Holiday Plans 2023

1of4

21 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Anyone recommend any interesting destinations in Europe, I've been quite lucky in as much I've been to the majority of the major capitals and am now running out of inspiration......only places left I can see are Berlin (doesn't really interest me), ditto Madrid and Copenhagen and Vienna or Geneva (don't really grab me either tbf)

If you ve not been to Sevilla, well worth a visit. Beautiful city one of the prettiest i have been to and seen a few. Plus you are guaranteed to see a home game as Betis and FCSeville alternate

2 hours ago, The Last Post said:

If he likes fair grounds for a bit of fun then the Prata is a good place to enjoy, There's more bars and restaurants there too 😁, Then there's the area around Saint Stephens Church in the City centre...shops, Shops and more shops and guess what...yep more bars, The Danube is a short walk away but there's nowt on the river banks, The Trams are fantastic...on time every time, Make sure he pays tho, If caught you can get arrested for non payment.

The Westbahnhof train station at the top of the Mariahilfastrasse is a good starting point.

I'd Tram hop on a good day, Get on 30mins later get off and mooch around...I hope he enjoys it...I do 👍 

He's got tickets to see Idles at the Arena Wien open air venue, he's based his whole itinerary around that that. 

Krakow, Budapest, Vienna, Prague, Berlin, Hamburg, Amsterdam then finishing in Paris. 

If he makes it past Prague without losing something important I'd be very surprised.

If he makes it past Amsterdam at all, I'd be bloody amazed.

32 minutes ago, Rev said:

He's got tickets to see Idles at the Arena Wien open air venue, he's based his whole itinerary around that that. 

Krakow, Budapest, Vienna, Prague, Berlin, Hamburg, Amsterdam then finishing in Paris. 

If he makes it past Prague without losing something important I'd be very surprised.

If he makes it past Amsterdam at all, I'd be bloody amazed.

I don't know that particular place, But if your Lads doing all those places he's going to enjoy his time I'm sure 😁

On 16/04/2023 at 19:24, Tyler Durden said:

Anyone recommend any interesting destinations in Europe, I've been quite lucky in as much I've been to the majority of the major capitals and am now running out of inspiration......only places left I can see are Berlin (doesn't really interest me), ditto Madrid and Copenhagen and Vienna or Geneva (don't really grab me either tbf)

I like both Madrid and Berlin. Others have mentioned Lisbon and Seville both of which I'd happily go back to. I'd go back to Venice anytime, but many wouldn't. 

Porto is in a beautiful setting, and has the wine industry as an obvious attraction, but is very much a working city and quite "gritty". It is however a good base for day trips by cheap rail along the Douro valley or to interesting smaller cities like Guimaraes (Portugal's original capital) or Aveiro (Portugal's Venice). 

I could suggest any number of places in Italy, but will suggest flying into Pisa and getting a train to Lucca, one of the loveliest cities in Europe IMHO.

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

I like both Madrid and Berlin. Others have mentioned Lisbon and Seville both of which I'd happily go back to. I'd go back to Venice anytime, but many wouldn't. 

Porto is in a beautiful setting, and has the wine industry as an obvious attraction, but is very much a working city and quite "gritty". It is however a good base for day trips by cheap rail along the Douro valley or to interesting smaller cities like Guimaraes (Portugal's original capital) or Aveiro (Portugal's Venice). 

I could suggest any number of places in Italy, but will suggest flying into Pisa and getting a train to Lucca, one of the loveliest cities in Europe IMHO.

If going to Pisa/Lucca I'd recommend a day tip to Cinque Terre on the train and walk between the villages 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Absolutely - I think it's possible to get to some by boat, though I haven't tried that.

I have been on a boat from Portovenere to Riomaggiore by boat after a coastal walk. The train from La Spezia is best though as you can get an hop on hop off ticket so see all the villages economically.