West Ham (H) FACR4 Mon 30th Jan

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Interesting to know what people think Warne should have done differently tonight? Or in his position what would you have done?

I think we’ll hear comments after the match about the occasion getting to the lads, just not being at our normal levels, West Ham’s extra quality being the difference…all of which seems fairly accurate from what I’ve seen.
I’m not too upset with losing an FA Cup tie to a premier league side, we can focus fully on the league now. What is concerning are the injuries to Bird and McGoldrick as we can’t spare them ? 

Warne said that we will play the same way yet it hasn't appeared like that. Appreciate it's higher opposition but we haven't got at them in the same way we do in the league. We've almost looked lethargic. Not blaming Warne for the performance, at the end of the day it's the players on the pitch

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Really?

We’ve not been that bad. We’re a small League 1 squad with either inexperience or 30+, put together for absolutely nothing.

Against a side where players on their bench earn more than our entire starting 11 combined. They may be underperforming this season, but they’re in the knockouts of a European competition.

We need to be realistic. It’s League 1 v Premier League and that’s probably indicated fairly on the pitch.

We've been really poor. We've got pace on the ball and skill too. But we've seen almost none of it.

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Interesting to know what people think Warne should have done differently tonight? Or in his position what would you have done?

I think we’ll hear comments after the match about the occasion getting to the lads, just not being at our normal levels, West Ham’s extra quality being the difference…all of which seems fairly accurate from what I’ve seen.
I’m not too upset with losing an FA Cup tie to a premier league side, we can focus fully on the league now. What is concerning are the injuries to Bird and McGoldrick as we can’t spare them ? 

We’ve been far, far too open. At Liverpool we were much more pragmatic and hit in the counter, tonight we’ve tried to match them on attacking play and they’ve just carved through us. 

it’s naive and its cost us 

1 minute ago, Turk Thrust said:

Class tells. WHU might be crap in the Premier League but their multi million pound players are just too good for us 

Don't even think it's that. If we had played better and truly put them under some pressure it wouldn't be about the class of the West ham players. They've had it easy

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

We’ve been far, far too open. At Liverpool we were much more pragmatic and hit in the counter, tonight we’ve tried to match them on attacking play and they’ve just carved through us. 

it’s naive and its cost us 

We conceded at really bad times tonight as well