Pride Park Stadium

uttoxram75

1 hour ago, Archied said:

So how much would it cost and what would I need to run a hot tub in terms of battery and panels? Tried to look into it but it’s impossible if you don’t know much about the subject 

A little bit more than we are allowed to spend on transfer fee's.

The boring answer is too many variables (House direction, angles) to give you a straight answer. The cheapest Solar system with a battery (Say a 3.5kW system, with a 4.5 kW battery) you'd still be looking at 10k cost. For 50% of the year this would probably create enough power to keep your hot tub on permanently, but during Winter, no, I very much doubt it.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

A little bit more than we are allowed to spend on transfer fee's.

The boring answer is too many variables (House direction, angles) to give you a straight answer. The cheapest Solar system with a battery (Say a 3.5kW system, with a 4.5 kW battery) you'd still be looking at 10k cost. For 50% of the year this would probably create enough power to keep your hot tub on permanently, but during Winter, no, I very much doubt it.

Jeez ,, I was kinda comming up with really expensive answers but thought i must be getting it wrong , I gave up when it seemed I would need about ten solar panels, thanks though?

14 hours ago, rammieib said:

This won't financially be as good as it looks but it will resonate well with the green brigade. I don't estimate the Pride Park electricity costs to be that high, maybe 300k a year. Majority of that will be in winter time when Solar creates 20% of what it does in Summer. 

I'm all for going green, but the ROI on this will be 10 years plus IMO. You can't even sell back to the grid at decent rates these days since the FIT tariffs dropped. 

I know my stuff here, I've just spent £1.4 million on Solar for my company. We area 24/7 business with a big electricity bill!

However, the positive aspect of environmentally friendly and going green is a good selling point. Moor Farm has had solar for a long time. I would say thats been a better return there. Much smaller but more of a day time operation.

300k a year for gas/elect? I am almost spending that on my 3 bedroom detached house.

Edited by BathRam72

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

You would - 8 panels would prob give you a 3.5 kW system. 10 Panels around 4 to 4.5kW.

Thanks mate ,, I tried checking it out before but thought I must have it wrong ,,,, seems I would need to spend out the national debt and have a site like Jodrell Bank just to run a hot tub for a few months of the year?,,,

how does this stuff sell?

4 hours ago, Archied said:

Jeez ,, I was kinda comming up with really expensive answers but thought i must be getting it wrong , I gave up when it seemed I would need about ten solar panels, thanks though?

Do what I did with our hot tub to make it more efficient to run.

Turn the shocker off and drain it.

Then meet me in the Winchester until all this energy crisis blows over.

20 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

That looks to be a good plan. Do our bit for the planet and save some cash in the medium term. With hands as safe as these, I'm guessing David Clowes was a decent goalkeeper in his youth.

On a stadium related tangent. Does anyone know why there were quite a few seats taped off at the front of the East Stand on Saturday?

Yes. Apparently there was quite a leak from the roof over those seats. It is entirely possible, as there was a slight leak over our seats in the South Stand. It wasn't much of a problem, but we had to stand up all the way through the match though! 

7 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Wouldn't we have the cost of utilities from the administrations report last year? Obviously costs have changed and all that, but still, will give a better estimate of what it's likely to be.

7 hours ago, rammieib said:

Honestly I don't know if it was or wasn't in the accounts and what levels they split it down to. Stadium and Training ground, Gas, Electricity, Water and anything else that comes under it.

I'd love to know how much electricity they have used and at what prices they are paying. (But I'm sad like that)

£1.48m in the 12 month period after entering administration.

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Thanks mate ,, I tried checking it out before but thought I must have it wrong ,,,, seems I would need to spend out the national debt and have a site like Jodrell Bank just to run a hot tub for a few months of the year?,,,

how does this stuff sell?

Because for me personally it’s about a ten year payback at home. Invest around 13-15k and save around £1k to £1.5k a year. If you have that money available then why not? It also increases the value of your property if you were considering selling.

There is a chance that the rates the Government offer to sell back may get better. Apparently Octopus Energy offer a tariff around 15p kWh (you’ll currently be paying around 35p and in April around 43p) but if you have some lovely warm summer days, you could be making £1 to £1.50 a day in selling it back. In essence though, you do the sums and you can see why people may put it in. I’m seriously close to it.

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

Yes. Apparently there was quite a leak from the roof over those seats. It is entirely possible, as there was a slight leak over our seats in the South Stand. It wasn't much of a problem, but we had to stand up all the way through the match though! 

Yep, we had the same in West Stand Upper. I'd have liked a bit of warning so I could at least take a towel to wipe down the seats! 

I moved to a restricted view seat, as I didn't want to sit with both feet in a puddle all match. 

I've written to the Club about it. 

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Do what I did with our hot tub to make it more efficient to run.

Turn the shocker off and drain it.

Then meet me in the Winchester until all this energy crisis blows over.

No way ,, I’m a right aches and pains old duffer now , I get in it every morning ( always wake naturally between 5 and 6 ?‍♂️) , I soak my aching bones , have a coffee , do my emails , read the forum , do wordle ( challenge with the missus, it loosens me up ready for work

57 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yep, we had the same in West Stand Upper. I'd have liked a bit of warning so I could at least take a towel to wipe down the seats! 

I moved to a restricted view seat, as I didn't want to sit with both feet in a puddle all match. 

I've written to the Club about it. 

I think it was condensation or ice meting rather than a leak

We’ve become masters at repelling oppo fans and wums from match day threads. Bolton was mostly about attendances and now it’s the price of energy and the structural condition of PP. There will be hundreds of PV fans asleep at their desks it’s like listening to local chat radio at 2.00 am.