Bolton Wanderers (H) Sat 21st Jan

Simpson has taken charge of 16 matches so far this season with the majority of those taking place in the Championship.

He's handed out 74 yellow cards, awarded three penalties and is yet to send anyone off.

I don't like the sound of that last bit - he'll be looking forward to tomorrow to get off the mark for the season!

4 hours ago, Warren Blufitt said:

Hi guys another Wanderer here and equally perplexed why most posts are about the crowd not the game? Brilliant support you’ve had this season after all that’s gone on so well done on that. Should be a cracking game with both sides going for a win and both in good form. Obviously we’re suffering from a few injuries and departures, especially Afolyan going and Bod out for the season but we should still have more than enough to compete. It goes without saying that this game should be in a higher division than this so let’s hope we can both get there soon. A draw wouldn’t be bad for either but I think we need the win more than you do. Whatever happens I think we’ll both make the top six so we may have to meet again this season yet? Let’s just hope it’s a good game and not spoiled by poor refereeing.

Warren, it's strange that you think we are obsessed with attendance yet on your own forum there are dozens of posts about selling out your allocation. What's the difference? 

4 hours ago, Warren Blufitt said:

Hi guys another Wanderer here and equally perplexed why most posts are about the crowd not the game? Brilliant support you’ve had this season after all that’s gone on so well done on that. Should be a cracking game with both sides going for a win and both in good form. Obviously we’re suffering from a few injuries and departures, especially Afolyan going and Bod out for the season but we should still have more than enough to compete. It goes without saying that this game should be in a higher division than this so let’s hope we can both get there soon. A draw wouldn’t be bad for either but I think we need the win more than you do. Whatever happens I think we’ll both make the top six so we may have to meet again this season yet? Let’s just hope it’s a good game and not spoiled by poor refereeing.

Too late!

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Warren, it's strange that you think we are obsessed with attendance yet on your own forum there are dozens of posts about selling out your allocation. What's the difference? 

Warren’s so obsessed with attendance he’s signed up to here to talk to us about talking about attendance. Attendanception. 

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

@Carl Saganmight I remind you of Catastrophe Theory viz. Small changes in certain parameters of a nonlinear system can cause equilibria to appear or disappear, or to change from attracting to repelling and vice versa, leading to large and sudden changes of the behaviour of the system. However, examined in a larger parameter space, catastrophe theory reveals that such bifurcation points tend to occur as part of well-defined qualitative geometrical structures. In short, our recent good form disappears and we get stuffed. ?‍♂️

So what you are saying is "We always get crap refs"?

35 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It's a rarity for them? 

5 hours ago, Warren Blufitt said:

Always had a soft spot for Bolton. Since you were the original “nearly men” of the second division when Big Sam was running the defence. 

looking forward to it. We’ve had our ups and downs but over the last few weeks we’ve gone from being a mixed bunch glued together with spit and sawdust in to a group who play as a team. It’s going to be a cracking game, feel it in my water. 

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

This is indeed a very strange matchthread, as our visitors have pointed out. I'm reminded that the better you get at golf, the more boring it becomes because you're always hitting it from tee to fairway to green and then holing in two putts. And maybe when we have a more settled team and way of playing, and are unbeaten for a long time, the football discussion has become dull too? We all pretty much know what the team will be and hope it will prove another especially good day for McGoldrick at top and Wildsmith at the back. And with Knight's energy there'll be more of a contest in midfield as well as us threatening down the flanks. After conceding a couple of goals, I'm certain the defence will be annoyed and want to get back to clean sheets.

A thread's started on the Bolton forum: https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t24950-derby-v-bolton

Should the worst happen and @Diego's run comes to an end, can we borrow Natasha to start our next thread?

Wouldn’t bother with the Nuts thread, Wanderersways is the biggest forum and much more informative. There are a few idiots on there as I imagine there are on here but you just ignore them. Looking forward to a cracking game which I suspect could go either way. After a poor November we’ve really gelled since and I think overconfidence could be your downfall if you rely too much on your recent past results. Evatt was partial to chopping and changing previously but has now hit on a settled side and we’re looking much better and more of a team for it and I expect that to continue tomorrow. Whoever wins tomorrow will deserve it and a draw wouldn’t be a bad result but if we can keep McGoldrick quiet I think we can come away with all the points.

3 minutes ago, Warren Blufitt said:

Wouldn’t bother with the Nuts thread, Wanderersways is the biggest forum and much more informative. There are a few idiots on there as I imagine there are on here but you just ignore them. Looking forward to a cracking game which I suspect could go either way. After a poor November we’ve really gelled since and I think overconfidence could be your downfall if you rely too much on your recent past results. Evatt was partial to chopping and changing previously but has now hit on a settled side and we’re looking much better and more of a team for it and I expect that to continue tomorrow. Whoever wins tomorrow will deserve it and a draw wouldn’t be a bad result but if we can keep McGoldrick quiet I think we can come away with all the points.

McGoldrick isn't a guaranteed starter. More likley to come after 60-65

6 hours ago, Warren Blufitt said:

I personally think League one is about right for Bolton. 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Ha, hung by my own petard Scarlet. ?

Maybe it’s because like you we almost lost our club recently that we’re just glad to be there at all. In fairness we’ve always had better support than the other Lancashire clubs, especially away support and even now with both Blackburn and Preston both pushing for promotion they can’t compete with us. Obviously the competition for fans is far more acute where we are with Man United, City, Blackburn, Preston, Wigan, Burnley and Blackpool all within around 15 miles max of Bolton plus others like Accrington, Fleetwood, Stockport and Rochdale. You really only have Chesterfield so I think comparing gate size is somewhat irrelevant but I accept it’s good to be well supported and you are.

2 minutes ago, Warren Blufitt said:

Ha, hoist by my own petard Scarlet. ?

Maybe it’s because like you we almost lost our club recently that we’re just glad to be there at all. In fairness we’ve always had better support than the other Lancashire clubs, especially away support and even now with both Blackburn and Preston both pushing for promotion they can’t compete with us. Obviously the competition for fans is far more acute where we are with Man United, City, Blackburn, Preston, Wigan, Burnley and Blackpool all within around 15 miles max of Bolton plus others like Accrington, Fleetwood, Stockport and Rochdale. You really only have Chesterfield so I think comparing gate size is somewhat irrelevant but I accept it’s good to be well supported and you are.

FTFY

A petard was a medieval bomb planted under a castle walls. It could hoist you but not hang you

Pedants are Go