Pride Park Stadium

uttoxram75

At last, I have some ITK information.

A mate of mine (none Derby fan) who is a Structural Design Engineer was at a meeting recently to discuss plans to turn PP green!

They are looking at solar panelling the roof and fitting wind turbine generators to future proof the stadium from energy costs.

Thats it! Thats all I know, its early days but the club is planning to do this and is looking for companies to provide detailed plans and costings to carry out the work.

David Clowes Black, White and Green army....

Seriously, the fact that Mr Clowes is looking at this is yet another pointer to his love for the club and wanting us to prosper in the future imo.

5 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

A mate of mine (none Derby fan) who is a Structural Design Engineer was at a meeting recently to discuss plans to turn PP green!

They are looking at solar panelling the roof and fitting wind turbine generators to future proof the stadium from energy costs.

Thats it! Thats all I know, its early days but the club is planning to do this and is looking for companies to provide detailed plans and costings to carry out the work.

Seriously, the fact that Mr Clowes is looking at this is yet another pointer to his love for the club and wanting us to prosper in the future imo.

Plymouth Argyle's Home Park ground have solar panels on the roof of their south facing stand. They initially only had a few on the stand roof then added more during last summer. I'm surprised with energy costs that more clubs have'nt done the same.

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

Plymouth Argyle's Home Park ground have solar panels on the roof of their south facing stand. They initially only had a few on the stand roof then added more during last summer. I'm surprised with energy costs that more clubs have'nt done the same.

Seems a no brainer doesn't it? There is a fair sized roof space at PP.

17 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Wind turbines as corner flags?

3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

That looks to be a good plan. Do our bit for the planet and save some cash in the medium term. With hands as safe as these, I'm guessing David Clowes was a decent goalkeeper in his youth.

On a stadium related tangent. Does anyone know why there were quite a few seats taped off at the front of the East Stand on Saturday?

Seen talk on Twitter that it was the police's doing. No idea why.

20 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Is this mate if yours Uttoxeter linked, and does he have signed/framed red footy shirts on his Derby office wall?  ?‍♂️

55 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Does that mean we can have heated turnstiles 

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

Is that it? Ffs I thought they were building the plaza or putting a roof on. What size turbines will they be anything like the ones on Megaloughton Lane? 

6 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Is that it? Ffs I thought they were building the plaza or putting a roof on. What size turbines will they be anything like the ones on Megaloughton Lane? 

What do you mean "is that it"? I've longed to join the ranks of ITKnowers for years. This could be the making of me becoming a true forum legend, talked about in hushed tones for decades to come instead of just being bullied by @Boycie.

I’ve always been of the understanding that the original structure… specifically of the North/East/South horseshoe… was designed with a potential extension in mind, so it should be up to the job structurally, one would think? (To take the additional weight if the solar panels). 
maybe new roof cladding required at most? ?‍♂️

You’d also presume someone in Mr Clowes’ position to already have the best contacts in place, to get him the answers he’s needing. 

All sounds a great idea, so fingers crossed this progresses.  ?

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I’ve always been of the understanding that the original structure… specifically of the North/East/South horseshoe… was designed with a potential extension in mind, so it should be up to the job structurally, one would think? (To take the additional weight if the solar panels). 
maybe new roof cladding required at most? ?‍♂️

You’d also presume someone in Mr Clowes’ position to already have the best contacts in place, to get him the answers he’s needing. 

All sounds a great idea, so fingers crossed this progresses.  ?

I was thinking that about Mr Clowes, he's in the trade so will know a bit about it and have the contacts.