Holiday Plans 2023

1of4

7 hours ago, sage said:

I've got a mates 60th at Butlins in Minehead coming up. He didn't check the music properly and we have Bewitched, 911 and Chesney Hawkes to look forward to. 

I'm having a couple of nights in Bristol on the way down, staying in Kingsdown. If anyone has any pub, food or cultural tips I'd be grateful.

There are a few pubs near you in Kingsdown but I can’t vouch for them. It’s not far to the city centre and I would recommend King Street which runs from the river past the Bristol Old Vic. Cobbled streets and proper drinking pubs, including the Old Duke, Beer Emporium and The King William.

If you’re willing to travel a bit further, Clifton is really nice.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

There are a few pubs near you in Kingsdown but I can’t vouch for them. It’s not far to the city centre and I would recommend King Street which runs from the river past the Bristol Old Vic. Cobbled streets and proper drinking pubs, including the Old Duke, Beer Emporium and The King William.

If you’re willing to travel a bit further, Clifton is really nice.

It looks like there are some good pubs near me. I think I'll do a Kingsdown night and and City Centre night. Thanks for the tips, a few pubs close together is what I was after.

I may do Clifton en route as I have 5 hours between  Bristol check out and Minehead check in. 

10 minutes ago, sage said:

It looks like there are some good pubs near me. I think I'll do a Kingsdown night and and City Centre night. Thanks for the tips, a few pubs close together is what I was after.

I may do Clifton en route as I have 5 hours between  Bristol check out and Minehead check in. 

Sounds like a plan. 

Should qualify Clifton Village, with the Royal Oak, Albion and Portcullis all good. Some really nice places to eat, including the Ivy, which isn’t as expensive as it sounds, and is a lovely building (former bank). Nutmeg Indian is interesting too (Indian fine dining).

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Sounds like a plan. 

Should qualify Clifton Village, with the Royal Oak, Albion and Portcullis all good. Some really nice places to eat, including the Ivy, which isn’t as expensive as it sounds, and is a lovely building (former bank). Nutmeg Indian is interesting too (Indian fine dining).

It will be a lunchtime visit. I will drive through your constituency afterwards..

15 hours ago, sage said:

I've got a mates 60th at Butlins in Minehead coming up. He didn't check the music properly and we have Bewitched, 911 and Chesney Hawkes to look forward to. 

I'm having a couple of nights in Bristol on the way down, staying in Kingsdown. If anyone has any pub, food or cultural tips I'd be grateful.

The Strawberry Thief.

Brilliant bar, loads of Belgian beers and really nice scran.

Just 15 minutes walk from Kingsdown.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

The Strawberry Thief.

Brilliant bar, loads of Belgian beers and really nice scran.

Just 15 minutes walk from Kingsdown.

Recommended that to a guy at the cricket just now as we watched it pour down 🌂😩

Best followed by a lovely Indian at Urban Tandoor.

• 2 weeks later...