Holiday Plans 2023

1of4

On 03/05/2023 at 11:13, admira said:

Yesterday, Mrs Admira and I had our final screen test to appear on the A Place in the Sun TV show. Should hear if we were successful in a week or two and if so, they fly us over to France for a week in mid June.

First things first though, off to Hawaii Friday morning then LA, San Francisco and Vegas.

Belfast in June, South of France again in August, Dublin September, Benidorm also September and Tallinn for Christmas.

Lyon and Bali booked for next year so far.

If anyone has any 'must see or do's in that lot, let me know please.

What's everyone else up to? 

If you haven't already booked Alcatraz. Try and book the outgoing boat 2.5 hours before sunset. Then you get to see the Island and San Fran in the daylight and at night as well as an Alcatraz sunset.

On 03/05/2023 at 11:13, admira said:

Yesterday, Mrs Admira and I had our final screen test to appear on the A Place in the Sun TV show. Should hear if we were successful in a week or two and if so, they fly us over to France for a week in mid June.

First things first though, off to Hawaii Friday morning then LA, San Francisco and Vegas.

Belfast in June, South of France again in August, Dublin September, Benidorm also September and Tallinn for Christmas.

Lyon and Bali booked for next year so far.

If anyone has any 'must see or do's in that lot, let me know please.

What's everyone else up to? 

Any chance of you helping Clowes to sign Messi with whats left from your Lottery win? 😉

On 06/05/2023 at 07:53, sage said:

If you haven't already booked Alcatraz. Try and book the outgoing boat 2.5 hours before sunset. Then you get to see the Island and San Fran in the daylight and at night as well as an Alcatraz sunset.

Yes all booked 

Came back from Florida a few weeks ago, and seeing as it was a rather packed schedule while we were there, Mrs Ramsbottom decided she wanted a more sedate week away in the summer.  We've ended up booking a week all inclusive at the Hotel Chatur in Costa Adaje, Tenerife.  Anyone ever been round there???

14 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Came back from Florida a few weeks ago, and seeing as it was a rather packed schedule while we were there, Mrs Ramsbottom decided she wanted a more sedate week away in the summer.  We've ended up booking a week all inclusive at the Hotel Chatur in Costa Adaje, Tenerife.  Anyone ever been round there???

The waterpark Siam Park is really good but obviously not if you are just looking to chill out.

1 hour ago, Blondest Goat said:

The waterpark Siam Park is really good but obviously not if you are just looking to chill out.

Yeah we looked at that it looks like a good day out.  Quite fancy a dolphin/whale spotting boat as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Currently enjoying 6 days in Belfast but as previously mentioned on June 18th, we fly out to France for almost a week as have been accepted to go on the A Place in the Sun TV show. 

Has to pass a few auditions over the past year but finally got the nod. 

Will let you know when it’s aired. I was hoping to wear some sort of subtle DCFC shirt but all  logos are forbidden 

Edited by admira

29 minutes ago, admira said:

Currently enjoying 6 days in Belfast but as previously mentioned on June 18th, we fly out to France for almost a week as have been accepted to go on the A Place in the Sun TV show. 

Will let you know when it’s aired. I was hoping to wear some sort of subtle DCFC shirt but all  logos are forbidden 

Time to get that Ram tattoo?!

3 hours ago, admira said:

Just keep doing this at the cameras!

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, admira said:

Will do. Arrived today and had drinks and dinner with the presenter and crew. Should be a fun week. 

Are you fully intending to buy a house if they find one you like, or is this just a chance to be on TV in the sun?

7 hours ago, David said:

Are you fully intending to buy a house if they find one you like, or is this just a chance to be on TV in the sun?

No we are intending to buy if they find the right place. It’s not like I need a holiday!