Derby fans

Ironfan123

Seeing on social media that there are a few of you buying tickets to come and show your support for my local side, Scunthorpe United-who are getting ran into the ground by an incompetent owner- on Saturday. We are drinking in the last chance saloon with a winding up order and no money left in the pot to pay any wages.

Thank you chaps, it’s much appreciated by our supporters. 

Up the Rams.

Up the Iron

3 minutes ago, Ironfan123 said:

Seeing on social media that there are a few of you buying tickets to come and show your support for my local side, Scunthorpe United-who are getting ran into the ground by an incompetent owner- on Saturday. We are drinking in the last chance saloon with a winding up order and no money left in the pot to pay any wages.

Up the Rams.

Up the Iron

Its a sad state of affairs mate, been following it closely on 'The price of football' podcast. Good luck with it all and hope your club comes out the other end all the stronger for it

14 minutes ago, Ironfan123 said:

Up the Rams.

Up the Iron

I have to admit I'd no idea you guys were at this point. I, as I'm sure, the majority of us on here have  empathy with the situation you find yourselves in. It's a horrible place to be. The very best of luck. Please keep us updated with how things are progressing. ?

25 minutes ago, Ironfan123 said:

Up the Rams.

Up the Iron

You need a army of your fans get press involved and mps.

That's how we got rid of mel and final defeated efl.

We took 10k march to the ground and make known that we ate fighting for our club.

But I wish you all getting your club and to live and on thrive.

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

You need a army of your fans get press involved and mps.

That's how we got rid of mel and final defeated efl.

We took 10k march to the ground and make known that we ate fighting for our club.

But I wish you all getting your club and to live and on thrive.

It’s difficult mate, we obviously have a much smaller fan base and therefore it’s difficult to get something “official” organised. The supporters trust are reluctant to organise anything because of the potential trouble that could occur.

We had a few hundred March from the town centre to the ground last year and obviously the last game was halted when a couple of hundred invaded the pitch, but Swann (owner) holds all the aces and has pulled a similar stunt to your owner by taking the ground/land and transferring it into his parent company. He wiped off £11million we owed his company after years of reckless spending in league one. 

Like I say, we are completely up sh1t creek, but to see some of the support we are getting from supporters like yourselves won’t be forgotten.

5 minutes ago, Ironfan123 said:

It’s difficult mate, we obviously have a much smaller fan base and therefore it’s difficult to get something “official” organised. The supporters trust are reluctant to organise anything because of the potential trouble that could occur.

We had a few hundred March from the town centre to the ground last year and obviously the last game was halted when a couple of hundred invaded the pitch, but Swann (owner) holds all the aces and has pulled a similar stunt to your owner by taking the ground/land and transferring it into his parent company. He wiped off £11million we owed his company after years of reckless spending in league one. 

Like I say, we are completely up sh1t creek, but to see some of the support we are getting from supporters like yourselves won’t be forgotten.

If any way we can help your club even if it is a chant let us know and we shall try mount preasure on chairmen.

You all need stick togather and let him know you want him gone.

We been through this and we all know how worried you are.

Give blackpool fans know what is happening they joined our fight against efl.

2 minutes ago, Ironfan123 said:

Best of luck. It's a horrible position to be in for any supporter. What we went through literally nearly broke some on here, whilst many so called supporters of "certain" other clubs mocked, gloated and sang for our demise. We can therefore very much empathise with how you feel. Really, really hope you come through it.  

48 minutes ago, Ironfan123 said:

We feel your pain mate.

17 hours ago, Ironfan123 said:

Up the Rams.

Up the Iron

Sorry to hear about your plight , wishing you all the best , keep fighting , UP THE IRON

17 hours ago, Ironfan123 said:

I’ll talk about Scunthorpe at work to colleagues (Manchester) and dearly hope you can rise again. The imbalance in the game is criminal, football pyramid is the envy of the world. Can’t be allowed to die. Neither can Scunthorpe United. Keep the faith my friend. All true football fans stand with you 

29 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

He sounds very positive about the future, hopefully things will improve for them soon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64406123

Wow, I remember getting battered 4-1 by you guys back when Robbie savage was a thing, freezing cold to boot if I remember right. It's been some decade for you. Hopefully there's light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully fans from other clubs as well as us are going to show you support.