Holiday Plans 2023

1of4

42 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

A list of said beers would certainly come in handy for yours truly, either that or lifelong sponsorship from Pampers wet wipes.

At a risk of going further off topic, look at the bottled/ tinned versions in the supermarket, they list if they have wheat in them.  If you’re a celiac, it’s tramps pee, or badged up full GF stuff in the said supermarket.

Been in Valletta all week. Im 'the pub' Met tthis chap, John Mitchell, ex pro footballer now firefighter. Top bloke and recalls when growing up how dcfc was sprayed all over the tenement walls in Glasgow when we were champs of England.

download.jpeg-2.jpg

15 hours ago, Andrew3000 said:

Been in Valletta all week. Im 'the pub' Met tthis chap, John Mitchell, ex pro footballer now firefighter. Top bloke and recalls when growing up how dcfc was sprayed all over the tenement walls in Glasgow when we were champs of England.

Been doing any one armed pushups on the bar and drinking crates of rum with Royal Navy staff on leave 

On 06/04/2023 at 22:06, Grumpy Git said:

Do they sell White Lightning in the Maldives?

Not sure but their rum tastes like nothing I’ve ever experienced. Rank!

Surprisingly acceptable red wine in between the Carlsbergs.

Flying home tomorrow. 

The most guests there have been on the island so far is 40.

Fish feeding is fun.

image.thumb.jpeg.19d48fc4cdc7586e9215d4a39b84ed79.jpeg

Anyone recommend any interesting destinations in Europe, I've been quite lucky in as much I've been to the majority of the major capitals and am now running out of inspiration......only places left I can see are Berlin (doesn't really interest me), ditto Madrid and Copenhagen and Vienna or Geneva (don't really grab me either tbf)

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Anyone recommend any interesting destinations in Europe, I've been quite lucky in as much I've been to the majority of the major capitals and am now running out of inspiration......only places left I can see are Berlin (doesn't really interest me), ditto Madrid and Copenhagen and Vienna or Geneva (don't really grab me either tbf)

Bilbao and San Sebastian. Food, Art, Beaches, Trams and Walking

15 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I've probably been to Vienna 12/15 times as my Mother was born there and left after WW2, A City where tourists visit the Historical buildings...ie Rathous, Schönbrunn Palace and such...but jump on the underground and go to the Danube bars and cafes aplenty, In Vienna there's one hell of a huge park that's full of bars and world foods that are set up for the day, There's museums for your eyes, There's the Museum quarter off the  Mariahilfer Strasse, Reumannplatz an underground hop and a skip away where there's a market to enjoy, I love the place, Off the main drag there's more to do...bars 😁 and Sunshine all day long, At night when the Sun goes down totally different...a more chilled time of the day

I'm not a beach lover holiday maker, I find the Cities more enjoyable👍  

18 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Lisbon a fantastic capital with loads to do, food is gorgeous and plenty of sunshine. 

3 hours ago, The Last Post said:

I've probably been to Vienna 12/15 times as my Mother was born there and left after WW2, A City where tourists visit the Historical buildings...ie Rathous, Schönbrunn Palace and such...but jump on the underground and go to the Danube bars and cafes aplenty, In Vienna there's one hell of a huge park that's full of bars and world foods that are set up for the day, There's museums for your eyes, There's the Museum quarter off the  Mariahilfer Strasse, Reumannplatz an underground hop and a skip away where there's a market to enjoy, I love the place, Off the main drag there's more to do...bars 😁 and Sunshine all day long, At night when the Sun goes down totally different...a more chilled time of the day

I'm not a beach lover holiday maker, I find the Cities more enjoyable👍  

Thanks, my son is having a few days in Vienna this summer while Interrailing, I'll pass this on.

11 minutes ago, Rev said:

Thanks, my son is having a few days in Vienna this summer while Interrailing, I'll pass this on.

If he likes fair grounds for a bit of fun then the Prata is a good place to enjoy, There's more bars and restaurants there too 😁, Then there's the area around Saint Stephens Church in the City centre...shops, Shops and more shops and guess what...yep more bars, The Danube is a short walk away but there's nowt on the river banks, The Trams are fantastic...on time every time, Make sure he pays tho, If caught you can get arrested for non payment.

The Westbahnhof train station at the top of the Mariahilfastrasse is a good starting point.

I'd Tram hop on a good day, Get on 30mins later get off and mooch around...I hope he enjoys it...I do 👍