Holiday Plans 2023

1of4

2 hours ago, sage said:

If going to Pisa/Lucca I'd recommend a day tip to Cinque Terre on the train and walk between the villages 

Went to Tuscany a couple of years ago and planning to go there again next year. Will definitely go back to both Lucca and Pisa. I may be in the minority but I'm not sure I'll bother going back to Florence.

20 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Went to Tuscany a couple of years ago and planning to go there again next year. Will definitely go back to both Lucca and Pisa. I may be in the minority but I'm not sure I'll bother going back to Florence.

I haven't been to Florence but next time I may stay in Lucca and do Florence and Cinque Terre as day trips on the train. Not a fan of Pisa 

4 minutes ago, sage said:

I haven't been to Florence but next time I may stay in Lucca and do Florence and Cinque Terre as day trips on the train. Not a fan of Pisa 

Not much at Pisa but worth a short visit. We did the sights between leaving the airport and heading off to our accommodation. Florence just seemed really busy (and the river was muddy brown 😀). I don't generally mind busy cities (love Rome, Paris, Venice and Verona) but I couldn't warm to Florence. 

Wouldn't bother with Pisa - overhyped and the drive into the town from the east was through a rough-looking industrial estate. If near Lake Garda then Verona is well worth a visit, similar to Rome but on a smaller scale and less busy. Sienna also warrants a day out.

A great country for a touring holiday.

All these exotic destinations but we just had a great week in Devon. Based in Preston Sands with a lovely sea view to wake up to each morning, we visited Bristol, Paignton, Dawlish, Exeter, Buckfastleigh, Brixham and Dartmouth. 

Weather was kind, sea was broiling!

Brought back 4 points, 6 would have been better but otherwise a perfect week.

20230421_093725.jpg

24 minutes ago, angieram said:

All these exotic destinations but we just had a great week in Devon. Based in Preston Sands with a lovely sea view to wake up to each morning, we visited Bristol, Paignton, Dawlish, Exeter, Buckfastleigh, Brixham and Dartmouth. 

Weather was kind, sea was broiling!

Brought back 4 points, 6 would have been better but otherwise a perfect week.

20230421_093725.jpg

Your so lucky to go to such a gorgeous part of the country love Dawlish been there a few times and Exeter is a lovely city to visit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, Mrs Admira and I had our final screen test to appear on the A Place in the Sun TV show. Should hear if we were successful in a week or two and if so, they fly us over to France for a week in mid June.

First things first though, off to Hawaii Friday morning then LA, San Francisco and Vegas.

Belfast in June, South of France again in August, Dublin September, Benidorm also September and Tallinn for Christmas.

Lyon and Bali booked for next year so far.

If anyone has any 'must see or do's in that lot, let me know please.

What's everyone else up to? 

10 minutes ago, admira said:

Yesterday, Mrs Admira and I had our final screen test to appear on the A Place in the Sun TV show. Should hear if we were successful in a week or two and if so, they fly us over to France for a week in mid June.

First things first though, off to Hawaii Friday morning then LA, San Francisco and Vegas.

Belfast in June, South of France again in August, Dublin September, Benidorm also September and Tallinn for Christmas.

I just tried to book something but you had already used up all the available holidays 😂

18 minutes ago, admira said:

what's your budget? I can help. If you get Laura Hamilton, I might come along with you.😍

59 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

what's your budget? I can help. If you get Laura Hamilton, I might come along with you.😍

I was going to request her on the call but was worried it might look a bit pervy!

On 03/05/2023 at 20:13, admira said:

If you are into cycling, I would recommend the bike tour from Kintamani Volcano to Ubud. It’s virtually all downhill and you go through traditional Bali villages. We’ve stayed at Kuta, Nusa Dua and Ubud but our preference is Ubud as it’s more relaxed. Nusa Dua is more of your big resorts and Kuta is backpacker central.

5 hours ago, Stagtime said:

If you are into cycling, I would recommend the bike tour from Kintamani Volcano to Ubud. It’s virtually all downhill and you go through traditional Bali villages. We’ve stayed at Kuta, Nusa Dua and Ubud but our preference is Ubud as it’s more relaxed. Nusa Dua is more of your big resorts and Kuta is backpacker central.

We are staying in Sanur

4 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

Taking the missus to Barcelona next month for a few days. Camp Nou is closed so that’s one trip off the itinerary. She wants to see Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell. Anyone been recently that has any suggestions?

Both worth a look. The open top hop on hop off bus is good for getting an overview too.