poor result against 10 men which drops us even further behind.

Boro and Wycombe (who are fast closing in) are laughing at us. We’ll be lucky to scrape 6th 

wheels-fall-off-f1.gif

You do realise Peterborough have lost 3 of their last 6 games including their last two on the bounce - the latest being at the mighty Fleetwood?

Wycombe have put a run together recently though.

Wycombe will no doubt be licking their lips but I’m not sure about Peterborough will be laughing too much.

Just having a look at Lincoln’s results against the top six.

Took four points off Derby

Beat Ipswich and Barnsley away

Draws at home to Bolton, Plymouth and Wendies.

They’ve only lost away at Bolton of all their games against top six opposition so far, while they are the only team in League One who are undefeated at home.

I thought they showed tonight why they’re a tough side to play against.

They’d probably be in the top six as well if it wasn’t for their crap record against the rubbish teams.

Edited by Bris Vegas

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Just having a look at Lincoln’s results against the top six.

Took four points off Derby

Beat Ipswich and Barnsley away

Draws at home to Bolton, Plymouth and Wendies.

They’ve only lost away at Bolton of all their games against top six opposition so far, while they are the only team in League One who are undefeated at home.

I thought they showed tonight why they’re a tough side to play against.

They’d probably be in the top six as well if it wasn’t for their crap record against the rubbish teams.

Presumably because they try to play football in those games?

They are obviously better at shithousing than playing football.

Massively frustrating tonight. Thought Warne nailed it with his post match comments and took the blame himself which is good to see. The players have given a lot so deserve some protection. 

Despite being poor for long periods we had more than enough chances to win the game, we were ultimately denied by woodwork and poor officiating alongside the cheating from Lincoln. The only thing the officials got right apart from the red card was the stoppage time at the end and even then they could’ve added more.  I liked Warnes view though on the poor officiating and time wasting that we brought it on ourselves by not being on it in the first half and getting the early goal to lose the game . That’s exactly the way to look at it. He also said some players looked jaded possibly emotionally drained from the weekend and with hindsight he should’ve freshened it up, he’d chosen Charlton as the game to freshen things up so we’ll definitely be seeing changes.

Thought Dobbs was unlucky to go off I’d have took Mendez off, understand why he left him on, tbf at Vale he had a similar game and stayed on to score the winner but he needs some time out the team now. Harvey White has to start, doesn’t work with Knight and Hourihane in the 2, we got more control of the game through white. Unfortunately unless you drop Knight probably can only accommodate one of Collins or Didzy, I’d go for the latter although Collins did well first half dealing with scraps.

We played well Saturday but didn’t get what we deserved, we didn’t play well tonight but still created more than enough chances to win. Still extremely confident we will make playoffs but in 4 days we’ve gone from looking up at the top 2 (which personally I think are almost out of our reach now) to now looking over our shoulders at Wycombe who have had a 5 point gain on us in 4 days. Could easily flip the other way though.

It will be a much better football match on Saturday which should suit us, 3 points and things will be looking good again ahead of Barnsley.

Edited by BramcoteRam84

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Will be interested to hear from those who watched the game whether the change mostly came from reverting to our regular formation or if it was mainly down to Lincoln going down to 10 men. Quite deep into the match the stats showed:

Shots: Derby 4 Lincoln 8

Shots on target: Derby 0 Lincoln 4

Yet by full time the picture was:

image.thumb.png.5608361fd6b5274e31c76e1a70c22841.png

So whatever the cause, it was an absolutely massive turnaround, even if too late.

21 shots on goal , 7 on target according to BBC.

That first half was pretty poor. We didn't seem to get going at all and were far too slow to move the ball. I can't believe Mendez-Laing's decision making leading to their opener. Criminal. 

Cashin's passing was pretty poor, Smith's crossing was dreadful. 

Second half was better, but we just didn't seem to get the luck of the bounce in the end. I don't think we can play Roberts at LB against these defensive teams, Sibley offers much more going forward. 

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Harvey White has to start, doesn’t work with Knight and Hourihane in the 2, we got more control of the game through white. Unfortunately unless you drop Knight probably can only accommodate one of Collins or Didzy, I’d go for the latter although Collins did well first half dealing with scraps.

I think three in midfield (including Knight) should be the bottom line, and everything else should fit around that. For me Collins is a bench option if McGoldrick up front isn't working, or he needs a break. Either way though we shouldn't be playing both. I hope Warne saw what the rest of us saw - I've got a nagging feeling he can be a bit stubborn sometimes. He was slow to move from five at the back. Hopefully he'll be quicker to revert to three (midfielders) in midfield.

15 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I started off saying in my head ‘I will not get annoyed, I will not shout at the lino (right in front of me), I will not boo the cheating, feigning injury and their bloody goalkeeper, or get irate at the time it takes to take throw ins, goal kicks and free kicks. 
I failed. I’m now sitting at home with a throbbing head and my throat is killing me. I hate football at times like these. 

You should have gone on and took your frustration out on the pitch .  I doubt the linesman would have noticed. . 

2 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Thought Lincoln were well organised and decent. Their centre forward was a handful. However they need to have a long hard look at how they have conducted themselves tonight. Taking your time over a goal kick is frustrating but expected, but the way their goalkeeper was clearly instructed to go down so they could have an inpromptu team meeting and get a sub on was just cheating. I would love to know why it was allowed. I could see what was happening from the east stand - what was the 4th official thinking? Why didn’t he call the ref over and tell him? What followed was embarrassing- two of them going down every couple of minutes and the ref pandered to it. 

Having said all that I thought we were dreadful. I think if their instinct was to play football instead of cheat they could have won that.

Very frustrating on many levels. If that’s what they have to do to get a point here then well done them. I had hoped League One would be men’s football. Sadly not.

I'm not that bothered about Lincoln's players tbh. They were only acting on orders from the bench.

The referee and his officials deliberately allowed them to cheat. The waving to the goalie to go down was a different level of cheating to me, ive never seen that before. I'm sure there has been secret signs for players to feign injury over the years and we have witnessed many teams that have done it without obvious instruction, but this was the most blatant, out in the open, order from the manager for a player to go down in order to gain advantage ive witnessed in 50 years.

If the 4th official didn't see it he's lying or not watching.

What other conclusion can you come to?

The bench ordered the goalie to go down, the ref then allowed the medics to attend to him knowing that he had been told to feign injury. Its not incompetence, its cheating. The ref and the fourth official are obviously bent, there is no other explanation for watching the Lincoln bench screaming orders for him to collapse without penalising them.

Forget the pisspoor decisions, offsides, time wasting, etc, we expect all that every week

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'm not that bothered about Lincoln's players tbh. They were only acting on orders from the bench.

The referee and his officials deliberately allowed them to cheat. The waving to the goalie to go down was a different level of cheating to me, ive never seen that before. I'm sure there has been secret signs for players to feign injury over the years and we have witnessed many teams that have done it without obvious instruction, but this was the most blatant, out in the open, order from the manager for a player to go down in order to gain advantage ive witnessed in 50 years.

If the 4th official didn't see it he's lying or not watching.

What other conclusion can you come to?

The bench ordered the goalie to go down, the ref then allowed the medics to attend to him knowing that he had been told to feign injury. Its not incompetence, its cheating. The ref and the fourth official are obviously bent, there is no other explanation for watching the Lincoln bench screaming orders for him to collapse without penalising them.

Forget the pisspoor decisions, offsides, time wasting, etc, we expect all that every week

The most egregious example of cheating I've seen at derby with the bench telling the keeper to feign an injury. Should be repercussions for both the bench and the keeper involved, but of course there won't be. 

23 minutes ago, angieram said:

Presumably because they try to play football in those games?

They are obviously better at shithousing than playing football.

And they have a player of that name,Ben(should be s***)Housing,red carded for trying to take McGoldrick out.