Holiday Plans 2023

1of4

Still be away camping (York) for the night of Jan 1st, heading home on the 2nd.

5 nights camping in Bruges over the Easter break (Still to book the camp site, but Eurotunnel is booked).

Will no doubt have the usual two x 14-18 night camping trips somewhere on the continent, one in late May/Early June, then same again for September.   

The rest we'll just make up as we go.

Still not in any rush to return to the hustle, bustle, and hanging around in airports, just yet, so still not done that since the Jan before lockdown (2019?).  That can wait, while we're content enough to keep driving over the channel, in our own little cocoon, and keeping to more informal timetables! 

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Still be away camping (York) for the night of Jan 1st, heading home on the 2nd.

5 nights camping in Bruges over the Easter break (Still to book the camp site, but Eurotunnel is booked).

Will no doubt have the usual two x 14-18 night camping trips somewhere on the continent, one in late May/Early June, then same again for September.   

The rest we'll just make up as we go.

Still not in any rush to return to the hustle, bustle, and hanging around in airports, just yet, so still not done that since the Jan before lockdown (2019?).  That can wait, while we're content enough to keep driving over the channel, in our own little cocoon, and keeping to more informal timetables! 

How do you get the tent pegs into the frozen ground? 

More importantly, how do you persuade another person to join you, in a tent, in December?

31 minutes ago, Rev said:

How do you get the tent pegs into the frozen ground? 

More importantly, how do you persuade another person to join you, in a tent, in December?

She's more keen than me!  ?

Case of right tools for the job, when it comes to tent pegs! ? ?

To be fair, we will be cheating on this one... spending the evenings (inc. NYE) in the caravan next door (niece & partner), which comes with fancy heating, sofas, and a telly!  (Love a bit of Jools on NYE).
No doubt a 2am stagger back to a cold tent though!  Thankfully, our winter sleeping bags are fleece-lined (Designed for fishermen who sleep out in the open or in a bivy).  ?

Would much prefer cold and crisp, to slightly milder but wet!   

EDIT:

Or... Something like this would be our preference... (Feb 2013, Buxton):

AL9nZEX_oIui705qYi6FcB4DDjqdXCE46D52TYZ5

4 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

2 weeks fly cruise round the Caribbean at end Jan, beginning Feb. 

Full suite, 1st class flights. I'm skint. Probably last holiday this decade. 

Mrs VdM let it be known it's her silver wedding so she deserves a decent break..... ?

Should have booked a skiing holiday, in that case.

11 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

2 weeks fly cruise round the Caribbean at end Jan, beginning Feb. 

Full suite, 1st class flights. I'm skint. Probably last holiday this decade. 

Mrs VdM let it be known it's her silver wedding so she deserves a decent break..... ?

No doubt you pointed out to her it’s also your silver wedding (assuming you’re married to each other?) and she’ll be going halves on the cost.

• 1 month later...
On 03/12/2022 at 18:09, Eddie said:

We'll probably go to Bruges or Ostend during early summer. Our usual trip to Mevagissey, staying at the Little Cornisb B&B, is no more. Andy and Howie have closed for good and retired.

Bad news about Andy n Howie, it’ll be a big loss.

Where’s everyone else going?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

My view from my Maldives villa this morning.

Paradise but empty!

Finding other people is quite exciting 😀

C00C7F46-1949-4048-991F-01FEF87B6C15.jpeg

Similar here in Bruges… 

Campsite has the “Complét” signs up, and rain forecast for all day!  
🤣

No view, as it’s still dark and haven’t ventured out of the tent yet!  😎

Fly to Mallorca on the 26th.

Don't mind admitting I'm bricking it. First time flying for 20+ years.

Last time I went away, had a huge panic attack on the plane, passed out and yeah, wasn't great. 

Mine and the Mrs 1 year wedding anniversary. 

Not like I'm scared of flying, or thoughts of crashing anything like that. My anxiety has always come from being in situations I can't easily walk out of.

30,000ft in the air prime example.

Saying that, recently done a couple trips to Rotterdam overnight on the ferry, can't just jump out in the North Sea....same thing right....that's what I keep telling myself 😬

3 minutes ago, David said:

Last time I went away, had a huge panic attack on the plane, passed out and yeah, wasn't great. 

Not like I'm scared of flying, or thoughts of crashing anything like that. My anxiety has always come from being in situations I can't easily walk out of.

Saying that, recently done a couple trips to Rotterdam overnight on the ferry, can't just jump out in the North Sea....same thing right....that's what I keep telling myself 😬

I hope you’re not going on a 737 Max8!

4 minutes ago, David said:

Parachute.  But, everyone else will get sucked off if you did jump.

5 hours ago, David said:

Gosh that sounds difficult.

I had a period of a few years when I got terribly anxious on takeoff. That was the result of an emergency landing many years ago.

My reason for posting was only because I managed to overcome it. I look at the people around me, the staff and take time to make myself really comfortable. 
Books and music help me relax. Also ordering everything possible from the food and drink menu.

Hope the trip is brilliant!